Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<1516171819>»
DebbieScraps Offline
#481 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 4:29:38 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Well I got through my to do list today which was great, I am a great list maker LOL. I am puppy sitting again today, DD had to work. I was outside cleaning flowers off the pool and Romulus was exploring and I told him to be careful, he was going to fall in and sure enough he did! At least he swam towards me when I called him and DS was able to pull him out when he got to the side. He is a good little swimmer. He appeared unconcerned, we all nearly had heart failure!!! He would not be able to get out if he was on his own! Even Jet was most concerned! Jet is still not too keen on him and keeps his distance most of the time but has made small attempts to play with him a bit which is encouraging.

I made fudge and have wrapped it up and decorated it to look like reindeer, it looks quite cute. Also made some white chocolate and lemon truffles for the first time, they are rather yummy. I covered some dried apricots with the left over white chocolate mmmmm
NJsharon Online
#482 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 7:38:13 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Ooh Debbie, you are making my mouth water! Maybe next year I will be more organized & make some cookies or sweets for people for Christmas?!

Off to do our big shop today for Christmas Eve & Christmas Day dinner! So grocery store here we come. They have a play place area for the kids, that you can check them in & out. So girls will probably play there as we have a lot to buy.

Hubby is still sick, pretty sure he has the flu. Going to see about him going to the Dr tomorrow if he is still sick in the morning. He has had fever, chills off & on (goes from being really hot to having chills), throwing up last week, diarrhea since then, coughing (really bad) & blowing his nose. He is a mess.

My MIL was meant to come over for Christmas Eve, stay overnight & go home Christmas Day. But she is 89 & I didn't want her getting sick. So we just spoke to her & will see her later in the week. She was fine with that too.

Still can't get in the Christmas spirit a lot & only 2 days to go. Think it seems to be too rushed this year. Maybe if I had the whole of the week before Christmas off I would have felt differently? I don't know, just can't get into it a lot this year!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#483 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:44:38 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1231 time(s) in 954 post(s)
Been cooking all morning and preparing for the next 2 days

Luncheon was very nice it was good to get together with old friends.

Someone made a quick dessert and it was so good and easy

Take 1 package of double stuff Oreo's
1 Package of Cream Cheese

Whip in blender and form into either a ball or a cookie shape and dip in dark chocolate or white chocolate

Yummy

I know I won't be able to get one

So here is WISHING [color=green]EVERYONE A MERRY CHRISTMAS [/color]

Edited by user Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:40:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

joyfullycrafting Offline
#484 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 4:22:37 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1396 time(s) in 1106 post(s)
Hi alll.

Debbie, your sweets sound so yummy!

Sharon, I sure hope your DH starts feeling better soon, poor guy.

Nancy, my SIL has made those truffles before, but she didn't dip hers. Covering them with chocolate is a great idea.

I haven't even started grocery shopping for my part of Christmas dinner.

Snowed for a while this afternoon. Jill was SO excited. Now, it is just wet and gray out.

The dogs are driving me nuts!!!!!!

We FINALLLY got the last gift figured out. That was a relief.

Church has just started this morning when I started thinking that maybe I had left the fireplace open. I was so concerned, I got in the car and came home - about 15 miles! It was shut down, but I sure can't remember closing it. Got back to church just when it was over!
NJsharon Online
#485 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 5:22:52 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Nancy, I have made those 'oreo balls' before, same way, dipped in chocolate & they are always a huge hit! They are just a bit of work, with having to dip them in chocolate & letting them cool in the fridge or freezer. But worth it!

Think I am going to start the '26 Random Acts of Kindness' tomorrow. I did pay for someone's order behind me in line at the Dunkin Donuts drive thru last week. That was just because I was feeling in a great mood! But heard about this idea in the past 2 days & it sounds so nice. So going to participate. Just made my 26 little slips of paper with a note on them, to pass on to the recipients.

Made my golobki (stuffed cabbage) this afternoon, with the help of the girls! All cooked now & smells so good. Also made my gravy to put over the top of them. So all ready now, just needs to be warmed up tomorrow evening.

SandraB. Offline
#486 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 5:35:58 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 241 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Hi everyone;
DD & sil arrived at our house finally last nite. Other dd dropped them off at the hockey game last nite. SIL thoroughly enjoyed the game...too bad the wrong team ended up winning in overtime thoughLOL! We had a nice lunch today with other sil's family, then dd & I hit the grocery store...a busy place! Everyone is sort of relaxing/napping now...so will cook a pizza in a bit.

Sharon: I've never heard of having a children's play centre in a grocery store before...what a great idea. I know what you mean about not being in the Christmas mood...I feel like I've just gone through all the motions and did what I had to do. Hope your dh is feeling better

Debbie: your sweets sure do sound yummy. Cleaning flower pedals off the pond (how rude, lol), dh was breaking ice of the top of our yesterday. Sounds like the dogs are starting to get along together.

Joy: glad you were able to get the last gift done. Too funny about your fireplace...better to be safe then sorry though.

Have to make a few more Grinch Pill pkgs. tonite...they seem to be a big hit.

Bye for now, take care everyone.BigGrin BigGrin

Shelly Offline
#487 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 10:56:41 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Mmmm!! Everyone's food and goodies sound so good!

You are all so on the ball. I have all my preents still sitting here waiting to be wrapped. Really was going to get to them today, but yesterday I came down with the stomach flu on top of my cold. I'm really getting tired of this! But feel much better tonight. So glad it was a quick bout.

Before I got the sick, I got my tags done. I figured out what I wanted to do, but realized I didn't have enough paper that I wanted to use (hard to believe if you could see how much paper I have) and then I remembered that the Imagine prints paper. I hadn't done that before with it. So I found some that I liked and printed out a bunch of pages and they turned out great. I got my I last year after Christmas and have not used it much. I really need to use it more. I think I will now that I remember about printing papers. I bought a bunch of cartridges from Hobby Lobby on their clearance so I have quite a few.

Anyway, I just want to tell everyone MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Hope you all have a wonderful day!
DebbieScraps Offline
#488 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 7:13:48 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas before I turn off the lights here, it has been a hectic but lovely Christmas Eve. Did a big roast beef for dinner with roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding (Sharon you will know what those are BigGrin ) and all the vegetables and trife for dessert. Tomorrow it is prawn cocktails for starters, roast turkey, potatoe bake and salads for lunch with pavlova for dessert. Boxing day is leftovers LOL LOL LOL Apparently we are in for a full week of searing heat Cool not looking forward to that. After dinner tonight we went and looked at all the houses decorated with Christmas lights, some really lovely ones. We also have a couple of streets nearby that the whole street decorate, very impressive.

DD was very excited today she found her wedding shoes. She has always wanted to wear blue shoes (to go with the something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue theme) and she got a lovely pair of midnight blue shoes with glittered soles - very pretty.

Well it is really late, don't know if I will have a chance to get onto the computer tomorrow.
NJsharon Online
#489 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 7:26:09 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Oh yum Debbie! I am coming to yours for Christmas Eve next year! I will bring some of my Grandmas Polish stuffed cabbage if you can make that lovely roast dinner with yorkshire puddings! I love trifle too!

We are having prawn cocktail for starter tomorrow too. Paul was bugging me saying I haven't made that for years & he likes it. Just chopped up lettuce, tiny prawns on the top (baby shrimp) & thousand island dressing. It is so good though.

Girls are making paper chains in the other room. Elise calls that there is an emergency, so went running in thinking she had spilt her hot chocolate she was drinking... no, she ran out of red paper to make the paper chains! (rolling my eyes)! LOL

Oh blue wedding shoes sounds a fantastic idea, how fun!!!

Shelly feel better. :(
joyfullycrafting Offline
#490 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 11:30:19 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Merry Christmas Eve!

Debbie, your meals sound yummy!

Sharon, I read about your RAK's of facebook. What a great thing for you and your girls to do!!!

Shelly, glad you are feeling better. Good luck getting your gifts wrapped.

Megan and Jill just went to my parents house to help my mom set the table. They also just gave the dogs baths. Now the house smells like wet dog.

Kate plans on wearing red shoes with her dress. She got one pair, but they are not very comfy, so we may go to DSW and look. Much more expensive, but also more comfortable.

Just did a small gift exchange with Merle's brother and his wife. They can't make it over tomorrow.

Now, finally, off to the grocery store to get my part of Christmas dinner! Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

Have a blessed Christmas, my Cricut friends!!!!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#491 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 11:32:16 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I meant to say that Megan will probablly either wear her cowboy boots or flipflops. She is getting married on July 13 in the AM outside, probably in our church lawn. We have a several acre church lawn.

Kate's fiance is really tall, and so is Kate, but she can wear high high heels and he is still taller.

Megan's fiance is about her height, so any heels she wears, she is taller than him. But she wears heels anyway.
PedalPower Offline
#492 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 6:40:15 PM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1566 time(s) in 932 post(s)
Merry Christmas girls!!!!

We spent four days with our extended families, but are home! We went to mass tonight and will be decorating cookies for Santa soon. I hope you all have a blessed holiday!
AlyaMama Offline
#493 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 12:18:12 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Merry Christmas everyone, have a safe and blessed holiday.

Angie and her tribe of misfitsBigGrin
DebbieScraps Offline
#494 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 7:13:14 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Angie and her tribe of misfits LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Joy, DD's fiance is also very tall so she can wear heels. Her wedding shoes are lovely, she is so excited about them and they were on sale so even better BigGrin

Sharon I normally do my prawn cocktails like that but this year I did not get lettuce, it was $5 a head and I knew most of it would go to waste so we just did the prawns with chopped up avocado and mango with a light dresing of sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice and oil and it was really delicious, would definitely do it that way again. Lunch today was really delicious, it was special without being overboard which was what I was aiming for. Going to use the left over roast beef to make pies tomorrow which should be lovely. I deliberately got a roast big enough to have leftovers for pies.

The kids were really thrilled with their gifts so all in all it was a very successful Christmas.
NJsharon Online
#495 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 7:41:45 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#496 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 7:46:45 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Edited by user Tuesday, December 25, 2012 7:47:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 Offline
#497 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 7:52:51 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Well I survived Christmas Eve Abigail opened her presents. She was so cute she grabbed the boxes and ripped them open LOL

I didn't realize how much stuff I got her. I guess when you start shopping in August then forget what you bought then shop again the rest of the year.

The tree was filled with presents....

Well hoping your day is a Blessed Day

PS..Debbie $5.00 a head for lettuce!!!!!!!!!! that is crazy we can get lettuce on sale for 1.00 most of the time it is 1.79...

Edited by user Tuesday, December 25, 2012 11:45:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

joyfullycrafting Offline
#498 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 10:27:20 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Merry Christmas, everyone!

We have had a very nice morning so far. Santa came, Megan's fiance came over because Santa left a stocking full of gifts for him, too. :)

And I got Artiste!!! YAY! Sharon, you keep a good secret!!!!!

I also got my wedding ring. I think that was the best gift. It hasn't fit for a while. Blushing DH had it sized and shined up. Megan's fiance' did the work on it. My hand feels like it is supposed to, now.

Time to start fixing my part of Christmas dinner.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
NJsharon on 12/26/2012(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#499 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 11:47:07 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy glad you got your CLTM Cricut Artiste. Hang on to that wedding ring.
I am expecting 9 to 12 people any minute now
PedalPower Offline
#500 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 4:35:27 PM(UTC)
PedalPower

Merry Christmas my friends! We were up at 6:45 this morning. Everyone seems to be pleased at our house! BigGrin I fixed a big meal and our neighbor joined us around 1pm. She loved the meal and we spoiled her with all sorts of goodies. She, in turn, spoiled all of us. She's such a thoughtful lady. My husband loves honey...she found an amazing honey from Hawaii that is white. It's really delicious. She also brought us a whole cheesecake! Drool Our house is a total disaster, but we're going to likely be snowed in for a couple of days, so I'll clean then. We have some clearing out of old things, though...might turn into a big project!
NJsharon Online
#501 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:21:54 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Joy, glad you got the Artiste cartridge!! BigGrin

Think we are getting some snow later. Watching to see how much we are going to get. Would be nice to have a couple of inches!

Also meant to get another storm moving in on Saturday. That is what we are watching more carefully, as we are meant to VA on saturday morning. If we are meant to get a lot of snow, we may cancel our hotel room, but need to do it soon!

Going to head out to Walmart today to check out the After-Christmas sales. May get a fake tree for the front room. We always get a real one for the Family room, but that is in the back & Paul wants a fake one for the front room, so people can see a tree as they drive by. lol

Happy Boxing Day, for those that celebrate!
PedalPower Offline
#502 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:27:43 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

We have lots of snow this morning. My husband went to work this morning, but it took him over an hour to make the 30 minute trip. I had to shovel the garage entry so the door would close. I'm not complaining....my neighbors got their kids a basketball goal for Christmas. This morning it is blown over....on their new car! Guess they didn't fill it with sand or tether it and we have 30-40mph wind. Will shovel our neighbor's drive for her later today, after it stops snowing. We told her not to even attempt it. I hope she listens.
AlyaMama Offline
#503 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:02:23 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Sounds like everyone had a good holiday.

Nancy Layla didn't open her gifts, the kids helped her. Oh well. Guess it was practice for the big show (her birthday).

Sharon- happy boxing day. I couldn't imagine 2 trees. We brought our tree from the States. It's a prelit one, but we don't plug it in. I just throw lights from here on it and plug those in.

Funny story- so in our garage we have a little storage room, we put the tree in there when it's not up. Every year it get really moldy and musty. So this year I was trying to find a place in the house out of the way to put it when I take it down. So I was looking around the living room and noticed that someone had set this box of coffee cups kind of behind my curio cabinet that it set in the corner. Well, I fit back there so I guess if I fit the tree should fit too. Easy fix, I'll shove it back there. I'm so happy.

Joy my finger feels naked without my rings on it. It's so strange, glad you got them back all shinny and fitting. Congrats on Artsie cart.

Sonya I saw the pics on facebook, looks very cold. I tried the french toast casserole you shared a while back. It got mixed reviews. It wasn't sweet enough me. I liked the top, but not the inside. Oh well, live and learn.

Debbie glad your holiday went well. Is is hot there?

Our Christmas was pretty good, the kids all got digital cameras, they seem to like them, they were having photo shoots by the tree on Christmas Eve, it was too cute. I might have 3 more little scrappers to teach, (my kids). Santa's elves made a mistake and forgot to put one of the gifts for Khalid and Adam on the sleigh, so he'll be back as soon as they get it on his sleigh. I ordred a lego set for Khalid and Adam and had it shipped here and it didn't get here in time. So hopefully it will come soon.

On Christmas Day we went to a friends house for dinner. It was quite nice. My kids have final exams this week and next then they are off for 1 month winter break. I see lots of Wii playing in my future.

Better get going Layla is crying and needs to go to sleep.

AlyaMama attached the following image(s):
Kids Christmas picture 2.JPG
PedalPower Offline
#504 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 12:53:08 PM(UTC)
PedalPower

Angie...funny thing about the first time I served the French Toast to the bike team. Half of them started eating it without putting the warmed syrup I had sitting beside it. They all had this funny look on their face. When I realized they were eating it "dry" we passed the syrup and they all agreed that it was much, much better covered in Mrs. Butterworth's. I still giggle about that one....sorry it didn't work out for you!
JeanneLee Offline
#505 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:06:23 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Hello all....glad to hear that your families arrived for Christmas.

Here in Ohio we got a winter wonderland going on outside today!
We have at least 5 inches now. They are saying 6-12 in our area.

Oldest DS left to head back to MD this am and got stopped about 1-1/2 miles from here.
Couldn't get up the hills here. So he slid into a ditch. A tow truck came and got him unstuck
and DH went out to make sure he made it back here. Took them almost an hour and half to get
back here(10 min away).

So, we are here together for another day...so I am thrilled. BUT tom'w. if the roads are cleared both
DS and DD and her hubby will be driving back to MD.

Wanted to stop in and say Hello!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#506 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:37:30 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi all.

I had planned on making Sonya's french toast stuff, but Jill was appalled and said we HAVE to have our traditional coffee cake. So we had coffee cake.

Angie, glad you found space for your tree inside!

Sharon, Megan had two trees up this year. She has a big family room with huge windows, and a big living room with huge windows, both facing the street. She had her tree and then put up Brandon's tree. I am a bit jealous. Jill has two trees, also!

JeanneLee, sorry DS got stuck, but nice you have him for another day!

We headed out, in the snow, for shopping. I was on a quest for lights for Kate's wedding. Got them at Home Depot. We left home about 9:30 this morning, and stores were not very busy. I think because of the snow. Even Wally's was not all that busy. Amazing!

The sun is just starting to come out. It has been snowing off and on since late yesterday afernoon, but not much accumulation. Maybe a couple of inches at tops. We need to get the drive clean, though.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#507 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:39:19 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

We headed out to the Cemetary early this morning I bought a beautiful Christmas Wreath the other day and we figured we better get out early this morning before the rain/snow storm. It was so quiet and peaceful out there. Then coming home all the traffic and everyone in a hurry speeding along the Expressway. Yikes.. couldn't wait to get home

Little Abigail enjoying all her toys they have been sending me videos and photos of her playing with her toys. Such a cute age.

Well I survived I am so exhausted. Patty wasn't feeling well the past couple of days i think she has the Flu, Bob has a cold and I am praying Abigail doesn't get sick as well.

My sister in law wasn't feeling well could hardly walk so i was on my own all day yesterday although DH did load the dish washer. I have to say it was his first time and he did a good job. I wouldn't daqre complain. But he helped clear off the table.

All his Aunts are elderly so they just sat ate and then waited for desserts to be served. Their tradition is to have desserts right after dinner, which I don't like. I would rather digest a while then serve dessert. But Hubby had to take one Aunt home and it was a 40 min ride one way so 80 miles he didn't want to leave too late.

Relaxed all day and watched TV and snoozed. Nice to have a day off.

Eating leftover for dinner. Either my Prime Rib or lasagna

It is pouring rain and now started to snow...

Debbie i would love to have your weather right about now

Have a good evening/day everyone
SandraB. Offline
#508 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:56:18 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 241 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Merry Christmas everyone!
Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Christmas...good to hear. I've finally got a moment to myself, so I thought I had better check in with my gal friendsBigGrin! It's been pretty busy since the kids arrived...but loving every minute of it! Christmas Eve was spent with dh's family; Christmas Day was here and we just got home from my sister's as she had a get together so everyone could visit with her dd; the soccer player who is home for Christmas also. It was great as all the cousins were together for the first time in a long time. Just tried out my new refurbished E and it works great! We're off to a Star Trek exhibit tomorrow at the Space Science Centre. Sil is really looking forward to it.

Better run, will catch up with everyone again soon.
Take care everyoneBigGrin
NJsharon Online
#509 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:14:46 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Off with Emily to her first Orthodontics appt today. She needs her jawline corrected, our regular dentist said. Not sure what the involves? Emily wanted to know if she would have to wear braces & told her I honestly don't know!

We were meant to go to VA on saturday for 2 nights. To Williamsburg. But now there is meant to be a pretty big snow storm coming in on saturday, so cancelled that trip & will go in the spring or summer, when it is warmer & more things to do.

Got my new CTMH idea books (for Spring & Summer, they go live on Feb 1st) & been drooling over them yesterday. Will start to write out my long list of things to buy today! lol
PedalPower Offline
#510 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:23:32 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

Hi girls...did a lot of snow shoveling yesterday afternoon. I managed to make a small gift card set with a little box to put it in, turned out really cute. Today we have to get out of the house. I'm hoping my gym is open today. I need to get some cardio or weights in--Something! It's been a full 7 days since my last workout (besides shoveling) and I'm going nutty! We may also venture out to a store or two. DS has a return and some gift cards. I won't stand in line too long, but we may give it a go just to get some fresh air. It seems like I have picked up for two days and my house is still a disaster. LOL