Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<2223242526>»
SandraB. Offline
#691 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 8:12:08 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 204 post(s)
Hi everyone;
Enjoying the first game of the NHL hockey season FINALLY! Vancouver vs. Edmonton. Visited the kids today, then home to finish housework.

Nancy: have fun with all your re-organizing

Laura: congrats on your notepad orders

Sonja: have fun with your new craft kits. Re-organizing for you too BigGrin

Well, back to the hockey game.BigGrin
NJsharon Offline
#692 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 5:10:11 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lv2scrap02 Go to Quoted Post
Sharon.. did the new CTMH Catty's come out yet??

I had to make 2 birthday cards today and I used the CTMH Paper Pack called "Flirty" Wow

what gorgeous paper/cardstock very impressed with itBigGrin

Ooh yes, flirty is very bright & fun!

Yes the new idea book is out, goes live on February 1st though, so you cannot order from it yet. Have to say I liked the last idea book, but may love the papers & stuff in this idea book even more! Was happy as they have a couple of 'boyish' packs, as I always have customers that complain there are not enough boy papers!

PM me your address again & I will get you an idea book in the mail soon, no problem!

Anyone else on this thread that is in the US, just PM me your address if you would like a new CTMH idea book & I am happy to mail you one too!
NJsharon Offline
#693 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 5:13:21 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Wish we had today off, but we need to make up for days missed because of Hurricane Sandy, so working today.

Starting my new assignment too, in 1st grade classroom, so will see how that goes. Not excited about it, but you never know, could enjoy it. So trying to keep an open mind.

Sandra, enjoy the hockey! I will take hockey over football any day. All this talk of football on my facebook page, from friends is crazy! I would much rather watch the NY Rangers play!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#694 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 1:24:19 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 952 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PedalPower Go to Quoted Post
Hi Nancy...I use these boxes that I get at Office Depot:

http://www.officedepot.c...xes-Plastic-Storage-Box/

They hold a ton of cards, the lids snap on nice and tight and they stack very well without sliding around. They're not very expensive. I think I have six of them. I have made dividers that I use to separate the types of cards I made. Hope this helps.

I went out today looking for a Office Depot that came up on Google 12 miles away... well it closed about 10 yrs. ago!

So went looking at 2 "Staples Stoes" I couldn't believe they were out of stock on those containers.

So DH said lets go out to lunch make it worth our trip. So we went to "Famous Dave's" Restaurant. If you like BBQ Pork that is the place to goBigGrin

Anyway came home and order 3 on line and 1 larger box.

Shelly Offline
#695 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 1:40:08 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Sharon - Hope you adjust to your new assignment quickly at your job. Its hard to change kids, when you are attached to them and especially if they have challenges and you know how attached they are to you!

Laura - How exciting getting orders to sell your creations! That is great! Congratulations.

Nancy - Good luck with your reorganizing. I have a love hate feeling about doing that. It takes me so long to some find things because they aren't where they were. But it is nice to have things straightened up and usually I get in the groove fast.

We have a Famous Dave's by us, but we haven't tried it. I will have to tell DH about what you said. He loves pork and I don't fix it enough for him, since it isn't my favorite.

I need to get into my craft room this week and make some cards!! I have ideas for lots I want to do, just haven't gotten to it. I need to work on my Christmas cards for the challenge to.

Have a good day everyone!
NJsharon Offline
#696 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 5:46:46 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Well my first day in my new 'assignment' at school went fine. The boy I am working one-on-one with was on best behavior today! I guess he is feeling me out still as he was great! Still not happy I had to change, but looks like my supervisor is keeping it this way & no changing back.

Had my annual GYN appt today, which seemed to go fine. Except when she did the breast exam she felt some 'toughness' on my right side. She said it might just be me, muscle tissue around the rib cage, so shouldn't be anything to worry about. But she wants me to do a mammogram anyway to be sure. Oh fun! So have to schedule that tomorrow.

SandraB. Offline
#697 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 7:52:42 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Evening everyone;
Well, it's turned cold here again and I think I was out of the school more today than I was in itGlare! First I had morning and lunch recess supervision with my grade 4 student, back in for 1/2 hr. than walked to the curling rink for the afternoon there with the junior highs. Then back to the school. Also had some errands to run afterschool, so was a little chilled when I got home. As tomorrow is bowling night I'm making a tuna casserole in my slow cooker tonite, then we just have to warm up a dish when we get home. I will be gone bowling by the time dh gets home so it will be easy for him. DD made it with salmon yesterday while we were there and dh thought it sounded good but with tuna instead, we'll see.BigGrin

Sharon: glad your first day with your new student went well, glad you went with an open mind. Good to hear your gyn appt. went well, best to get the mammogram done just to be on the safe side. I really enjoyed the hockey game last nite...so much so I'm trying to design a hockey bear using the Teddy Bear Cart and dress him in the Oiler colors. Fingers crossed I can get it to workBlushing!

Nancy: your lunch sounded great. I've never heard of that place...I guess it's not up here. Glad you were able to order your boxes online.

Shelly: hope you get to try out the restaurant soon. Good luck with your cards. Dh came home today and wants a going away card for a gal at work...will have to dig through my stash and see what I have.

I'm off to check out all the new cuts they've given us to use.BigGrin, hope they are available for awhile.

Bye for now, take care everyone

DebbieScraps Offline
#698 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 10:45:14 PM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Hi everyone, sorry life got really hectic here and I have got behind with so many things, hate it when that happens! I had a lovely day with my friends who are visiting from South Africa, was great to catch up on all the news and see them again. The time just flew past far too quickly!!

Romulus had his next set of vacinations and it made him sick, was so sad to see him so lethagic and miserable. DD took him back to the vet and she said just to keep an eye on him and by the evening he was getting back to his normal cheeky self thank goodness.

JeanneLee Offline
#699 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:03:25 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Trying to catch up with you all here... sorry its long.

Welcome-Amanda(moosesmommy)...sounds like you keep quite busy with your family.
Hope you get to carve out some creative time, I know how hard it can be with young ones.

Hi craftycrafter, nice to meet you, too! Hearing about you living in Essex brought up memories of my teen years. I use to LOVE David Essex! Wink

Sonya
, sorry to hear about your DH's accident. Glad he is okay. You won't believe this but DD had a accident last Thursday. Same thing, someone rear ended her. Busted her tail light and scuffed up her car...its in the shop now and she has a rental. She starts new classes this week and her job hours are changed, so she had to have a car.(she has a great boss that works with her college class hours) This area is horrendous with all the traffic...accidents are inevitable.

Sharon, sorry to hear about the changes for you at school. Its good that you had a good first day with the new boy. What happened to the person who was with him before?

Hi Sandra, so you are a big hockey fan? I have seen one hockey game in Columbus, Ohio when I was a teen. I remember how cold it was and that I wasn't dressed for it!Glare

Nancy
, sorry to hear you are having knee problems. DH had to go in for an x-ray...he thought he had torn something playing football a few weeks ago. The doc said its just arthritis...same thing they told me a few months ago when my left knee was bothering me after trying to start a running program! Guess we are getting old!

Joy,hope you are having a wonderful time on your trip/cruise!

Hi Laura, Shelly and Debbie! Hope you are having a great week. Trying to get in the crafty mood...I need to get a BIG poster made for DS's Marine boot camp graduation next week!
We leave Tuesday for Parris Island, SC...his graduation is on Friday, Feb. 1st! WE can't wait!!
Its been 12 weeks since we have seen him.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:04:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NJsharon Offline
#700 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:24:52 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Originally Posted by: JeanneLee Go to Quoted Post

Sharon, sorry to hear about the changes for you at school. Its good that you had a good first day with the new boy. What happened to the person who was with him before?

We leave Tuesday for Parris Island, SC...his graduation is on Friday, Feb. 1st! WE can't wait!!
Its been 12 weeks since we have seen him.

The person that was with the new boy traded with me basically. I think because she found this boy too much hard work, so now they are giving me a try. Oh boy. From his journal he sounds like a terror, every day! So will see what happens once he comes out more & gets used to me. I have hope I can work with him, so he won't be as bad. But if this assignment becomes too much I will for sure be letting my supervisor know right away!

That is fantastic you get to see your son soon! Congrats to him for making it, that training really is a challenge!
 1 user thanked NJsharon for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 1/22/2013(UTC)
Shelly Offline
#701 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:32:28 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Jeanne- So exciting to get to see your DS. My SIL did the army bootcamp a year ago and I went with my DD to see his graduation which was in South Carolina somewhere. We spent several days with him and drove him to Georgia to his training.

Sandra - Your casserole sounds yummy. After cooking for my big family for so long, and then having everyone leave home all at once, I am finding it hard to cook for just the three of us left. My DH and DS hate leftovers and I like to eat healthier than they will, so I really don't like cooking much. Half the time I will fix a good dinner and they come home and my DS has other plans or ate a late lunch and isn't hungry and my husband isn't hungry. They say they'll eat it the next night, but hardly ever do. Gets frustrating.

Post a pic of your hockey teddy bear. Would love to see it. I really like that cartridge.

Sharon - Glad your first day went well. Maybe he will be better for you. Sometimes people just don't click with some people, so hopefully he will with you!

Have a good day everyone!
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
SandraB. Offline
#702 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 4:00:08 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Good afternoon;
Thought I would post a quick note before leaving for bowling.

Shelly: I know what you mean...most of the time it's dh and myself. Sure like using the slow cooker though. I'll let you know how the casserole turned out laterBigGrin

Sharon: hope you had another good day with your new little guy. I'm sure you will do fine with him.

JeanneLee: yes we are big hockey fans. We support our local Junior A team as season ticket holders as well Troy sells programs for them. We have been to a few Oiler games but would rather watch them at home on tv. Congrats to your son on finishing his Boot Camp. Bet you can't wait to see himLove

Debbie: glad you had a nice visit with your friends. Glad Romulus is doing better after his shots.

Here is a picture of the hockey bear I created complete with hockey stick. The bear is from the teddy bear cart, the football player and the stick is from the Go Canada cart. Hope you like it. Let me know if there is something I could have done different. He is dressed in Oiiler colors.

File Attachment(s):
hockey bear.jpg (2,215kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
Shelly Offline
#703 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:16:27 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Sandra - LOVE Love your hockey teddy bear! He's great. GOOD JOB!

Okay - did anyone else watch HSN and see the Anna Griffin cuttlebug and folders? I watched the launch and decided I didn't need it, I have a cuttlebug. But the more I thought about it with all the folders you get and with the ones on autoship, it was a good deal. So I have already broke my resolve to use my stash and bought more stuff. I love her stuff though. She said last night she is working with PC and on a cartridge. She does such beautiful, elegant stuff. Don't know what I'll do with my old cuttlebug, but I guess I will figure it out. Now just hope my DH doesn't find outScared Hoping it is delivered on a day he is at work!

Now I need to turn it off so I don't find more stuff I need!
NJsharon Offline
#704 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:25:29 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Sandra, the hockey bear is so darn cute! Great job!

Shelly, I was working yesterday, so didn't see the HSN specials. Just had to go check on their website! Still a little pricey for me, especially as I have a cuttlebug & don't use it a whole ton. If I used it a lot more, I think that is a good deal though!

8 degrees out right now, still too cold for me. But I know you folks in Canada think that is nothing. LOL

Corey was still great for me yesterday. So maybe he will continue to work well with me? I can hope! Everyone still thinks he is just coming out of his shell though, time will tell.

I stil miss my kindergarten kiddies though, they are so darn cute!
AlyaMama Offline
#705 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:17:46 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hello- it finally warmed up up her in my studio, so I've been trying hard to get organized. It's not going well. I keep thinking if I had more shelves, but oh well. It's supposed to get cold again. So I should be crafting instead of moving things around.

Layla has been keeping me so busy. She's not walking yet, but she sure can crawl.

Sharon, I don't know much about the boy your helping but maybe he needs a little stability in his life. Go into it as postivie as you can. Kids can sense what adults are thinking so imagine that he's a great kid ad you'll probably not have many problems with him.

Debbie that was nice you were able to see your friend.

Nancy I have a sick obsession with plastic containers, they are really expensive here though so I don't buy many at a time. I think plastic containers are the answer to everything.BigGrin

Sonya sorry about your DH car accident, hopefully he'll get his car back fast.

Joy welcome back, how exciting you got to go to the tonight show.

Better get back to cleaning and organizing.

Hopefully be back soon.
SandraB. Offline
#706 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:29:33 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Glad you liked my bear, he was fun to make. Another half day spent out of the school. We took the kids skating for the first 2 blocks, then morning recess and a bit later lunch recess. Tomorrow is even better...skating 2 blocks, lunch recess and then back to the curling rink for the afternoon. Could end up being a rather easy dayBigGrin

Sharon: glad things are still going well Corey. I'm sure if you stay positive things will be just fine for him. As Angie says, they do like consistency. We were basking in -8 weather today...sun was shining and no windBigGrin

Angie: glad you got some heat back in your studio and you are back at crafting and organizing.

Shelly: I don't get the HSN channel so didn't see the Anna Griffin cuttlebug. I've never had one, just use my Big Shot. Have fun with yours...maybe your dd could use it. I know what you mean about dh not finding out...just before Christmas I ordered some carts from here and a DVD for ds. Wouldn't you know it they showed up within an hour of each other...one by Fedex and one by UPS. And of course, dh was home. The carts arrived first; I tried passing them off as the DVD but then when the DVD did arrive I was bustedLOL

Better run, another hockey game is on...hope tonite's score is MUCH better than the last.
Shelly Offline
#707 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:21:26 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Sharon - Glad things are going well with your new student. Hopefully it will continue for you. Stay positive, kids will pick up if you don't want to be with them. I'm sure you are doing great!

Angie - Glad the weather is warming up for you. Organizing is so worth it, once its all done! Have fun crafting with your new organization.

Sandra - Oh! -8 yuck!! But I guess you have a lot of that, and worse, this time of year.

We had rain night before last and since it was so cold it froze when it hit the ground so EVERY surface is coated in ice. Very unusual for us. I went outside in the afternoon thinking (shouldn't do that) that it may have warned up enough it wouldn't still be slick. Boy was I wrong. I ended up doing a very ungraceful slip and slide and ended up on my back in the driveway. Where I slipped even looked dry! I think i have pulled every muscle in my body along with a big bruise and scrape on my elbow. No one was outside, so hopefully not too many saw my acrobatics.

Going to go get moving and work my sore muscles out.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#708 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 5:45:56 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

I have been so busy the last few days I litterly pulled my Craft Room apart and cleaned everything. This is in between having Abigail. Trust me she is keeping me busy all day.

I moved her jumper so she could see me in my craft room and she played and jumped and I cleaned.

The plastic containers arrived in 24 hours.:)

Thanks you Sonya they are perfect. I bought several containers for my cards and 1 large one to hold my Martha Stewert Punch Around the page kit. From HSN they will send me punches every 4 months so I knew I needed to store them in something.

I DVR'd HSN for 24 hours. I was a very very good girl and didn't spend a penny. In the past i would have been on that phone ordering.

Shelly enjoy your new AG Cuttlebug those embossing folders looked awesome

I have the Sizzix Big Shot I love it so i knew I was safe there.

Sandra love your Hockey Teddy Bear he is too cute

Angie.. glad the weather is warming up for you. The temps here are crazyMad

Sharon.. thanks for the CTMH new Catty

jeanneLee.. enjoy your son's graduation

Debbie.. I hope your little grandson is ok after his shots

Hoping to get some crafting done this weekend

Have a good night/day all
 1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 1/25/2013(UTC)
JeanneLee Offline
#709 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 7:43:11 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
HI ANGIE! I forgot to mention you in my last post...I hate forgetting to mention,
Hope you enjoying getting back into you craft room. Glad to hear Layla is continuing to progress...she will be walking before you know it!

Honestly, its weeks like these I need a small heater in the basement...its frigid down there.
But we seem to only have these temps one week out of the year.

WE did get some snow today about 2 inches on top of the 1-2 we had. Its so cold...nothing is melting!

Next week at Parris Island,SC its suppose to be low 70s one or two days. Looks like it may rain for Joel's graduation. BUT no matter...we get to see him!! Got a letter today and he said he is absolutely going nuts to see us.
He is finishing up his last Marine test > the Crucible as I type...54 hours of LOTS of physical stuff, only 3 MREs(meals ready to eat) and only 8 hrs. of sleep. It began at 2am on Weds, morning and ends at 8am tom'w. He will no longer be a recruit, but will be a United States Marine.

I can't wait!!

Edited by user Friday, January 25, 2013 7:44:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: misspelled

SandraB. Offline
#710 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 9:35:58 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Just got in from a going-away dinner for a gal at dh work. Her dd was a former student of mine about 5 years ago. We went to a new place that just opened here, sort of a sports bar I guess. The meal was pretty good and it was quite nice. Today was tiring at school...skating for an hour or so with the grade 4's in the a.m. (I didn't go on the ice), then lunch recess then back to the curling rink for the afternoon with the junior highs. At least the weather has warmed up so it was nice walking back and forth. I think we hit 0 todayBigGrin

JeanneLee: I have a small space heater in my craft room all year round...I have it on most of the time in the winter when I'm down here. Sometimes even in the summer...depending on the weather. Congrats to your son, the marine. Bet you can't wait to see him.

Nancy: sounds like you've been busy. Glad the containers worked out for you. Glad you've got your room all organized.

Shelly: hope you're not too sore after your fall. I almost did a face plant on the ice on the way back to the school. Not sure if the kids would have helped me or not...probably would have just left me laying thereBlushing. You sure do have to watch out on the ice.

Tomorrow my friend and I are off to visit mom in the a.m., with a stop in at M's. Then a hockey game tomorrow evening. If it stays nice we hope to get the rest of the Christmas lights down from outside on Sun.

Bye for now, take care everyoneBigGrin

1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 1/26/2013(UTC)
DebbieScraps Offline
#711 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 3:37:41 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
JeaneLee congrats on your almost Marine, you must be so proud!
Sonya, sorry to hear re the accident, so frustrating!
Angie, can't believe that Layla is at an age where she will be walking soon! Time flies
Shelly, sorry to hear about the fall, hope you are not too bruised and sore
Sandra, I could not open you hockey teddy pic, probably just as well am sure it was super cute and would make me want the cartridge even more LOL
Nancy, glad to hear you got some organising done.
Hi to everyone else BigGrin

It is Australia day today, I was suppose to go with a friend to see the fireworks in the city and she cancelled at the last minute and I did not feel like going on my own. It will be the first year that I have missed them.
 1 user thanked DebbieScraps for this useful post.
Larmabee Offline
#712 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:18:28 AM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Hello everyone!
I've been away at focus meeting since early in the week. It is great to be home. But DH is now on hos way to Winnipeg for 12 days for yearly manager meetings. At least we got to see each other over night!
Last time I was here I mentioned that a friend of a friend was willing to help me sell my post it note holders. This week a cousin of DH asked if I could make 170 wedding invitations for them! YIKES. The wedding is in 8 months and they haven't chosen a theme, colours or even a style yet! I want to start right now while I'm in the mood!
Today is our community's annual Snowmobile Poker Rally. We have people come from all over Canada to ride the trail and for a chance to win $20 000 - top prize. Here are some pictures from a past rally pictures of poker rally. It is a huge fundraiser for the community. Because of this event there are skidoos buzzing all over the place!
Debbie Too bad you will miss the fireworks. I am lucky enough in our community to see the fire works from my dining room window when they have them.
Sandra I find rink days tiring too. I think it is the colder air.
Nancy Hope you get to do some actual crafting, not just organizing!
Angie Yay! heat! Man, Layla will be toddling around in no time!Time sure flies!
Jeanne He's graduating already! Another example of time slipping by. Wow - the final test sounds like a nightmare. I guess they really need to be prepared for that sort of thing .
Shelly Ouch! Those unprepared falls are so terrible. Those poor muscles!
Sharon Enjoy the honeymoon period with your little guy! Maybe, though, you are a good match for him and things will be reasonably smooth.
Well I'm off to do some cleaning - amazing how the house can fall apart after me being away for 4 days!
Take care
Laura
 1 user thanked Larmabee for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#713 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:54:55 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Got up early this morning and we only got about 1 inch of snow. So happy went to Chirop. for adjustment I told the doctor since I have been going to him my Bowling average has gone from
128 to 137.

I said doc I owe it all to you. LOL

Came home and have been cleaning. Once the wash is all done i am going to Craft in my spanking clean craft room

Angie... your little one should be walking soon, hope it warms up in your craft room

JeanneLee... enjoy your trip and the graduation. Hope it get warmer in your neck of the woods

Laura.. that looks like so much fun and a nice prize...Enjoy the poker Rally. Have fun making the invites..

Debbie... Happy Australian DayBigGrin Sorry you missed out going to see the fireworks

Shelly.. I hope you don't hurt too much but the more you move around the better you will feel.

Sharon.. hope things work out with your new student

Sandra.. glad you enjoyed dinner out with the girls..

Have a great day/night everyone

1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
NJsharon Offline
#714 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:23:32 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Hello all!

Well things are still going well with my new student. Yes I do still miss my little kindergarten kiddos. But I am putting my full heart into this new situation.

I can't remember if I posted this on thursday after school, don't think I did. But he had a meltdown in the afternoon. He threw himself on the floor crying, kicking at everything around him including his desk (so everything in his desk went flying). Ripped up 2 of his own bookmarks (that he had previously told me his Nana gave him). So what I did was sit on his chair & wrestled him onto my lap. Just held him tight telling him it was going to be okay, he needed to calm down & I was here to help him. I did manage to calm him down! Then he was sitting there on my lap, looking down at his ripped bookmarks sadly. So I saw that & commented would he like me to try to fix them for him as I know he didn't really mean to do that. He said "yes, that was my fault". Aaaaw. I felt so bad for him, trapped in his body in this crazy world.

So told him I would fix them for him, if he could try to manage a short test for me (that the teacher was giving out). He managed to pull himself together, take the test, so taped the bookmark together for him. Then the rest of the day (about 1 1/2 hrs left in the day) he turned himself around & was super good!

Teacher told me the next day that he has never come back from having a meltdown like that, so was proud of myself! I think he knew I was on his side & cared about him. I really was talking to him very nice, stroking his hair, calming him down.

Friday he was fine & worked well all day, no problems!

I am going to ask the teacher if it is okay if I do a sticker chart for him this week. That if he is good for a day he gets a star sticker on his chart. If he gets all 5 stars for this week he gets a small prize from me at the end of the week. He loves monster trucks, so found a monster truck coloring book for him! How cool is that?!

If I tell him what the prize is on monday (after I okay it with the teacher), I think that he will work really well for that. He seems to like working for a reward.

I will tell him also I am not going to do this every week, but just want to see if he can work hard for me & behave well.

I do get really into my job, with whomever I am working with! Still loving my job, even though I miss my other position!

Anyone know if the $99 expression bundle is still in stock? I posted it on facebook & thought it was, but someone said it was sold out already??
SandraB. Offline
#715 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:06:51 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Made it back from the city. On the way in we noticed that our new Michael's is now hiring. I'm debating on applying...will have to think about it some more. The weather has turned lovely here...though Tues. & Wed. are back in the deep freeze.

Laura: congrats on the invites order. Hope they make up their minds soon as to color, etc.

Sharon: sounds like you are a perfect match for this little guy. Way to go!

Nancy: glad your chiro appt went well and your bowling is coming up again.

Debbie: sorry you couldn't open my pic, not sure why. Sorry you missed out on the fireworks. Happy Australia Day.

DH & ds got the outside lights down this afternoonBigGrin. My friend & I stopped at M's this a.m. and they had these grab bags for $2.00 so we each got one. They both had at least 25 sheets of Bazzil cardstock, some of the cardstock is cut-out and a few printed papers. We thought for $2.00 we couldn't lose too much. Off to hockey this evening.

Bye for nowBigGrin
joyfullycrafting Offline
#716 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:47:11 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1392 time(s) in 1102 post(s)
Hi. I am reading on my phone and not through all the posts but tDH is letting me use his tablet for a few minutes.

It is warm!!! The below freezing temps at home lasted almost three weeks. Glad I was not home. :)

We are having a nice time with our friends. We eat, go to shows, and eat more. No excursions, just wandering around the towns we stop in.

I am trying not to take as many pics this time. I can use last years. Our friends are ready to book another cruise. And of course we said OK.

Talk to you all next week.
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#717 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 4:19:26 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Hi all...

I am Dori. I live in southern Oregon. It is cold in the winter and HOT in the summer but We love it here.... I am married to a wonderful Man (Mark). Have a 20 year old daughter in college still living with us. and 3 very special dogs. The first one that came into our lives is Gadget(chichuahua in my avatar) he was born 3 weeks before Christmas and Mark gave him to me for Christmas and 3 days after Christmas I get this phone call "You can come get your dog I am done I want them out of here" the First thing I did was call the vet and get the ok... Then I went over and got my pup and never looked back again.... That was 8 years ago and he is still way too spoiled.

The second is our little Princess pearl (Chichuahua) she is my almost perfect dog. the only 2 things that makes her not perfect is that she barks and she is spoiled..... other than that she is perfect. well as perfect as she can be for not being perfect. 6 came to me by mistake when I went to the vet to get a perscribtion filled for Gadget. This lady had a basket of pups she was giving away.... Perfect timing I would say... I took her home and never looked back....

And Last but not least Skippy (yorkie).. he is the youngest at 4 but e came to us by the way of my mom. She fell in love with him and took him home at 6 weeks and had 6 wonderful months with him before she past away. I brought him home... He is the best dog in the world even though he has some mental issues.

I love to scrapbook. I have been doing it for 10 years. I started out with very little and in the past 10 years I have collected way too much stuff. Over the years I have gone through and given away bunch of stuff to friends 2 times now. They were just getting started scrapping and didn't have anything to call their own supplies. I still have too much... I could give away a lot more stuff... So the next person who wants to start scrapping I can help them too...

My daughter (Amanda) loves to scrap... Not as much as me but there are times she really gets into it and she is getting pretty good. She has been scrapping with me since the beginning. It is really fun when we give each other challenges. She likes to give me crazy challenges like using pom poms that are not left as pom poms on the layout. and pipe cleaners.

I have had my cricut since November 2012 and I have already worn out 3 cutting mats. I have used it daily since the first part of December and I don't see any end to using it daily any time soon.

Happy creating
Dori

NJsharon Offline
#718 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 6:19:48 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Welcome Dori!

I have no doggies, more of a cat person myself, but no indoor cats either as husband has severe allergies. :( But we do have 3 outside feral cats that we feed, that are semi-freindly & we love them so much!

I have twin girls, fraternal, that are 7 1/2 years old & they keep me very busy!

PedalPower Offline
#719 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 7:20:47 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1566 time(s) in 932 post(s)
Hi girls...

Basketball tournament for us this weekend. DS's team won yesterday, so they plan in the championship game today against the only team they lost to in regular season. They played great yesterday, so fingers crossed. DS scored 7 pts yesterday, his all time high!

I delivered my cards to the university yesterday. Hopefully they go as well as the last batch I delivered.

Otherwise, just surviving the chilly temps.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#720 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:07:55 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: SandraB. Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone;
Made it back from the city. On the way in we noticed that our new Michael's is now hiring. I'm debating on applying...will have to think about it some more. The weather has turned lovely here...though Tues. & Wed. are back in the deep freeze.

Laura: congrats on the invites order. Hope they make up their minds soon as to color, etc.

Sharon: sounds like you are a perfect match for this little guy. Way to go!

Nancy: glad your chiro appt went well and your bowling is coming up again.

Debbie: sorry you couldn't open my pic, not sure why. Sorry you missed out on the fireworks. Happy Australia Day.

DH & ds got the outside lights down this afternoonBigGrin. My friend & I stopped at M's this a.m. and they had these grab bags for $2.00 so we each got one. They both had at least 25 sheets of Bazzil cardstock, some of the cardstock is cut-out and a few printed papers. We thought for $2.00 we couldn't lose too much. Off to hockey this evening.

Bye for nowBigGrin

Wow!!! nice deal for $2.00. Hope you enjoyed the Hockey game