Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mandys Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 5:52:43 AM(UTC)
mandys

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 136 post(s)
i downloaded a single image from the Team Spirit cart and when I place it it is all together. I can pull it apart, but not to seperate mats. i only have 6x12 cricut so I need to be able to split the colors up. Anybody know how? There is not hide feature or i would just copy it X times and hide all but one cut.
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 6:09:06 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7612 time(s) in 3551 post(s)
When you have the image on the mat you'll see an "Edit Group" button on the bottom left of the image.

Click that, then from the top right corner of the screen, click the Separate button. Then press the Exit button.

Now with all the images still selected press the Ungroup button on the top toolbar.

Each of the layers will be separated allowing you to cut and paste to different mats. Smile

Edited by user Friday, November 23, 2012 6:09:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
mandys on 11/23/2012(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 3:29:16 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7604 time(s) in 4453 post(s)
And, if you don't want to do this (or your CCR isn't allowing you, even though it should) the way Narelle says, there might be another way to do it.

Go ahead and get your first layer and delete everything off the image you want (Hide/Contour) and hit EXIT.

Go to your next mat layer and place the image again, but delete the other things off you don't want on that second image.

Be sure to SAVE as you go.

HTH.

Char
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 5:33:40 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
And, if you don't want to do this (or your CCR isn't allowing you, even though it should) the way Narelle says, there might be another way to do it.

Go ahead and get your first layer and delete everything off the image you want (Hide/Contour) and hit EXIT.

Go to your next mat layer and place the image again, but delete the other things off you don't want on that second image.

Be sure to SAVE as you go.

HTH.

Char

It's not possible to do it that way Char. As Mandy mentioned, this is a layered image from the Team Spirit set of single images. They are already layered together. To cut each layer out they have to be separated then ungrouped. If you select one of the images you'll see that there is no Hide Contour button, only an Edit Group button.

This is what an image looks like using an Imagine:

Using any other Cricut:

Hide Contour isn't available on these images.

This is what it looks like once the layers have been separated (notice that there's still no Hide Contour button:

None of the individual pieces can be copied or manipulated in any way until they are Ungrouped.

Once that's done each piece can be manipulated. (But there is still no Hide Contour button - at least on this image anyway.)

I'd say the reason that Hide Contour isn't available is that these images were created mainly to be printed and cut on the Imagine (although they can be cut on the other Cricuts). Hiding Contours would make the image print incorrectly.

The single Layered Images from Create a Critter that were added recently work in the same way.

Edited by user Friday, November 23, 2012 5:39:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
mandys on 11/23/2012(UTC), Cricut Tanja on 12/9/2012(UTC)
mandys Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 5:59:49 PM(UTC)
mandys

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 136 post(s)
Awesome! Thanks Narelle, and thanks to both of you for answering me. The "ungroup" is what I missed.
 1 user thanked mandys for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/23/2012(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 8:06:37 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Well, if you're using an image that you can't HIDE, then I agree, you would need to take other measures......like UNGROUP, if that option is available.

I guess I don't know why you can't place an IMAGE on more than one MAT and do what you want to on each mat. Am I missing something (if you delete the HIDE option)?

It looks like it would work no matter what you're allowed to do...in this case, you are allowed to UNGROUP and get rid of some of the pieces you don't want.

Char
Narelle Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 9:10:59 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Well, if you're using an image that you can't HIDE, then I agree, you would need to take other measures......like UNGROUP, if that option is available.

I guess I don't know why you can't place an IMAGE on more than one MAT and do what you want to on each mat. Am I missing something (if you delete the HIDE option)?

It looks like it would work no matter what you're allowed to do...in this case, you are allowed to UNGROUP and get rid of some of the pieces you don't want.

Char

I suggest you go and select one of the single images from the Team Spirit collection to see what I mean. Smile

And yes, once you separate and ungroup the images, you can delete/move whatever you want to wherever you want it. In the case of these Team Spirit images, that's the ONLY way to do it.

Edited by user Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:29:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ImTheNana Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 1:26:53 PM(UTC)
ImTheNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Char

When I ungroup and put them on separate mats, they will no longer cut. Any ideas? (forgive me, I'm new to Cricut, the Expressions 2, and CCR)
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 2:54:46 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Hopefully, Narelle will come along pretty soon to help you with this.

Can you keep them on the same mat and CUT them that way? Even if you want them so large that you can't do that on one mat, try resizing way down (just for a test cut) and see if you can cut them in that way.

Char
ImTheNana Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 11:25:42 PM(UTC)
ImTheNana

Hopefully, Narelle will come along pretty soon to help you with this.

Can you keep them on the same mat and CUT them that way? Even if you want them so large that you can't do that on one mat, try resizing way down (just for a test cut) and see if you can cut them in that way.

Char

I did that with one of those images (owl), and since I wanted different colours, I wound up with 4 different finished results in mixed up colors. That was fine for that project, but I don't want to waste paper like that every time I want to (ungroup and) cut them in separate colors.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 05, 2012 11:27:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ImTheNana attached the following image(s):
owl.jpg
Narelle Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 12:04:58 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: ImTheNana Go to Quoted Post
When I ungroup and put them on separate mats, they will no longer cut. Any ideas? (forgive me, I'm new to Cricut, the Expressions 2, and CCR)

When you say they won't cut, what is actually happening?
ImTheNana Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 3:05:11 AM(UTC)
ImTheNana

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
When you say they won't cut, what is actually happening?

The cut dialogue box comes up, but when I select the layer and click cut, it just sits there and does nothing.

Edited by user Sunday, December 09, 2012 3:13:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: correct answer after trying again

Narelle Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 3:22:34 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

The cut dialogue box comes up, but when I select the layer and click cut, it just sits there and does nothing.

Is your E2 up to date (using CricutSync)?

Have you installed the E2 drivers (from the Help menu in CCR) onto your computer?

When you get to the cut screen, are you selecting the layer you want to cut from the drop down box? Or selecting Cut All layers Separately. (I find the first method works best for me.)

And, if you don't ungroup the image does it cut?

ImTheNana Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 3:59:27 AM(UTC)
ImTheNana

Is your E2 up to date (using CricutSync)?

Have you installed the E2 drivers (from the Help menu in CCR) onto your computer?

When you get to the cut screen, are you selecting the layer you want to cut from the drop down box? Or selecting Cut All layers Separately. (I find the first method works best for me.)

And, if you don't ungroup the image does it cut?

Yes, I'm up to date, and I tried both methods with no joy. If I don't ungroup, it will cut, as I show above with the owl(s).

I played around with it some more and found a workaround. Instead of ungrouping after I separated the layers, I instead went into edit group, moved the ones I didn't want to cut off the mat, and clicked exit group. I went back and did this each time with every layers until I got the final product I wanted. It's not the best option, but it did allow me to save paper and not cut all the pieces each time.

I don't know why nothing happens when you ungroup, or if you delete sections, that doesn't happen if you simply move it off the mat.
Narelle Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 6:16:31 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Yes, I'm up to date, and I tried both methods with no joy. If I don't ungroup, it will cut, as I show above with the owl(s).

I played around with it some more and found a workaround. Instead of ungrouping after I separated the layers, I instead went into edit group, moved the ones I didn't want to cut off the mat, and clicked exit group. I went back and did this each time with every layers until I got the final product I wanted. It's not the best option, but it did allow me to save paper and not cut all the pieces each time.

I don't know why nothing happens when you ungroup, or if you delete sections, that doesn't happen if you simply move it off the mat.

When I get a chance (hopefully tomorrow) I'll have a play and see what happens when I try to cut one of those images on my E2. Which cart or digital image/s are you using?

Edited by user Sunday, December 09, 2012 6:17:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
ImTheNana on 12/9/2012(UTC)
ImTheNana Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 11:02:04 AM(UTC)
ImTheNana

When I get a chance (hopefully tomorrow) I'll have a play and see what happens when I try to cut one of those images on my E2. Which cart or digital image/s are you using?

I bought three of the single Create a Critter (owl, raccoon, and penguin).
Narelle Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 11:48:04 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

It did the same for me... but I've worked out how to get around it.

Because these are Imagine images CCR is looking for an Imagine when it goes to cut. When it sees that there's an E2 selected it doesn't cut.

So you just need to trick it into thinking you have an Imagine:

Separate and ungroup your layers and place them on their individual mats. (Putting them on different mats isn't necessary unless you want to cut multiples of each one out at the same time.)

Go to the Machine & Mat menu and select the Imagine as the default machine. (It doesn't matter that you don't have one..)

The images will change to the Imagine colours and the Cut button will change to a Go button. Press the Go button

From the Cricut Mode menu select Cut. Then press the Go button

If you already have your mat loaded into the E2 you'll see this message:

Then it should start to cut! Continue pressing the Go button until all your layers are cut. (Swapping out your mats if necessary.)

Edited by user Sunday, December 09, 2012 11:49:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
ImTheNana on 12/10/2012(UTC), jkrflutenpicc7d12cddd on 12/11/2012(UTC)
ImTheNana Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 10:15:51 AM(UTC)
ImTheNana

It did the same for me... but I've worked out how to get around it.

Worked like a charm! ThumpUp

Cheers
 1 user thanked ImTheNana for this useful post.
Narelle on 12/10/2012(UTC)
jkrflutenpicc7d12cddd Online
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:58:42 PM(UTC)
jkrflutenpicc7d12cddd

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Thank you so much for figuring this out! I was having the same issue and selecting the Imagine worked like a charm!BigGrin