Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<6061626364>»
rm920 Offline
#1831 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 7:11:10 AM(UTC)
rm920

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good morning...

Laurie, so sorry to hear about the problems at Curves and then you having to resign. That is so very frustrating. I will keep my fingers crossed for you as you start the search for a new job. It sure looked like you were enjoying the pumpkin spice whoopie pies! Even Sadie got a taste.

Paula, did you get out in the snow with your snowshoes? The snow looked so pretty. How was your big Saturday breakfast?

Lizzy, I can only imagine the meetings and information that you will try to process as you plan your retirement. But I know you will handle it just fine. What is up with the "sliding" wall? Hope your bulletin boards hang in there for the rest of the term. Will DD's wedding be in Tx or in CA?

Pat, I saw on FB that you made a breakthrough in your family tree!!! I can understand your excitement. It is those tidbits that make us continue on the hunt. Hope it leads to more finds for you.

Carrie, are you still enjoying the sand and surf?

Nancy, hope things are well for you.

As for meeting here, I would have no problem with that. The only problem is that I only have 1 vacation day this year. We get our birthday so I have the one day for that. Don't get real vacation days until next year. And I am 2 hours from any airport. But if we can work it out, I am game. You ladies make your plans for what works for you. If it easier to go elsewhere this year, I am ok with that. If I can work it out, I will. If not I will join again next year.

Today I need to get laundry done and the floors swept and mopped. Then have Hornet doubleheader this afternoon. I also need to get a baby shower card made but I do't have much inspiration for it. So I guess I need to get busy. Will check in later.
lizzyea Offline
#1832 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:57:34 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good afternoon friends. I'm glad you sent the email to the guy, Laurie. Just sit back and see what happens. He may not answer at all and if that is the case, you just have to let it go. I'm glad you got right back on the horse and put in your application at CareerBuilder.

Well, I am going to propose we wait a bit longer to decide on the summer...I want to see what Paula's doctor visits reveal before we make any definite plans. I am, however, thinking that if the stars align correctly, we might want to go to Rhonda's since you only have one day of vacation and I hate to see you not be able to join us. As for the drive to the airport, this time, perhaps we can just rent a car and drive in rather than you having to drive up and get us. But, let's just let it rest for a bit longer and see what unfolds. With Laurie unemployed, too, there could be lots of things going on...........

Well, we are now looking at moving to the Tampa/St. Petersburg area of Florida. We just keep moving around the country. Apparently the cost of living is pretty decent...no state income tax, but no four seasons. The biggest plus is that is where the boys live. So, we'll just have to see what comes of it all. I'm still pulling for NC, I think, but honestly, I'll defer somewhat to my husband. Either of those two places would work for me. No offense, Laurie, but I do have some reservations about us moving to the Cincinnati area.

Anyway...nothing much else happening. I have to finish up my grading. I'm pretty close at this point. So, I'm going to sign off and get to it.

lizzyea Offline
#1833 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 11:18:51 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good evening, friends. Well, I finished nearly all of my grading. I still have one stack of work to do, but I will probably just write very short comments on it. I will take down some of the work on the walls and then put these up. I also want to put up some other items this week, which are already graded.

I got my lesson plans done for the week, which puts me ahead of schedule...I usually do them on Monday afternoon. I realized I have to get my electricity hands-on lessons planned, so I will do that tomorrow afternoon instead. YIKES! I've never done them before, so, yes, I am nervous about them!

It sounds like the wedding has been moved to Las Vegas! It will be ever so much more easy if that is the case. The hotels offer an entire package: venue, someone to do the ceremony, music, photographer, flowers, etc. One cost/one package. Whew! It's way more easy for us, of course! But, I will give her a few days to see if that is what she settles on for sure.

I don't have much other news. I would really like to stay super-focused this week at work, because it will do wonders for me for the next several weeks. I will feel like I am back on track for the next 6-8 weeks, which are very important for the entire rest of the year. Wish me luck!!

How is everyone else doing? Well, have a good Monday...stay warm and safe!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1834 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 6:39:24 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Good morning from sunny warm Florida. My last full day here.

Lizzy the wedding sounds like it's coming along. Did you look into Destin, Florida weddings? There are also Hawaii weddings. The Hilton Waikoloa has a beautiful wedding venue and package too. You can even swim with the dolphins.I have been looking at these when I travel there in case I need to use them someday. I think you need some stronger tape to keep the paper on the walls. Oh, the person on the boat is my brothers wife. My mom and brother have photos too, but they haven't sent them or poste them yet.

Laurie sorry about the job. Hope it all works out. The whoopie pie video was funny. I love your dog.

Rhonda sorry about the no vacation this year. Do you get Holidays off? If your birthday is close to a holiday weekend, you could end up with a 4 day Vacation. Hang in there. Did you get your card done?

Paula is the freezing rain affecting you? Excited for the warmer temps?

Well it's time to get moving and enjoy the day. Yesterday I helped mom get ready for her boat club flee market next weekend. So glad I won't be here for that. Maybe today is a beach day.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1835 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 7:18:37 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good morning ladies.

Yesterday was spend in my dark bedroom with what i believe is a migrane. I was begining to wonder if I had the flu. Today I have that remnant headache. ugh!

Carrie, we did have the freezing rain last night with thunder and lighting. Very strange. DH was playing hockey and he said it was barely raining but the thunder and lighting was weird. Today it is going to be warmer but so many roads are still snow covered that it makes for some very slippery spots. The main roads are fine though. Also, because there is snow and this warmer air, it is very foggy.
Enjoy your last day in the sunshine!! I may be calling you when you get home to ask you some surgery questions. Trying to make decisions here.

Lizzy, good for you getting a jump on your weekly plans. I think kids really like hands on lessons and I am sure your electricy one will be great.
It does sound like Vegas would be an easy (easier) one to plan since they have packages set up just for that. Then they can honeymoon there too.

Rhonda, did you ever make it to the baby card? How was the b-ball game? I did not get out to snowshoe. Saturday I was a slug and yesterday I did nothing.

Think I am going to go lay down for awhile...
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1836 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 11:07:01 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Paula you can call me about this anytime. Except during flight 1:00 until 3:30 tomorrow. Did you know that I had a biopsy a year and a half ago? They saw 3 cluster dots at 10,000 magnification on the mammogram and decided to go in and get them rather than take a chance. Sending you hugs and prayers.
Flee57 Offline
#1837 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 6:42:34 PM(UTC)
Flee57

hi everyone!

Well I went in to get my check today. Marie has had the last word and used her "authority" to give me one last power play. I can't get my check until I bring back a binder that I received when I went to the weekend training in Indianapolis because the Adult Center paid for that. she also wants anything else like booklets or things with Curves information. I told her I have already shredded any curves information that I printed and brought home to study or go over. She said that also means my Curves Complete Cert and my Zumba license isn't mine either because the Adult Center paid for it. I'm considered a Zumba Instructor for a year, whether I have my actual license or not. the Curves Complete Certification can only be used at curves. I have a copy of that cert anyway. So she won't give me the check unless I bring back the binder. I visited with the ladies that were working out when I was there. The lady who gave me the hardest time (not really talking to me for months) was there. It took us a few months to get to a good point. She was genuinely happy to see me. She asked me if I had found something else(as in the reason why I quit) and I said no. she had an inquisitive look on her face. I didn't say anything else because I don't want to make Miranda uncomfortable there. It was really nice. I think there were about 8 ladies there.

Going to a Zumba class with my friend Tess tomorrow and we are going to do Zumba in her basement 2 other times during the week.

Hope you all had a great Monday!

Later!
rm920 Offline
#1838 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:57:10 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Well the weather is sure changing around here. We set record highs yesterday with 75*. Then since 4 this morning the temps have already dropped over 20*. We might even have snow showers this evening! I spent my lunch time on the deck yesterday. It was awesome.

Paula, sure hope the migraine has left you. My DH used to have cluster migraines and he really suffered at times. I have only had 2 migraines and ended up in the hospital with the second one. They are nasty pests.

Carrie, safe travels home today. I do get paid holidays. And I can use my birthday pretty much when I want to, so that is a plus. Then next year will be back to having vacation and time off etc.

Lizzy, a Vegas wedding could be really nice. And the planning can be so much easier. And so much fun for everyone! WTG on getting the papers graded. What kind of class are you doing with electricity?

Laurie, hang in there. Something will come up. How is DH's job search going? At least you can spend some time crafting!

Pat, what have you been up to? Did you get lost with your new relatives?

I worked on the baby card. Finally settled on a design and have the basics cuts, but need to go to WM in hopes of finding some pink ribbon. Also need some ink cartridges for printer. So will do that on the way home tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Nancycs Offline
#1839 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:04:23 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!!

Sorry I have been MIA!

Paula you will be in my prayers. I think it good to get it checked out. Sorry about your migraine. I hope you are better today.

Rhonda I bet that is hard to not have vacation like you have been used to for so many years. Wow 75*. Send it this way we need all this ice to melt!

Laurie I am so sorry about the issues you had with your boss. I think you did the right thing. It is so hard on you to have that kind of stress. I hope you find a job soon and one you enjoy like you did at Curves for the first 8 months. Enjoy Zumba.

Carrie I hope you enjoyed your last day in FL. I wish I were there too!

Lizzy a Vegas wedding could be fun! I am sure there are a lot of choices since so many people get married there. You talk about 4 seasons and not having that in FL. Were you hoping to have that or do you like not having it?

Yes Riley is adjusting to life back here. He didn't want to leave though. There are so many pictures I don't know where to start. I also have my SIL's pics and will have some of the other peoples pics too. He really does have a lot of stories to tell. One of them was the day he slept in the hammock on the island and woke up to the lizards ( I can't remember which kind) laying on him. He wished he had his camera to take a picture.

We have a lot of ice here. School is closed for the second day. The roads are just so thick with ice and it is warm so it is melting and so even more slippery. THe main roads are OK but all the side roads and country roads are really slick. So I have a house full as well as a couple of kids I have never had. They are the older brothers of one of regular kids. It will be a busy day!

As far as the get together I hope we make the plans a lot earlier so I could get a day off and join you this year.

Have a great day everyone!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1840 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:56:22 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Hello from the airport. I am awaiting my flight. No plane at the gate yet but there is lots of time.

The weather is beautiful here and it is hard to leave. I love the sunshine.

Nancy stay safe. That ice storm looked horrible on the news.

Lizzy if you are in northern Florida you will have a change in seasons. You get a change down here too but not as drastic. If you want some snow, North Carolina is a better choice there. I could care less about snow.

Laurie hope the job issue all works out.

Well I think I'll put this away and find some water. Take care
imnchghere Offline
#1841 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:29:31 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good afternoon..

Carrie, you are probably in the air getting ready to land or have landed. I am loving the sunshine and near 70* temps today. Rain is coming tonight and tomorrow, then we are back to the cooler weather.
Nancy, I too saw about your weather. Be safe. I am sure Riley will have stories for a long time as he recalls a moment and starts talking about it. Do you think he will want to return next year?
Paula, sorry about the migraine. Hope you are feeling better today.
Laurie, sorry that you had to leave a job that you seemed to really enjoy.
Rhonda, I have been trying to figure out any other loose ends for the new find. I truly had never thought I would find anything about this person in my searches. The fact he was born out of wedlock, given away for adoption, just made it so unlikely. I do have now a birth and death date though and a newspaper listing for an obituary. Hoping my So Cal message board friends can get a copy for me.
Hope you are able to get the baby card finished. I am going to cut grass strips tonight for cfs cards. I will be working on those Monday.
Lizzy, I loved when we lived in the Tampa area. Jim has a cousin who lives in that area now as well as other family. I could probably live in FL again, but we wouldn't see the grands as often. One of these days we will have to decide where we are going to retire though. TOO expensive here in MD.

I went to J's today and found some fabrics that are perfect with the new paint colors I am hoping to use. Unfortunately I can't buy any of them right now as I am not sure what I would be doing with them. Not sure if I want drapes in the LR and a valance in the eating area over the sliding door. I have to make a decision though as the 60% off sale ends on Saturday. I did get sample pieces of all of them to ponder over.

I have a little society work to do this week for the newsletter
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1842 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:49:05 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

I have joined the land of the living again. We did the Tue. house and after I had some lunch I went and got groceries. It is 56 and very dark today. I have to turn on the lights to type this. It is supposed to be 17 Thur. Crazy weather.
I have been so hungry since my headache. I didn't eat from 5:00 Sat. night until 11ish Monday morning. I think that is a record for me, haha.

Pat, it is amazing that you could find info like that. Especially the way adoptions were back then. Very cool!!! :)

I am going to check out Kansas travel options. What airport would we use Rhonda? Glad you got the baby card under control.

Nancy, nice to have you check in. Glad all is well. Crazy weather you're having too, or is that typical? Hope all went well with the extra kids.

Carrie, I hope your flight went well. Hope you're feeling rested.

Lizzy, how exciting to be planning your future living location. To be so open to options is really an adventure!!

I might go hold the twins a bit tonight, we will see how much energy I have.
lizzyea Offline
#1843 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:39:31 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends....not much going on here except work! Kat and Malcolm are coming in this weekend for the Super Bowl so I hope not to bring home any work. As I told Laurie, this time right now until the end of March is PUSH time...it's crucial to teaching as it's our last opportunity to teach everything that needs to be taught. We go on vacation at the end of March, return at the end of April and then about two weeks later take the State exams. Honestly, if we don't teach it before we leave at the end of March, FORGET it! Fortunately, my kids are good and serious!

Nancy, it is good to hear from you and fun to hear about some of Riley's adventures! The lizard story sounds...well...unique! I, of course, would have died...luckily, he did not!! Good luck with the weather there...just be careful!

Pat, we have plantation shutters in our downstairs and, frankly, I love them. It takes all the question out of the window covering issue for me. If I had the money, I'd have them in every single room/every single window! Maybe my next house....

Laurie, how did the card-making go tonight?

Paula, so sorry about the headache. Did you get to some twin-holding tonight?

Carrie, where did you visit in Florida? Yes, I would like to have four seasons....but I would forego it for other options, like living close to my husband's family.

Rhonda...did you say it would be better to fly into Kansas City or Topeka? Let us know so we can scope out the flights, please.

Alrighty friends...I brought home some work, so I need to get to it. I'll talk with everyone later.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1844 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:59:36 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

I don't like this time of day...unless I am leaving for vacation..haha

Lizzy, I did get some twin holding in last night. I stayed longer than I should have but I wanted to help get them fed, changed and sleeping for the night.
I didn't give myself enought time to get settled down here and I couldn't fall asleep. I am very tired this morning.

But...I am off to the biopsy. I am hoping it will go quick and that will give me maybe an hour to lay down before Deb comes. We will see.

Off and running...
rm920 Offline
#1845 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:32:59 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning form a very windy cold morning here in Kansas. Our winds are gusting 30 - 40 mph this morning. BRRRR!!!

Paula, I will be thinking of you this morning. So glad you got some baby time last night. I know how much the parents appreciate any help.

Lizzy, flying in to Wichita or Kansas City are the best options. Topeka does not have a true airport. Wichita is a bit closet but the fares most of the time are a bit higher. But it is good to check both options. Hope you are keeping up with the school and do not get to feeling overloaded. You have a lot of fun coming in your future....DD's wedding, moving, retiring...

Pat, hope your friends in So. Cal. can help you find the documents you need. Given the info you had, I think it is awesome you were able to find more. Love to know those brick walls down!

Nancy, you have had some nasty weather. Hope the ice is better this morning and the kiddos are back in school. Have you started your classes yet?

Carrie, have you made the temperature adjustment yet? Welcome home!

I got the shower card finished last night and will go shopping for a gift tonight. I ended up changing the card a bit so I could just use from what I had on hand. I am trying to not buy anything new as I really need to use what I have first!

Hope everyone has a good day.
imnchghere Offline
#1846 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:50:21 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. going to be a nasty day here weather wise, so I am going to hunker down and just work on some more cuts and my column for the society newsletter. The column is almost done, so shouldn't take long.
Paula, I hope the biopsy goes quickly. Have fun with Deb today also. Do you have anything to work on?

Lizzy, I love the look of plantation shutters. They won't work in the living room window though, so I am going to go with drapes but only on the sides (not to close all the way across). I will just need to figure out yardage.

Rhonda, wtg on finishing the card. I am in a birthday card swap with a tea group I have been part of for years. I have 4 b'days in March, so I need to get those cards made. One will be going to France and one to Canada, so I will need to allow extra time. I have a couple tea stamps, so I think I will use those. I also have some digital images I could use, but would need to find them.
I am hoping the socal group can get me the obituary. If that doesn't yield any info, then I will call and order the death certificate.

Wind is kicking up and I have been typing this for a while. I better get it sent, before I lose it. Hope everyone has a good day.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1847 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:05:43 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good afternoon. Arriving home wasn't so bad. Jim had smoked things so there is lots of food. The house was good and the kitchen was clean. Surprise, surprise. I did have to go and get a few staples that we were low on. So all is was good.

Rhonda the weather here is quite warm for January. It is stormy though. Tomorrow will be a shock. It may even snow. Good going on getting the card done. I very rarely get any done and that's terrible.

Pat I used to make custom window treatments for people. I have drapes in the great room that drop 16 feet. Those were the hardest things i ever made. I have blinds but they don't get it dark enough. Sure hope you get the obituary.

Paula I hope the biopsy went well. I am anxious to hear.

Lizzy that is interesting on the teaching schedule. Do you review everything when you get back from break then? I go to my brother's in Estero Florida. It is my favorite area in all of Florida. I lived in Miami for several years, my Grandmother lived in Tampa, and my parents live in Venice so go there too. If you move there get a place near the water. In the summer it is very hot but cooler near the ocean. It also storms in the middle of the day in the summer to cool things down. The area south of Sarasota rarely gets hit by hurricanes. They have had 1 in the past 50 years.

Well it is a crazy day in Ohio. The wind and weather is wild. Ohio University is on lock down because of an armed robber and Olentangy Orange HS and surround schools near me are also on lockdown for another armed robber. I've got most of my work done so I am going to go play for a little while.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1848 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:58:50 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies,

I am really sorry I didn't check in this morning. I forgot. Deb came very shortly after I got home. We played in the scrap room and then when she left I sat in front of the wonderful fire Tay had made.

Everything went fine. I wouldn't say it was fun....Unsure I think I will be more sore than I expected but it's not bad.
I will include this info for Carrie:
It was the stereotactic biopsy table type biopsy. He took 4 samples but after looking at it, saw that he got what he needed in the first one. (no way of knowing that at the time. It tells me that they had a really good aim!!) He did hit a vein and I have a small hemotoma (sp?). Then after a new baseline mamo, steri strip, pressure bandage, ice pack and ace bandage wrap, I was good to go. So, that's that. I will get the results in a few days.

Pat, I am making cuts from Quarter notes for a scrapbook basket a friend puts together for the band auction. I know this is a shock but I am planning ahead.

Going back to the fire before it goes out. I will be back later. :)
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1849 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:42:47 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Paula glad everything is over and you are fine. I had the stereotactic one too. It might be a little sore for a day or two. Take Tylenol of Advil if you need it. Enjoy the fire!

Not much happening here. Tomorrow I have a conference call first thing. Then Reflexology, a trip to the office to meet the new secretary, and then to see the surgeon. I am 100% sure that visit will go well. I believe I am all healed but we'll see.

Sweet Dreams!
Flee57 Offline
#1850 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:35:19 PM(UTC)
Flee57

good evening everyone!

Pat, I just heard that the DC area is under a tornado watch. If it's the storms that went through last night and this morning, batten down the hatches! Hope it doesn't get too bad for you.

Paula (((HUGS))) to you. I'm sure that wasn't very comfortable. Prayers for good results.

Well this is short and sweet. We're ok. Hope you all are ok

Later!
Flee57 Offline
#1851 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:37:02 PM(UTC)
Flee57

good evening everyone!

Pat, I just heard that the DC area is under a tornado watch. If it's the storms that went through last night and this morning, batten down the hatches! Hope it doesn't get too bad for you.

Paula (((HUGS))) to you. I'm sure that wasn't very comfortable. Prayers for good results.

Well this is short and sweet. We're ok. Hope you all are ok

Yesterday was 70+* and right now it's only 31, going down to about 23. Snow tonight and tomorrow

Later!
rm920 Offline
#1852 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:50:12 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

Laurie, sounds like you are getting our weather pattern. 70's one day and 30's the next. We have also had a lot of wind. Some rain, sleet, or snow but not much. What a weird weather pattern.

Carrie, hope all the results at the Dr. are good today! Enjoy relexology.

Lizzy, hope your week is going great.

Paula, what did you get to work on yesterday in your crafting session?

Pat, did you get the newsletter completed?

I did get my gift for the shower last night, so need to get it wrapped tonight. Also need to pay a few bills. And then it is back to paper work.

What is everyone up to today?
Nancycs Offline
#1853 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:43:37 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Paula I hope you slept well last night. I hope you aren't too sore today. LOL on you planning ahead. I also wait until the last moment too.

Rhonda I am also not buying anything new as far as crafting. I will buy if I run out of something I really need but I have soo much. I really need to pare down as it is. I ended up dropping the class. THere were things in the class I would not have been able to do with my work schedule and then I tried to get some answers out of the instructor and she would answer some questions and not others. I had to find out before the drop period and that wasn't happening. I wasn't going to pay and then not be able to complete the class. I will have to find time to go in and talk to her so I know before I sign up. I also got another response to my email a week later and she answered the same question again. I am not sure how on top of things she is.

Lizzy I imagine it is a big help that your kids are good so you can teach them without too many interruptions for other things. I think that is crazy that the state exams are 2 weeks after you get back. I imagine you will do a lot of reviewing those 2 weeks.

Carrie I hope you appointment goes well today. I bet it was nice to come home and not have work to do around there. That is the worst coming home from vacation to a mess.

Pat I heard you found an ancestor that you have been looking for for years. That is great news. I hope you are able to find out more about him. Did you get a lot done yesterday?

Well it is really cold here. Below 0 wind chills and barely above 0 for the temp. We will be staying inside today. Tomorrow will be the same so we are going to do crazy, silly day tomorrow.

Not much on the agenda today. I should get back to work on my taxes again. I have done most of it. It is just a little more on my calendar and then the a few odds and ends. I will then review last years taxes to see if I missed anything. I also have relicensing paperwork to fill out and I need to call to get the cats in for their shots.

Have a great day everyone!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1854 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:52:47 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies.

Wow Nancy!! It is really cold by you!!
Sorry the class didn't work out for now. It seems strange that she didn't get back to you to answer your questions. I don't blame you for not signing up without the info you needed. You don't want to waste your money or time.
I slept pretty well last night. I couldn't lay on my left side which is my favorite.

Rhonda, I was making cuts to put in a basket for the band auction. Didn't finish them but got started.
Sounds like you are about ready for the shower. Is this for your DGS's baby? Exciting times!!

Well, I am going to jump in the shower, I am meeting a girl for lunch.

We went from a foot of snow to rain, rain, rain to freezing temps last night with a dusting of snow. So I will be braving the cold.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1855 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:23:07 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

WOW!! Where is everyone today???

Let it snow...let it snow...let it snow...

We got a couple inches today and they are saying the lake effect snow can be up to 12 inches in some places. It will be interesting to see what morning brings. It is so windy it is all swirling around out there.

We went out to eat with about twenty people (staff) from church. Then I spent the rest of the night with part of the couch pulled up to the fireplace. DH played hockey in this weather. It's like 15* out there.

Gonna call it an early night. I am tired tonight.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1856 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 5:31:34 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning.

Paula it is cold here too. Gotta love the fire! How big of a hole did they take from you? It shouldn't affect your sleep too much. My left side is my fav too but because of the lymphedema that is no longer the best option. Stay warm!

Nancy sorry about the class. Seems like there is always one bad apple teaching school. Right LIzzy? Those wind chill temps near you, make me shiver. Did you get your taxes and paper work taken care of?

Rhonda When is the shower? How is the new job going? Are you going to do anything special for the superbowl? Michigan plays Indiana this weekend and I am concerned they might not win this game. Being #1 is the kiss of death lately.

My doctor lifted some restrictions. I am able to work out lightly with light weights but no tennis. He says the incision is closed but is "very angry". Well I have to go to the office and help out today so I best get the shower out of the way. I also have a list from Jim to get at the market. I am not too keen about wandering out in this cold. 8* here this morning with -10* wind chills. I should have stayed in Florida!
rm920 Offline
#1857 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 6:37:46 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Paula, stay warm! It is only 9* here this morning but at least there is not wind. I am still hoping we get some measurable snow at some point. How did you sleep last night?

Carrie, sorry the incision site is still "angry". Hope it improves quickly. I do not have any plans for the super bowl. Will just have it on while I do other things.

Nancy, sorry the class did not work out. But at least you were able to stop before you spent the money and a lot more time before you realized it wasn't going to work. Hope it gets warm in your area soon.

The baby shower tomorrow is for DGS's baby. The little one is due March 13th. Everything is going well for them so far. This shower is like one other I attended. Males and females are all invited. Cody & Drew open the gifts. So different from the ones I remember where only females attended. But I think the trend of men being more involved in the care of the little ones is good.

My new job continues to go well. I learn more each day. The bookkeeper was sick 2 days this week and I was able to handle most everything without a problem. I am so very thankful I was able to find a job so quickly and one I think I will really come to enjoy.

Hope everyone has a great Friday. I think I am going out for a bite to eat after work with friends. Will catch you all later.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1858 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 8:33:42 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies.

Every school all around us is closed, not St. Joe. They did this one day last week too.
We must not have been in the lake effect snow band because looking out there may be two inches or a bit more. It was really windy so maybe it blew away, haha.
It is 12* now.

I called my Dr. and checked if the results were in. (the ladies who helped with the biopsy told me they should most certainly be ready today) Not there yet. I told them I didn't want to wait until my appt. next Thur to get the results.
I have the appliance repair guy comming this afternoon to check out the oven. DH thinks it's the whole unit. (built in oven/microwave) I sure hope not. It is the only appliance we bought for this kitchen. The rest are dinosaur old and I want to replace them first.

Rhonda, enjoy the shower. I am glad all is going well for them. I like the idea of both being there for the shower. It makes it nicer if you don't know the mom to be that well, (and if she doesn't know that side of the family real well too)
I slept really well last night. It hardly hurts at all now, just a bit sore. I think the most discomfort was from the swelling.
I am soooo glad you are liking your new job. =D You have caught on quickly. I bet it felt good knowing you did so well while the bookkeeper was gone. Is she the one that will be leaving?

Carrie, I love the warm fire too. Wed. Tay built one downstairs for while we scrapped but yesterday I just clicked on the one up here whenever I wanted to sit for a bit. We spent years with an old gas fireplace set up that we never used so I am glad we made the decision to put this one in.
I don't notice a hole (like dent). They took four samples with the needle if that tells you. ??
I don't blame your incision site, I would be angry if you worked out like that with me....no wait!! maybe it is angry because it only got to go to FLA. Maybe you should take it to Hawaii! hehe
imnchghere Offline
#1859 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 9:41:02 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. I started a post a while ago and then got a note from eldest dd. A very close friend of hers had a house fire last night and lost 2 of her 4 children, ages 3 and 6. Stephanie is in total shock and it threw me completely off. It is just so, so sad to hear this kind of news. Please say a prayer for this young mother and her family.
We had a light snow this morning. Started about 5am and was done by 7. Maybe 1/2 in and it is the light fluffy kind that is blowing all over. The sun is out and the sky is blue with white puffy clouds. Roads are clear.
I read all the posts, but not sure I can catch up.
Nancy, I have seen on the news about your cold weather. After our heat wave, we have gone back to cold also. Of course it would seem warm to you. I am sorry also you had to drop the class, but it seems like it was a good decision considering everything. As for the found ancestor, I have known about him for years. I even have baby pictures. One is a portrait and the other is of my grandmother holding him. I would say he is about 6 mos old. I am not sure when she gave him up and if it was a legal adoption. Story is, his paternal grandparent's took him. Obviously he knew my grnadmother's name, as it was on his marriage license in 1943, which is how I stumbled across him. I found it in some on line records. I have determined he passed away in 2000, but can find no record of his wife's death, so she may very well still be alive. She would be 90. Appears there were no children, which is a real disappointment.

Carrie, sounds like your recovery is going well and that you can do some things in moderation. I need to go out today also, but it is 20ish here, so not real bad. It is breezy, but not as bad as the winds we had the past days. I decided on a fabric for the window treatments and I want to get it at J's while it is 60% off. That ends tomorrow.

Rhonda, glad the job continues to go well and boy I wish you could have gotten some of the rain we had. 4-6 inches depending. Our snowfall has been pretty insignificant except in the mountains.

Paula, I know you are anxious to get the results. Keeping my fingers crossed and a prayer for a good report. {{HUG}}

I am going to stop now while I am ahead and head to J's. I still have a lot to do today here, but I don't want to get caught in Friday traffic.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1860 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 1:18:05 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Dr. Office just called:

NOT CANCER!!!!