Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

bwilkins9524775dac Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:39:09 AM(UTC)
bwilkins9524775dac

Groups: Registered

I'm not having any luck with the sync program. I've uninstall the software twice. When I install again the sync box comes up on my computer but stays at 0% or 1% all night. I have not idea what to do now. I would like to link my cartridges to my computer but can't. Anyone have any suggestions
LeslieMay Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 3:31:49 PM(UTC)
LeslieMay

Hi; I'm having the same problem. I don't know what to do either
marshallsdaf4a11e Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 6:34:40 PM(UTC)
marshallsdaf4a11e

i logged in to look into a sync issue too...i just got my E2 and crcut sync says it detects the device but it's not responding...i have shut down and tried again several times

TIA for any input
lesleycangialosie0a23f85 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 8:48:38 AM(UTC)
lesleycangialosie0a23f85

Did anyone figure this out....having the same issue.
melinda82883ec06b458 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 2:03:04 PM(UTC)
melinda82883ec06b458

same issue...dont know what to do.. Angry
momoffive2012 Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 2:09:25 PM(UTC)
momoffive2012

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
same issue here too...haven't figured out what to do yet eitherMad
sabrelou6e114279 Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:25:48 PM(UTC)
sabrelou6e114279

same here. if enough people have the problem perhaps it will be fixed
tszugda254843cc Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 6:41:54 AM(UTC)
tszugda254843cc

Having a problem with the Sync updating as well.

The page to register the machine seems to be MIA - 404 error missing. Wasnt sure if this effected the use of sync or not as my machine isnt registered yet.

Sent an email to cricut support and got an out of office for the holidays message as a reply.
sabrelou6e114279 Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 5:47:34 PM(UTC)
sabrelou6e114279

After several hours of adding all kinds of exceptions to my firewall and antivirus systems, and three phone calls to the help desk, the problem seems to be with the firewall. cricut cannot get through Zone Alarm. There are 2 others the girls told me about but, sorry, I cannot remember them. After uninstalling Zonealarm, the system came right up. I was able to sync and go to my craft room. mess with your firewall, or try a new one. Also, setting the firewall to "game mode" or disabling it temporarily wont work, since they still tend to run in the background. Hope this helps someone.
Kaz Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:22:06 AM(UTC)
Kaz

United Kingdom

I had my E2 for Christmas finally got it out the box yesterday when all the family had gone back to their own homes I could finally play
I had the same problems as a lot of you couldn't inciate the craft room a phone call to cricut sorted that out it was the Norton anti virus wouldn't let it through just went in the the inclusions and excepted cricut craft room and cricut sync and away I went but it was loading for hours and when it finished it said there had been an error how disappointed was I!!!!
I re did it and the same happened again so I downloaded the machine update and the support update one by one success at last.
I had also treated myself to the wifi adaptor and that didn't recognise either just kept saying get in touch with provider till after the updates I went to the wifi icon on the machine went through to the settings reloaded them again hey presto away I went no reading the manual just on the craft room and within an hour cut my first images from a pre loaded cart and one of my own carts found it smooth and quick compared to my create
Love I LOVE IT !!!!!!!Love
hope this helps someone I'm not brilliant on a pc or a cricut but muddled through so stick with it cos the E2 is a brilliant bit of kit
and thanks to cricut support they were very helpful
reb.raymond55ca764f Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 7:14:36 AM(UTC)
reb.raymond55ca764f

There are alot of videos on youtube for your anti virus and setting it up. My issue is a little weird, I can load the Sync, it will sync for 12 hours and it looks like it is dumping ascii files - and never finishes. The tech support hours are really inconvenient. I have been waiting for a call back since last week and it still hasnt happened.

Anyone get Sync to work
largewally205c0244 Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 7:03:16 PM(UTC)
largewally205c0244

I have been having trouble with the cutting blade....the CS recommended that I "format and restore" -- that should solve my problem! (with a cutting issue? ) So, did as I was told....I have tried for over two hours, going on three now, to run this program. I have changed my browser as requested and still no luck.I am on a Mac so there is no firewall issue. The program sticks/stalls at the "send updated firmware" stage. It downloads "file 5 of 6" but NEVER performs the "sending file 1 of 2" What the heck!! This is making me totally nuts. I have been trying to get this unit to work properly now for 6 days! It truly shouldn't be this hard. The first cuts, right out of the box, were ragged and unclean. I never imagined I would be this disappointed in a PC product.
I am seriously considering packing the whole piece up and returning it to the store! My original V1 cricut has NEVER caused me this much angst!! Also, when I cut the same designs on it, they are crisp and cut all the way through!
I truly don't understand how all these shenanigans with resetting/rebooting/restoring/syncing having anything to do with the fact that the blade eats my paper every time? REALLY....my first thought was the housing assembly has an issue...not the software!!! And at this point, I'm not sure I want to bother with the thing now that the software has been bothered with so many times!! ugh....not a happy camper at the moment.
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 7:11:01 PM(UTC)
largewally205c0244

and now....as I turn off the program and shut down my E2. I tried to turn the unit back on.....frozen screen on opening, it's the Cricut Expression 2 screen. I am sorry PC, I really did try all your suggestions. Your CS people were really nice, a little snippy the last time, but still friendly enough.
I do not have days to try to make this machine do what it ought right out of the box. It is getting returned. I have LOVED my original cricut and plan to continue working with it. But all these software and upgrade issues are just not worth the hassle of trying to upgrade to another machine.
*sigh* You have no idea how disappointed I truly am.
#14 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 7:43:31 AM(UTC)
largewally205c0244

So after being totally frustrated and ready to return the thing last night, I thought, "let me call PC one more time". This morning I called and spoke with a very lovely CS rep, Stacy! She patiently listened to my tale of woe and looked at the emails I had sent previously concerning the cutting blade. She apologized for people not returning my calls and for all the hours I had spent trying to fix the machine. Truly.....she was the BEST customer service rep I have talked to in ages!! She agreed that originally it was most likely a blade housing issue, but it had just progressed to a point that the unit could not be reset or salvaged. Seems I had an unhappy machine from the very beginning!! They are sending me a new E2!! So, I apologize for my rant last night, after four hours of attempted resets, I was just done! Once again, Provo Craft has come through and stood by their product and would like to thank them for that very much!!
rsstarr7b72c163 Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 9:45:15 PM(UTC)
rsstarr7b72c163

I just got my e2. I installed CCR last night and tried to cut a simple shape. It made one cut and kept freezing. Huh (I am running Win 8 and installed CCR in Win 7 compatibility). I think I need to update my firmware ( it says 0068.0036.1000) so I downloaded and tried to install Sync. It says "connection to the bridge failed." I don't know what that means. I uninstalled my Macafee antivirus and disabled my MS security essentials and turned my firewall off so I don't know what else it could possibly be. Crying I only get to work on stuff at night because I have my 10 month old during the day, so not much time to call PC. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 4:45:59 PM(UTC)
largewally205c0244

I had the "bridge" error as well, during my trouble issues~ call PC!! They open at 9am EST and are open until 8pm. I called right at 9 and had the best service!! Good luck and I am so sorry you are having trouble too! :(
rsstarr7b72c163 Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:20:48 PM(UTC)
rsstarr7b72c163

Finally got to call PC today. The CSR was not familiar with windows 8, but sent me instructions on how to allow exception with MS Security Essentials and Windows Firewall. I couldn't find my security essentials (because it turns out it is called Windows Defender now) so I just took the instructions and got off the call. I added the exception, and it still didn't work, so I uninstalled reinstalled, made sure exceptions were still there, and still no luck. Hopefully I can call sometime tomorrow...I really want to start working on projects for my daughter's 1st birthday Crying