Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 Pages«<383940
KelleyRooks Offline
#1171 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 10:41:34 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
As a hostess, here is my two cents. Our goal, or at least as I see it, is to have a fun and successful swap where we share our talents and learn from others. The rules we place for our swaps are to help achieve that goal. There are times when we do have to look at trends like habitually mailing late, non-improving workmanship, and drama as to whether let someone in the swap as it takes away some of the enjoyment of the swap. Not letting someone in isn't an act of being rude or mean, but more meant to ensure the flow of the swap. That aside, There are times when people do need to mail late. It isn't something that is planned ahead and they are not habitual late mailers, just life happens. The key here, which is evident by Gwynne's post, is that each person who did mail late COMMUNICATED with her. They all did mail, myself included, within one week of the due date. I love how she handled each instance.

Yes I mailed 3 days late, and to my SS Peachy I am sorry. Blushing I did communicate with Gwynne several times and I did mail priority. I think though in the end my ss was happy that I did take the extra time and rework some projects and take more time to complete others.

With this season we should have Peace on Earth and Goodwill towards Men (women too). It is so unfortunate the things that have gone on this last week with the shooting at the Oregon Mall, the school shooting in Ct, and the shooting in Vegas. I cannot imagine what those families are going through. Although I cannot relate to the parents who lost children, I have known the sheer terror as parent of not knowing. My son's school was under gunfire in 2007, and the news from the media was skewed with misinformation at first. That was the longest 45 minute drive from my work to the school of my entire life. Fortunately no one was killed that day, just a few injured. The scariest thing is that if my son hadn't gone to his occupational therapy that day at the school during the time of the shooting, the outcome would have been different. It wasn't his normal time either, but the therapist had to make a schedule change that week. Thank goodness as his desk was in the line of fire by the window.

A local christmas tree farm donated a tree in memory to those who lost their lives in CT. They are placed down the road to the school. How cool is that random act of kindness. There is still good in this world.

Gwynne, sorry about your daughter being sick. Are you feeling better?

Peachy I remember the days of Santa - cherish them.

May you all have a wonderful, peaceful, loving holiday season filled with joy.

Kel
 2 users thanked KelleyRooks for this useful post.
PetiteKalashnikovna on 12/16/2012(UTC), CMC56 on 12/17/2012(UTC)
planlady19 Online
#1172 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:39:41 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 269 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Peachy enjoy all of your goodies from Kelly they are great. Kelly great job see I told you there was nothing to stress out about.. LOL

Peachy when we were at my dd's during Thanksgiving we took the boys to see Santa and had a picture taken if I can get it to scan I will post it..

Gwen I hope both you and your daughter are feeling better.

I would like to thank you once again for being a great hostess and i agree that you have the
right to allow who you want in the swap as you have the information from past swaps and yes we do not need any drama on any of the swaps.

I have said that I was sorry to have to mail late but I was not going to just throw something together and not have it be special.

So since this is the Christmas season I will overlook the people who should be on the "naughty" list and just say I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and look forward to swapping with all the "nice" people in the new year.

1 user thanked planlady19 for this useful post.
PetiteKalashnikovna on 12/16/2012(UTC)
heaven4333 Offline
#1173 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:17:32 PM(UTC)
heaven4333

Was thanked: 258 time(s) in 244 post(s)
Peachy that is one huge Christmas tree and your ds looks adorable
sitting on Santa's lap too. I agree with you that the incident in
Conn is a real prayer need. Those poor families.Crying

All is well here, Bill got his port in Friday so they will have an easier
time giving him his chemo. And with the $ we got from his benefit we
were able to buy a used 2008 Prius with only 35K miles on it. Can't wait to
see how good our mpg's are with this little buggy.BigGrin

Kel, anyone should be overjoyed to have you as a partner, you are the best,
course Pamela was no slacker either....waves to Pamela and Jeri.
Hope you all have a super awesome Christmas.
Big Hugs
Kathy
 1 user thanked heaven4333 for this useful post.
PetiteKalashnikovna on 12/16/2012(UTC)
PetiteKalashnikovna Offline
#1174 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 1:59:58 PM(UTC)
PetiteKalashnikovna

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 153 post(s)
Kelley, there is no need to apologize for sending my AMAZING Drool box past deadline. The timing was perfect since we decorated late for Christmas and the banner just arrived on time. I just noticed the colors of the Lindy's sprays and believe it or not, I have scrubs with those colors--Lime and Carribean Blue.LOL

Kathy, enjoy your new car! The port would be very helpful to keep Bill from getting poked for blood draws, and of course, is a good access for him to get his chemo meds. I'm sending prayers for you both to stay strong and hoping for his speedy recovery!

The baby was 5 seconds from crying in that pic. lol! I wanted to have them retake the pic, but his nose was red from crying and he would be a "red-nosed baby" instead of Santa's Helper (that's what his shirt says).

Hubby and I put up the banner above our sliding glass doors and I also decided to hang right beside it the Steampunk wall hanging Kelley made. We put up a smaller tree this year and decorated it with nonbreakable ornaments just in case Mr. Busy Hands has ideas to do some decorating himself. I decorated the mantle with Cheryl's house and wreath, as well as some of our staples. The bigger wreath did not come that way. I decorated it with a couple of snowmen and some berry sprays. I am not ready for Christmas just yet. I still have to do some baking and wrap presents tonight. I know, I'm a slacker.LOL
PetiteKalashnikovna attached the following image(s):
DSC05872 - Copy.JPG
DSC05873 - Copy.JPG
planlady19 Online
#1175 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:05:39 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Peachy looks good.. I am just now getting my Christmas decorations up.. grrrrr...

on top of everything else our pre lite tree decided to stop working so we had to count off all the lights and redo it.. not so fun it was a 9 foot tree and we put 1150 new lights on it.. so now just have to get the ornaments out and put them on.

my craft room is the last room i have to clean and decorate it.. so hopefully tonight i will get to do it..have to get my snowman banner hung up..

and yes the strawberries are great. Thanks again. Robin

KelleyRooks Offline
#1176 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:30:16 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: PetiteKalashnikovna Go to Quoted Post
Kelley, there is no need to apologize for sending my AMAZING Drool box past deadline. The timing was perfect since we decorated late for Christmas and the banner just arrived on time. I just noticed the colors of the Lindy's sprays and believe it or not, I have scrubs with those colors--Lime and Carribean Blue.LOL

Kathy, enjoy your new car! The port would be very helpful to keep Bill from getting poked for blood draws, and of course, is a good access for him to get his chemo meds. I'm sending prayers for you both to stay strong and hoping for his speedy recovery!

The baby was 5 seconds from crying in that pic. lol! I wanted to have them retake the pic, but his nose was red from crying and he would be a "red-nosed baby" instead of Santa's Helper (that's what his shirt says).

Hubby and I put up the banner above our sliding glass doors and I also decided to hang right beside it the Steampunk wall hanging Kelley made. We put up a smaller tree this year and decorated it with nonbreakable ornaments just in case Mr. Busy Hands has ideas to do some decorating himself. I decorated the mantle with Cheryl's house and wreath, as well as some of our staples. The bigger wreath did not come that way. I decorated it with a couple of snowmen and some berry sprays. I am not ready for Christmas just yet. I still have to do some baking and wrap presents tonight. I know, I'm a slacker.LOL

Thank you Peachy. Those colors of Lindy's are beautiful. All though I love the Tattered Angels glimmer mists, I have dabbled with other manufacturers lately. I have to admit I really do like the Lindys.

Kathy - yay on the new car. Good thigs are hapenning for you. It is nice to hear good news.
CMC56 Offline
#1177 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 1:33:20 PM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Peachy love the Santa pic. So cute.
Kathy the port will keep your husband from turning into a human pin cushion and will make it easier to access. My DH had one put in last Jan and he still has it for his post chemo meds he receives every month. My heart goes out to you and I will keep your family in my prayers.
My heart and prayers go out to the people who lost loved ones in Ct. I Really can not imagine the loss they are feeling right now.

Gwynne another great swap. You are the hostess with the mostessBigGrin.

Hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Cheryl
trvkladd Offline
#1178 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 1:47:00 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Peachy~ Beautiful pic of Kiko! Love it! Love that tree.

My prayers are with all the families in CT that lost loved ones. Hopefully/prayerfully none of our MB sisters have been affected by this terrible tragedy. I can't even begin to imagine the horror that those families are going through!

Gwynne~ You know who and what you are and you have done your best to make this swap wonderful for all who have been a part of it. No worries! You are a fabulous hostess. Thank you for keeping things running smoothly and efficiently. Keep calm and craft on, sister!!! Thanks again for all you do and all you did to make this a successful swap!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday

~Rebecca
JulieClawser Offline
#1179 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:19:23 AM(UTC)
JulieClawser

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Wow - everyone's gifts were so nice - Great job everyone!
This was a really fun swap - Thank you Gwynne for letting me join as a first-timer... I knew the swap was in good hands when I saw your name on it :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday! I'm looking forward to the next round, but will have to see what the timing looks like before I join - My little guy is due March 28th, so I might be a little busy around Easter...Flapper

Merry Christmas Ladies... May lots of crafty goodies find their way under your trees next week!
Birdseye7776 Offline
#1180 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:39:00 AM(UTC)
Birdseye7776

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Ok, I've done EVERYTHING I can think of to get the pics off my phone, But this is all I can offer in pics of the box I sent that was never posted Glare

This Reindeer was for day 10 (I think) the Masculine day
KelleyRooks Offline
#1181 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:01:25 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: Birdseye7776 Go to Quoted Post
Ok, I've done EVERYTHING I can think of to get the pics off my phone, But this is all I can offer in pics of the box I sent that was never posted Glare

This Reindeer was for day 10 (I think) the Masculine day

Sorry you are having troubles getting the pictures off of your phone. THe reindeer is super cute.

Julie - a spring baby how wonderful.

Happy holidays to everyone. In case anyone missed my separate post....Gwynne is going to take over the all homemade swap for me starting this January. It's a great swap and she definitely will do a great job as hostess (as always). I will still be hosting the new swap - short and sweet - signups are up now. Thanks, Kel

ScrappinGwen Offline
#1182 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 11:55:03 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 652 time(s) in 533 post(s)
Finally today I have some of my energy back after being sick! Lordy! I'm not used to being sick for more then a few hours....

Bridgette, that reindeer idea is adorable!

and Julie, the anticipation of your baby being born will surely help the winter fly by!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for a sucessful swap!

I'm not sure when the next SS swap will be but, like Kelley has indicated, I will be opening up the all home-made swap the beginning of January. It will be same as the Fall/Halloween where you make 3 items. It will not be secret sister though - you will know who your partner is. And it will probably have a quicker turnaround - like 6 weeks long.

The theme will be "chase the winter blues away!"

You will either be crafting in a "winter" theme or you will be crafting in "any shade of blue" theme, depending on the wishes of your partner. For example, a Florida swapper may want items in blue vs. a snowman or a snowy wintry scene....

So that's about all the info I have at this time.

I am going to be one busy little elf trying to figure out how to get ready for the holidays when I only have a couple days to do so! Never, ever have I been sick the week before Christmas! I am so far behind now!

So, I just want to take a moment today to say this:

I wish you all a very, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too!
Scrapin*Creations Offline
#1183 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:09:15 PM(UTC)
Scrapin*Creations

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 91 post(s)
Gwynne...glad you are feeling better. Thanks for hosting a great swap...looking forward for the upcoming rounds.

Wonderful boxes Ladies...love seeing all our different ideas on the directives.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and New Year,
Ali
planlady19 Online
#1184 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 6:24:44 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Gwen glad to see you are feeling better..

Finally got all my orders filled and delivered today. Now just to get plenty of supplies in before the "storm" hits.. Hope everyone has all the goodies they need ready to go..

I wanted a white Christmas but not a stormy one.

Everyone have a safe and happy weekend.

terri
Beanies Mom Offline
#1185 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 11:23:32 AM(UTC)
Beanies Mom

United States
Location: MQ: Page 15 Post 431 / Joined Date Should Be 7/13/2006

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Happy Holidays everyone!!!!!

Gwynne, they are saying we are going to get snow Christmas Eve sooooooo if it should happen I will post a picture. It's been in the 30's during the day and high teens at night so if it's going to be that cold we may as well get some of the white stuff. Makes it easier on the Reindeers when they have to land. Bright side is most of our roofs are flat so it's not such balancing problem. Lol

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday.

Debbie

P.S.

Gwynne thank you for the fun swap I really had a great time and it makes it alot more fun when you have a hostess that is flexable and can go with the flow. Some of us may have been late but it all got done and there were some beautiful items made. I would enter another swap of yours again because they always end nicely. Even when I was a month late on the first one you and Kauimelody put up with me. NO EXCUSES it was my first big swap and I was in over my head but I was late and you guys didn't make me feel bad (I did get a stern pm, well deserved). Thank you because that swap could have been my last but with understanding from both of you I got thru and lived to swap again.
 1 user thanked Beanies Mom for this useful post.
demmer993462475657 on 12/22/2012(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#1186 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 2:55:20 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 736 time(s) in 619 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Beanies Mom Go to Quoted Post
Happy Holidays everyone!!!!!

Gwynne thank you for the fun swap I really had a great time and it makes it alot more fun when you have a hostess that is flexable and can go with the flow. Some of us may have been late but it all got done and there were some beautiful items made. I would enter another swap of yours again because they always end nicely. Even when I was a month late on the first one you and Kauimelody put up with me. NO EXCUSES it was my first big swap and I was in over my head but I was late and you guys didn't make me feel bad (I did get a stern pm, well deserved). Thank you because that swap could have been my last but with understanding from both of you I got thru and lived to swap again.

Glad that you stuck with it!!!!!! You have gotten more confident with each swap and that is SUPER!!!!

Merry ChristmasBigGrin

1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
Beanies Mom on 12/22/2012(UTC)
planlady19 Online
#1187 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 8:49:21 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Merry Christmas everyone..

Hope everyone got a few goodies to play with next year...

Looking forward to our next "get together" .. and see what all "evil" things your mind is coming up with..

Why can't this be along weekend..don't want to go back to work tomorrow and especially if we get the stormy weather they say is heading our way..but I guess no use complaining or making "excuses" the weather man does not listen.LOL

terri
ScrappinGwen Offline
#1188 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:37:44 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

test
KelleyRooks Offline
#1189 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 11:10:18 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
test

Whatcha testing?BigGrin
ScrappinGwen Offline
#1190 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 11:37:13 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Just making sure I could still take pictures off of my camera onto the new computer and then also be able to post pictures here on a thread! No issues at all....phew!

My old computer was 7 years old....so the way I do everything is SOOOOO outdated. A real pain getting used to new computer...windows 7. I still have to buy Office (word, excel) and get situated in that regard. I can't be without all my saved rules and addresses and tutorial links, etc. that all have to do with swaps! lol But slowly I am gaining and getting adjusted.
ScrappinGwen attached the following image(s):
IMG_6414.JPG
Jen Offline
#1191 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:45:57 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas. Ours was nice but we are pooped now. Three hours of sleep and then about 14 hours of the family just exhausted us. But we survived - lol.

Wow Gwen you got a new computer and with windows 7. Dh got a new lap top and couldn't get windows 7. They only had them with windows 8 in stock. Said he is too old to learn the new system - lol.
KelleyRooks Offline
#1192 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:35:42 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: Jen Go to Quoted Post
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas. Ours was nice but we are pooped now. Three hours of sleep and then about 14 hours of the family just exhausted us. But we survived - lol.

Wow Gwen you got a new computer and with windows 7. Dh got a new lap top and couldn't get windows 7. They only had them with windows 8 in stock. Said he is too old to learn the new system - lol.

I agree there is a learning curve with it. It took me a while to get used to 7. Haven't tried 8. I had got my new laptop right before it came out.

Happy holidays everyone. Hope you have a great new years.

Kel
ScrappinGwen Offline
#1193 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:09:17 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

It's my understanding that 8 is for laptops, not computers. Thus why we have 7. I don't have a laptop.... I wouldn't mind owning an ipad though to tote around with me at times.
CMC56 Offline
#1194 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 7:40:44 PM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I went to Ohio to visit my daughter and ended up having to stay an extra day because of the ice and snow. I had a wonderful time! We came home to a couple inches of snow and we are supposed to get some tonight. I think they said 4 to 6 inches. Welcome to windows 7 Gwynne. My husband won me an iPad a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I hope everyone is doing well.

Cheryl
Jen Offline
#1195 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:01:38 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Gwen we got an I-Pad a few months after they came out. Loved it. My dh just surprised me with an I-pad Mini for Christmas. If I wasn't on my laptop I was on my I-pad. Then I got a Droid Smart Phone and that was so readily easy. But these aging eyes really needed something a little bigger. I didn't look at any thing because it was more of a want and not a need. So imagine my surprise on Christmas morning. I love the size of the mini and the charge seems to last a long time.
trvkladd Offline
#1196 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:08:37 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Mine was wonderful. All the kids were her in the morning. We exchanged gifts then had a nice family breakfast together. All the girls put aside their petty differences and were actually nice to each other for a change....that was my gift! Laugh Flapper LOL I didn't get anything because I have a whole wish list from Stampin Up that they're all going to get me something from at the end of January when SU has this really big sale. My sister sells it so she's coordinating it. I can't wait.

I would love to have an iPad for when I'm out. Hope everyone has a Very Happy New YearWub Wub

~Rebecca