Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kellysartsncrafts0b9477cb Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 9:08:31 AM(UTC)
kellysartsncrafts0b9477cb

Groups: Registered

Happy Holidays Everyone. I do not know if this question has already been asked or not but I tried to search for it before posting and could not find anything.

*** I want to cut some vinyl wall art for my granddaughter for Christmas but I will not be able to hang it for her, I just want to give it as a gift so her mommy and daddy can hang it later.

Does anyone know how to do this? Best way to package it, wrap it, contain any lettering that has not been merged, etc.

Thank you to anyone who can help....

madgedfaad5fa2 Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 11:15:06 AM(UTC)
madgedfaad5fa2

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Im not sure if this is the correct way, but I would cut it (of course) and weed it. I would then put the transfer tape on it. Make sure it is all ready to just pull up the tape and stick to wall. Maybe give mommy and daddy the link to a "how to video" so that they can see the technique.

As for mailing I would roll it up loosely and stick it in a cardboard tube mailer. I purchased vinyl on line and it came in one.

Hope that helps.
Cindy J Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 10:06:49 PM(UTC)
Cindy J

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 48 post(s)
I'm not sure if this will help, but here's my thought:
Somebody recently ordered vinyl lettering from me but wanted the overall size larger than I can cut. I have a Create, which only cuts 6x12, and she wanted the total size to be 20x20. I was unable to do this in one cut/layout, so I cut the letters, using several layouts (not merged). Then,I weeded it and, BEFORE applying transfer tape, I laid it out side by side to make it the exact layout she wanted. Once I had everything straight and spaced accurately, I applied the transfer tape, peeled it off the original backing, and then placed it on the waxy side of freezer paper. I tested this with a small piece of scrap vinyl for a day. The freezer paper kept the adhesive sticky enough to apply to the wall, and yet slick enough to release the design when needed. I left the transfer tape on so she could simply peel and apply it herself (obviously if your daughter is young, you will still want to apply it).
To package it, I used the same method as the previous post: loosely rolled in a cardboard tube. I'm sure it would depend on the size since if it was small enough you could probably put it in a large envelope (manilla, photo mailer, etc.) with a thin cardboard inserted to keep it from getting bent.
She sent me a picture once she had it on her wall. I'm adding it here - perhaps it will give you a better idea of what I'm trying to say.
HTH.
Cindy J attached the following image(s):
20121130_01.jpg
info10a210c6 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 4:38:04 AM(UTC)
info10a210c6

I hope, Almost are like the Vinyl wall art, It will be also available in various sizes. Vinyl Wall Art decals let you change the look of your room as much as you like. What are the latest models and price details about it?

kids wall decor ideas
kids rooms decorating ideas