Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<1920212223>»
lv2scrap02 Offline
#601 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 8:56:26 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 952 post(s)
It always feels so good to clean our Craft rooms or space.. sometimes I find items I forgot I had and promise to use them and once again never do....

We took our tree down the other day Abigail looking all around where did everything go!!!

Sat. I spent the day with my girls. Patty had a lot of returning to do. Seems her Father in law shopped for Abigail he bought all small sizes. He doesn't have a computer lives in a rural community mountains of Virginia so we couldn't figure out how he bought all these clothes...

Are you ready... he calls the Department Stores Macy's, Kohl's and Target and askes them to put together some outfits for his grand daughter and then had everything from each store shipped to Patty...

All the clothes were 6 months some said had saying on it "Favorite Aunt" Abigial has no Aunts!!!

so off to all the stores returning clothes (No Gift receipts) so I am sure she lost alot of money because everything is on sale now at 50 to 60% off...we couldn't even exchange because they were out of season clothes... There was not one outfit tthat we could have exchanged for a bigger size. I think it was 16 outfits in all...

Was I pooped going from store to store plus I had a 8am appt. to the Chiropractor then went to WW to weigh in.

Nice surprise 2 weeks I didn't go to weigh in over the Holidays and only gained less then 1/2 pound... they said i should be proud of myself. I am

Trying to get 10 more pounds off over the years I put on 20 pounds but I am tall 5 foot 8 1/2 inches so I don't look over weight but for my grand daughter i do want to get in shape and the more I lose less pressure on my knees.

I have a Orthopedic appt. in 2 weeks to see if there is something wrong with the knee possibly
a shot will help. The Chiropractor said i can do 1 or 3 things keep going to him every week, have a MRI done and get shots to relieve the pain in the knee.

Truthfully it is after bowling I have this pain. DD said so give up bowling!!!

I enjoy it too much...

Sandra... nice you finished Troy's album must feel good to have gotten that done. Glad you enjoyed the crop.

Shelly... it always feels good to clean our Craft area... I seem to come across things I had to have and never used and promise i am going to use it and never do LOL

Angie.. glad I always love Christmas and decorating but then can't wait to clean it all up and get things back in order...

I love using my scraps to make Paper Doll outfits

Sonya... ahhh must be nice to have the time to make cards and scrapbook LOL

Joy.. how are you doing with packing??
Laura... nice to be home...

Debbie... how is the weather in your parts??? light dusting of snow here

Well I put on a big pot of home made chicken soup early this morning...

Well have a nice day/night everyone

Larmabee Offline
#602 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 11:00:10 AM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Hello Everyone!
Beautiful weather here this week, dipping just below freezing! Yesterday we had heavy fog on and off all day. It was so thick we couldn't see the lights on the building across the street.
We took down the tree and all the trappings yesterday - the house looks so empty and spacious!
We are still looking for Christmas packages in the mail. Angry They would all be for DH too. I had to run out last minute to get him something so he had a gift to open. I tried so hard this year to surprize him.
Nancy What a shame about all Abby's gift clothes from her "aunt". His heart was in the right place.
Sandra Great job finishing up an album! I would love to go to a non-buying scrap. Also kudos for not gaining much! I am afraid to get on the scale, I did a measure though. Was not happy with what I saw, no wonder my pants are feeling snug.Flapper
Shelly OOOO I love the workboxes! Drool I want one for the new house. They are so beautiful!
Pedal I am expecting larger than normal classes for boxing this week too! I don't mind because it motivates me to see so many participants in my classes. I work harder along side them.
Angie You still aren't done the lego?!OhMyGod I'm afraid to ask how much there is! Funny how we can live somewhere and never see the sights. Enjoy your touristing! We live less than an hour to the largest water falls in SK and DD and DH have never been.
Last day of holidays, so I better get all my chores done!
Take care
Laura
NJsharon Offline
#603 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 11:46:15 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Well I have been in the cleaning mode today too! Not entirely into it, but DH said my desk was a disaster zone (and he was right!) so it needed to be cleaned!

I have a cropping weekend, next weekend, so looking forward to that. It is in the Poconos, lovely area. Will go there straight from school/work & then stay until Sunday late morning, then head home. Hoping to get started on a small album on my weight loss journey & also scrapbook some Christmas & snow photos!

Just ordered an 8x8 scrapbook & refill pages for the weight loss journey scrapbook. Think that will be a good size for that.

Really looking forward to my little getaway next weekend!

SandraB. Offline
#604 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 7:43:04 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 204 post(s)
Hi everyone;
Well, Troy has been delivered back to his house. He had his bowling play down this afternoon...now we wait to see if he made the team to go to Provincials. Put an order in this afternoon to order some Star Wars paper and I vow that this will be the last order I make for a loonngg time! New Years resolutionBigGrin!

Laura: thanks for the kind comments on my weight loss but it wasn't me it was NancyBigGrin! I'm scared to get on the scalesLOL! Have a good day back at school/work.

Sharon: what a great idea for a scrapbook, good luck with it

Nancy: too bad about Abby's outfits...at least she was able to get something back for them. Congrats on getting back in shape for Abby. It does feel good to get his album done, but there are many more other pics to doLOL!

It's back to work for me tomorrow too. Troy has an appt. with his respiratory therapist after to make sure his machine is doing what it's supposed to.

Take care everyone, bye for now.BigGrin
Shelly Offline
#605 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 11:45:40 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Hi everyone. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Laura - I love my workbox. I got it used, less than 1/2 price and it is just like new. I holds SO MUCH and takes up so little space. This summer, I found a mini workbox, super cheap also. It has a large top on it which is kinda beat up, but otherwise is great. I filled it with all my other craft items and it is hardly full. May use the empty drawers for my extra paper. They are both in the same room.

Nancy and Sharon - congrats on the weightloss. I am upset with myself. I gained over the holidays. For some reason, I just couldn't leave the goodies alone. So going to get back to eating right. I have lost 70 pounds over the last couple of years, so I need to get back to eating right. I feel so much better when I do.

Sandra - congratulations on finishing Troys album! That feels so good to finish projects. I bet he loves it.

I am going to try and make a pregnancy journal for my daughter. I made one for her sister with her first child, and she wants one now. I guess I shouldn't show my creations to the others unless I really want to do it again. Will probably take me a while.

My husband is finally back to work so now it feels like the holidays are really over. Time to get back into my rountine, yuck!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#606 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 12:08:38 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1392 time(s) in 1102 post(s)
Hi all. I have been reading posts all along, but I can't log in on my phone or with my Nook when it is on tablet, so I haven't posted. I MIGHT be able to log in on the Nook part of my Nook, it seems like I could a long time ago, but I didn't try. Now, I am on DD's computer.

We had a good trip to CA. No snow on the roads. But it was COLD. It was 3 degrees (F) when we left, and got down to -12 as we were driving. I had ice on my window for probably the first 5 hours of the trip. I was bundled up in the back seat.

But the weather today at Jill's is beautiful. It is supposed to be close to 70 tomorrow. That is the warmest day for a while, but 60's is better than single digits!

DH is working on getting tickets to a taping of Jay Leno for NEXT Friday, the 18th. That should be fun. Jill does not have to work that day, and the friends that we are going on the cruise with will be here. They were excited at the possibility.

Jill got sick last Friday on the way home, and by Saturday morning, DH and I were both sick. I am better today. He is better, but he had no strength from being down from surgery, and now he has even less. Poor guy. I think we both need a vacation!

I am sorry I am not commenting on your posts. It has just been a bit since I read anything.

As to weight loss, I could stand to loose a few pounds. DH needs to gain about 15 pounds. He is way down. He is NEVER overweight. He is one of those that says, Oh, I need to loose 5 pounds, and he does. It's not fair!
Larmabee Offline
#607 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 3:30:35 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

It is so good to be back to the schedule of work! I didn't realize how much I missed it!
I got a beautiful pair of handpainted leather boots for Christmas. I wore them to work/school today and one of my coworkers (a 72 year old science teacher)told me, maybe they were too frisky for school wear! Not sure if I'm flattered or embarrassed!
Joy My DH is the same way. He is the heaviest he has ever been right now and he is so proud of himself. He is driving us all crazy though. He eats M&M peanuts nonstop - He goes through the 1.58 kg bags about 1 a week. They are so crunchy I can hear him munching them across the room. Both DD and I are trying to watch our weight, so between the crunching and knowing what he is eating, I could strangle him some days!
Shelly Where did you happen to find both workbox sizes second hand? Lucky you!
Sandra oops Blushing I get so confused with everyone on here!
Sharon I got the giggles reading about you hoping the 8x8 album would be a good size for your weight loss journey. The irony of it! Silly I know - little things that brighten my day!
Take care everyone!
PS here's a picture of my "frisky" boots
Larmabee attached the following image(s):
boots.jpg
lv2scrap02 Offline
#608 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 5:15:07 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Laura... very cool boots...

too funny but I would expect a 72 yr. old women to say that..

I had a hard time signing in today the MB sign in was all messed upHuh

Joy I would think CA would be a lot warmer... hope you all feel better soon and enjoy Jay Leno

Shelly.. thanks losing the weigh isn't the problem it is keeping it off.

Since the Hurricane I have learned to eat smaller portions no junk food eat healthier foods.

So I have lost 10 pounds in 2 months, coming off slow but that is fine with me. It is keeping it off it is so easy to fall back into my old eating habits taking a second helping now I am learning to quit when I feel satisfied not full.

Sandra.. what is Troy average??

Well i can going to end for now we had some bad news today and I have some phone calls to make

Have a good night/day
joyfullycrafting Offline
#609 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 6:40:58 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Laura, LOVE the boots! Wear them and enjoy them!!!

Nancy, hope all will be OK with whatever is happening in your life.
SandraB. Offline
#610 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 7:48:17 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Well, first day back at school doneBigGrin, now how many days until Spring BreakLOL!
Troy made the bowling team to go to Provincials...he was so excited when I called him with the news.

Laura: no worries about mixing me up (I wished it was me that lost the weightLOL) I think your boots look great

Nancy: his average is 75, it dropped over the past year since he hurt his knee last Dec., but he is doing much better now. His therapist says his knee is getting stronger every time she sees him. Hope things are ok with you otherwise

Joy: hope you and your family are all feeling better. Hope you are able to get the tickets you're after.

Shelly: glad you got your craft area all fixed up. Your pregnancy album sounds great, I'm sure your dd will love it. I agree, keeping the weight off is the hardest. I lost about 15 lbs. before lst dd's wedding 4 years ago and stil have to watch or it slowly creeps back.

Better run, bye for now.BigGrin
NJsharon Offline
#611 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:59:06 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Laura the boots are beautiful, wear them proudly! Too funny about the older teacher though. LOL

Sandra, well done to Troy! That is great, I bet he was excited!

Joy, I would have been horrible in the car with it being that cold! I do not do well in the cold, I complain a lot! I also freak out when I go out & there is just a bit of ice on my windshield in the morning, so driving with ice I would not be good! LOL Glad it has warmed up now!!!

I went to the gym yesterday & did some biceps/triceps work on machines. Then took a BodyPump class at the gym too. That almost killed me, literally! I got a little light-headed at one point, so had to stop, put my head down to get back to it. My muscles were also aching after, as it worked all your major muscles in that class! Instructor was so nice to me though. She asked me my name in the beginning of the class & was helping me out throughout the class! I would go back if she were teaching the class.

Yesterday I was in with the autistic/down syndrome children, as my student was out. It was fine, gotten used to it & enjoy the kids now. But the librarian came in & one of the autistic students pounded her hard on the back & pulled her hair. She was really startled I think & in shock. She screamed so loud & then was shaking so badly. So she left to go to the nurse & we never saw her for the rest of the day. :(

I felt bad for her, but felt bad for the student too. He was probably startled himself when she screamed so loud at him! He is the sweetest one in there too, a really love-bug, so it was very out of sorts for him to do that. But you just have to be aware of your surroundings with them in that class & be prepared for anything!

I am looking forward to my weekend in the Poconos this friday night through to sunday! I was going to leave right from school/work. But saw I have new CTMH product arriving friday at my house, so may have to come home first to get some new products to play with! LOL

DebbieScraps Offline
#612 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 7:05:58 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Sorry, I did read everything then got an unexpected visitor and now I can't remember anything that I was going to comment on Blushing

The weather here has been dreadful, we expect it to be hot but the temperatures have been soaring with no respite which in itself is unusual, we normally have a few very hot days and then the temps drop a bit again (although remains hot of course)and it has been like this since before Christmas. On top of that we have had really bad humidity which is also unusual to have at this extreme, it was 96% on MondayAngry 2012 was officially the hottest and driest year ever! I have stuff that I want to do and just don't have the energy to do it with this heat!

The wedding preparations are coming along, we found bridesmaids dresses which both girls were happy with in a lovely deep red shade so that is another box ticked BigGrin I have a better idea now of what DD wants for her wedding invitations and the table decorations/gifts have been decided and now just have to be made. I have my work cut out for me for the next couple of months.
Shelly Offline
#613 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 11:46:19 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Laura - I got my workboxes on a local online classified ads. I just saw one today for another one. Love your boots!

Debbie - You sure do have your work cut out for you! It is hard and frustrating getting all the details of how they want their weddings to be, at least it was for me, but it is so worth it in the end. You will look back on it all and be so pleased with yourself and your daughters will LOVE it!

Sandra - Congrats to Troy!!! How great for him!!

Joy - ope you got your tickets! Sounds like fun! Not fun being in a car for a long time and cold. We have an inversion here, and so it is cold and yucky air. The car finally warms up about when you get where you are going. No one goes out unless they have to. Where are you going on your cruise? You probably said, but I don't remember. I LOVE cruises.

Have a great day everyone!
JeanneLee Offline
#614 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 1:49:38 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Hi girls,
Happy New Year!

We just got home from Ohio on Sunday evening. We stayed for two weeks...
boy does the time seem to fly by.

Had a wonderful Christmas, all the kids made it except our Marine Recruit.
We even picked my mom up at the nursing home to come for the day. We had two snows..
one before Christmas and one after Christmas. After our oldest DS and DD and her hubby left the house was quiet. It was just my in-laws, DH, our youngest Ds and I. I visited my mom as much as I could. She was doing well till New Years eve night...she had a BAD cold w/cough. I woke up the next day with a fever and spent all day in bed. Apparently so did my mom. The next day I was better, but they did a chest xray on mom and started her on a Z-pak antibiotic. So, I didn't go back to see her till Friday. She was up and about in her wheelchair. She sounded and looked better, but was still a bit weak.

DH developed pink eye on Friday, so we had to get a call-in perscription for drops. Poor guy, he got up to go to work this am and had a fever, so he stayed home today. It hit him hard he is never sick. He has slept a lot today.

I hope to get back to using my Cricut soon! Did I miss any news on the Cricut MB since I have been gone?
lv2scrap02 Offline
#615 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 4:10:55 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Jeanne... Happy new Year to you too.. sorry you were all sick seems to be going around..

Most of us make our own cards and usually rushing around the Holidays to finish them..

My SU gal has a card class twice a month one for christmas Cards and one for All Occassion by the end of the year all the Christmas cards are done

So I put a challange out there to anyone that would like to participate and make 5 Christmas Cards by
Feb. 28th (since Joy will be back in Feb)

Has to be Cricut cuts you could use embellishments embossing folders but mainly Cricut.

I think once you all get started in making the 5 cards then maybe continue thru the year
kind of challange yourselves.

Debbie... you have a lot on your hands making the invitations... the color of the brides mainds gowns sound so pretty

Joy.. you did have heat in the car going there I hope!!!!!!!

Shelly.. I saw those workboxes they are great...

Sharon... this weekends Crop sounds like a fun time for you

Sandra.. Congrats to Troy on making the team... he must be so excited

Laura.. I keep checking out your boots they are cool looking.. I have seen some awesome
painted pocket books

Angie.. how do you craft with Layla?? Abigail is down to 2 naps a day sometimes only 1 hour
That is when I am running around doing my housework LOL

I think Ms. Abigail is going to keep me on my toes LOL
\\
 1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 1/12/2013(UTC)
Larmabee Offline
#616 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 7:29:05 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Good Evening All!
First boxing class of the year under my belt! I was glad to see 2 new faces and 1 returning student. Not a big class, but bigger than usual. This way I can help everyone at their own level.
DH's Christmas present finally arrived today. He was surprized.
Jeanne Welcome home! What a go with illness you all had. Glad to hear you are all in the mend.
Shelly I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for my own previously loved workbox.
Debbie I usually only comment on the last 10 posts, because I can cheat and look back at them. If it is anything before that normally they are forgotten. Blushing I don't think I could handle the heat where you live. I would crawl into a hole and hide. I much prefer the snow and cold!
Sharon The body pump class sounds great. I would love to attend someone else's fitness classes. I'm tired of being the slavedriver! Actually I feel I have to work harder to set a good example.Laugh
Nancy The funny part is the the teacher is a man. Today the staff was calling him Mr. Frisky. I think that's why I didn't know how to take it. I am enjoying them very much! If you have facebook - here is a link to the company they came from facebook link to Cree Nisga's clothing
Night
Laura
 1 user thanked Larmabee for this useful post.
SandraB. Offline
#617 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 8:53:00 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Evening everyone;
Home from another evening of bowlingBigGrin! Troy was super excited when he got the news...there were high 5's going all around his houseLOL

Laura: that's what I do is read back the last ten posts. Glad your boxing class went well and you got a few new faces.

Sharon: glad your excercise class went well tonite also. I remember the days when I worked in classes like you were in today...you're right, you always have to be on your toes. I hope the librarian is ok and the student as well.

Jeanne: glad you had a nice holiday. Hope everybody is on the mend

Debbie: sounds like the wedding plans are falling into place nicely. The girls' dresses sound lovely. I've heard about your heat spell on the news. Are you near all the forest fires that are burning?

Nancy: too funny about Abigail...you'll just have to get her craftingLOL

Shelly: glad you were able to find your workboxes at a good price

Bye for now, take care everyoneBigGrin

1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#618 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 9:25:27 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi all.

I am back to myself, but DH is still having a tough time. Weak. But he keeps forgettng that he is still recovering from surgery too, and overdoes it.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day here. We both went for a long walk with Jeffie and soaked up the sun.

Shelly, you are probably somewhat under the same inversion that we are having at home! Compared to Angie and Debbie, we are almost neighbors. :)

Welcome back JeanneLee! So glad you got some nice visiting in with your mom.

Laura, kind of funny the the comments on your boots came from a man. Hmmmm.

Sandra, it is so nice that Troy has found a sport that he enjoys. I think he would wipe me out at bowling, though! I need bumper lanes when I bowl. I am a really bad bowler. When younget was about three, she dropped a bowling ball on her toe.

Sharon, it is too bad that the librarian did not handle the austic child well. Hard for the child.

Nancy, I am really going to try and get five cards done by the end of February!

Debbie, I think you are further along on wedding plans than Kate, and hers is in March! At least she knows she wants black bridesmaids dresses, and red shoes. She asked Jill to be her maid of honor. Jill was thrilled.

I think tomorrow will be nice, then it is supposed to cool down.

Our Leno tickets did go through. Now, we have to make sure that we make it to the ticket office early enough to pick them up, then figure out how early we want to get there to stand in line to get a good seat. We have been to two other tapings. It is fun, but it is really hard to hear when he is interviewing people. One of the guests one time was Janet Jackson.

I started a baby sweater for Megan's BFF. Her baby is due in May. She will be in Kate's wedding, then in Megan's wedding.

And, I am reading a series of books that Jill has by Debbie Macomber. I got through the first seven in previous visits. I am on number eight now.There are like 12 or 13 of them.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
Shelly Offline
#619 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 1:47:12 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Joy - I love Debbie Macomber books! Have read most of them. I have some, and get most from the library. Our inversion has broken up today, but that means a snow storm tomorrow. But at least I can see the sky and dare go outside and breathe!

Nancy - You think you can't get crafting done with Abigail now, just wait till she's walking! Tended my GS today while his mom went to the doctor and he knows everything to get in to when he thinks I'm not giving him enough attention. But love him to death!

Jeanne - Sorry your trip included sickness. Seems to be a bad year for stuff going around! Hope you are on the mend now.

Sharon - Hope your student and the librarian aren't too traumatized by the event. Hopefully the librarian will be more aware next time she comes into the room. Wish I had your ambition going to the gym. I need to loose these pounds from Christmas! Don't have a gym membership but there are plenty of other things.
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#620 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 2:28:45 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I just realized what I novel I typed. Sorry about that.

Shelly, I think it is snowing at home today. Probably the same storm you will get tomorrow.

I think Jill's dog helps like everyone else's grandchildren!
PedalPower Offline
#621 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:50:50 PM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1566 time(s) in 932 post(s)
I couldn't log in for a couple of days...so frustrating! How is everyone?

Our snow is melting. I got inspired and ran my car thru the carwash yesterday. It rained this morning.... I also bought a winter coat yesterday--yes, it was almost 60 degrees today. That's the story of my life this year! Didn't buy DS winter boots--got a foot of snow. Gads!

I have been running a lot of errands lately. I have a few returns to make tomorrow while I'm out and about, but nothing too major. I bought some clearanced baskets at HL, but they don't fit the space I thought they would. I hope they take them back. If not, I supposed I'll keep them around for a gift or something??? I would rather have my money back, though!

I did get a new winter coat. I got a purple wool sort of pea-coat. It's not as formal as a pea coat, but similar in style. And I got a new purse. It's very cheap, which is good, because I'm not sure I like it as far as functionality goes, but I really needed a new purse. If it lasts me a year I'll be OK with tossing it then. LOL I paid a whole $20 for it. LOL.

I had a painter come and give me a quote to paint three bathrooms. I need to decide colors then get that set up. I am also going to get a new chair and recarpet this late winter season, so I have loads of projects in the works.

Workouts are going well despite having a crowded gym. So far none of the newbies are daring enough to do indoor cycling. Happy about that, I hate it when I don't get my "preferred" bike. And no...they are not all the same despite looking alike. Seat angle is a big thing, as is the tension on the dial to make it more difficult/easier. I like bike 6, DH likes bike 7. I try to get there early to set those up for us. It's the little things in life, right??? Trying to eat a little better this year. Starting to see a few results, hope to drop about 10 pounds. It likes to stick around, but I'd like it to take a flying leap!

DS is outside dribbling a ball!!! Our snow is finally melting enough that he has a dry patch of driveway. He's a happy kid!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#622 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:52:24 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Laura.. Wow I love some of the items you posted beautiful work gloves, boots. Too funny about the male teacher.. Those boots are artBigGrin

Most of my house is decorated in SouthWest flair...My kitchen and living room and bathroom is all decorated inb Southwest decor. I also try and give to the Native American children in donations.

Enjoy your new boots...

Joy... maybe we will see you on the Jay Leno show lets us know when it will be airing

Shelly... she keeps me on my toes now I can't even imagine when she starts walking.

Yesterday her daddy picked her up early and I was going to craft I hit that couch and never got off until dinner time LOL

had a really good day in bowling we won all 3 games and moved in first place.

One guy on the league bowled 245, 258 and 297... wow what a series of games. Glad i wasn't bowling his team

Well off to a wake

Have a good evening/day everyone
lv2scrap02 Offline
#623 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:55:57 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Oh I went to Kohl's today needed a couple of sweaters big sale going on Guess what I bought !!

Clothes for Abigail... LOL

They had fleece jackets on sale for $2.80 rang up as $2.10 holy cow they are so cute I only found 2 one purple and one pink.. then bought her leggings, pants, and lots of tops. She needs now 9 month old clothes she is in 6 months now and quickly growing

So I came out with nothing for myself! oh well too much fun shopping for Ms. AbigailBigGrin
SandraB. Offline
#624 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 9:49:37 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hello everyone;
Jusr got home from a hockey game...a real enjoyable game tonite. This afternoon we took our Outdoor Ed class to the curling rink. It was quite comical watching them as most of them have never curled. There were legs and arms flying everywhereLOL! It has started to drizzle here now, will probably be snow by morning.

Sonja: glad you haven't been ran out of the gym by newcomers.

Nancy: sounds like you have so much fun shopping for Miss Aby

Joy: glad you and dh are starting to feel better and that you got your tickets. Happy knitting! I just finished a couple of those ruffley type scarves. Turned out pretty nice.

Shelly: I've seen books by Debbie Macomber, haven't tried any yet.

Take care everyone
joyfullycrafting Offline
#625 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:26:24 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good Morning.

I guess home got lots of snow yesterday and last night. It is much cooler here today.

Angie, DH saw on the news snow in Jordan. He said, "don't you have a friend in Jordan." I was so impressed that he remembered!! Is your water thawed yet?

Sandra, curling is such an interesting sport! And I enjoy Debbie Macomber books. Most of them are pretty good, ones I encourge my girls to read. I don't encourage them to read everything.

Nancy, I was laughing when I read about your shopping excursion. LOL

DH and I will be hanging blinds today. DH was washing the windows and found two little cuts in one of the windows. We are positive they are from the manufacturer. We are the only ones that use that room, and they are too neat and straight to be anything but a knife or blade of some kind. Hopefully, they will replace the glass.

Have any of you seen chalkboard paper? I saw some at Jill's J's a couple of days ago. I hope to go back tonight and get a pack if they still have any.
Shelly Offline
#626 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:11:26 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Nancy - You sound like me when shopping. I can't believe how much stuff jumps in my cart for my GS. I try not to give it to my daughter when my husband is around. He just looks at me and shakes his head. He is worried what it is going to be like now that we have two more on the way.

Joy - The storm must be on its way here. The wind blew hard all night long. Kept me awake. Now we have winter storm watches flashed on the TV. Guess its going to be a big one for us. Hope you get your windows replaced.

Angie - Hope your weather gets better.

Well I need to go accomplish something today. Not sure what, I need some motivation or something.

Have a good day everyone.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#627 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:47:21 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

So much for blinds. DH got side-tracked. There is NASCAR testing on SPEED, and he is watching it. We don't have cable, so this is a novelty for him. But it is fine with me. I can sit and knit this way! BigGrin Body of my baby sweater done, and I am working on sleeves, then the hood. That is all I can do unless I buy yarn needles to sew it together, I forgot to bring some.
AlyaMama Offline
#628 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:50:54 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hi all- well not doing so good at keeping up with you all. Sorry.

Still keeping busy. Which is really nice.

It snowed here 2 days ago, so it's super cold! It snows every year here, but unfortunatly Amman is never prepared, so basically the city shuts down. Our driveway to the underground garage is snowed in, so we aren't going anywhere. The kids had lots of fun playing in it so it's all good. The snow is nothing like what you all get but fun anyway.

I'm planning a Valentines Day party with my freinds so I'm making the decorations for that. Any ideas? The schools don't do the typical Valentines Day parties here, so we're going to do it. It's for all of our kids. So everbody needs to bring a Valentine for each kid and we'll make a little box for them to put them into at the party. In my head it all looks so cute and fun. Probably won't end up that way ha ha.

My studio is SOOOOO cold, I can see my breath. I think I'll have to move some of my stuff downstairs until it warms up. Jamal won't like that, but oh well, it's jsut until it warms up.

Hope everyone stays warm and cozy if you have the bad winter weather. If not (Debbie) stay cool in your hot weather.

Guess that's it for now, I'll try to get back sooner.

Angie
AlyaMama Offline
#629 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:02:27 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Joy- our water thawed out finally. We were bringing in snow and melting it on the stove to flush the toilets. We have priorities here in our house.BigGrin

I'm impressed with your husband too. I gess our winter storm was pretty bad. I just stayed home.

Nancy- it's so much fun to shop for baby girl clothes. I love it, I wish I could find the cute stuff here that wasn't so expensive. Layla has almost outgrown all the hand me downs I've gotten from my freinds. So I guess I'll have to go shopping too. She's pretty set for summer though if I estimated her size right. I bought tons this past summer while I was in the States. Cross your fingers she hasn't outgrown them by then. I can't wait tosee her toddling around in her shorts and dresses.

Sonya glad your snow is melting and your DS is a happy camper outside. What colors are you thinking of painting. This house we are in is the first tiem I got to pick actual colors, so every room is a different color. I know exactly what you mean by have preferences for certain things. I hope newbies thin out a bit for the gym, I'm sure they will.

DebbieScraps Offline
#630 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 8:00:32 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Hi everyone, our weather is back to normal summer weather, it is much more enjoyable now! It is one of the worst heatwaves that we have had. We have been very fortunate so far this summer and have not had any really bad bush fires, I just hope our luck continues. Over East and Tasmania have not been as lucky Crying There is a cyclone developing to the north of us, it could well mean that we are in for more bad weather in the next week or so. I think if I lived somewhere where it got really cold and snowed I would probably hibernate all winter BigGrin I do prefer the cooler weather but not really cold!!

Joy we have been busy with wedding arrangements and DD wants all the big decisions made and booked by March so then we can just concentrate on all the little things - she considers making the invitations, order of service, menus etc one of the little things, I don't think she realises just how much work is involved! The engagement party is in three weeks time and that will be quite a bit of work too. Future SIL is back from working offshore which is great, it means we can get some things finalised, we wanted to ensure that he had some say in the arrangements but it has been difficult with him being away and trying to lock in dates etc.

I love the Debbie Macomber books, the knitting club ones are really good too. Has anyone read any books by Santa Montefiore? I just love her books and am busy with one at the moment.

DS got notification yesterday that he has been accepted into college to do the course that he really wanted to do so he is thrilled to bits about that, he will start in about three weeks time.

I have friends coming to visit who are on holiday here from South Africa so big excitement, it has been a few years since I last saw them and I can't wait to see them and catch up on all the news again.

Romulus and Jet are getting on much better now, they are slowly getting use to each other but I don't know if they will ever be good friends - maybe once Romulus grows up a bit and calms down it will be better, he is a very boisterous pup and Jet is getting on in years!