Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

DogMom Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:32:14 PM(UTC)
DogMom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 39 post(s)
The other day my phone wouldn't let me use my coup till i did the update for the app. Well guess what, Michaels coupons on our phones are now single use. That totally frustrates me. To me a sale is a sale. I work there and am becoming more and more dissapointed with their policies. Will do the bulk of my shopping at J's and Hob Lob, till they catch on. Oh, and M's will not accept total purchase %off coups. At least not in our area. Thanks for listening. Putting on my big girl panties and going to craft. Lol
Leahdax Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:59:44 PM(UTC)
Leahdax

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Bummer Mad I know the Michaels in my area won't take e-mail coupons from competitors. Guess they want to put a limit on coupon use.
Coah'sNana Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:47:31 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 13232 time(s) in 3713 post(s)
Hmmm, I don't use an app, but I do get the coupons on my phone by going to their weekly ads for my area. The coupons are good for a week and don't indicate they are single use. It says limited to one coupon per cusotmer per DAY. To mean that means I can use it 7 times, once each day for the week it is valid. Is that not true? Not that I go to Michael's that often, but just curious.
TeriE Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:48:16 PM(UTC)
TeriE

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
My Michaels's will only let you use one coupon per day. I tried to use a Michaels and a Joann's and was told one coupon per day per customer. I can use many at my Joann's. So I put one item back and only purchased the most expensive item with the 50% off coupon. It will definitely cut down on how much I spend there.
SheilaFennell Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:50:52 PM(UTC)
SheilaFennell

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 48 post(s)
We have a new M's closer to home and I have noticed a bit of "tightening up" on their coupon policy. I am disappointed too. Actually, I recently got a $5 "reward" off a purchase from them but it cannot include any sale items or clearance items. They are becoming a bit "grinch like"...he he.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:59:25 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1628 time(s) in 747 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DogMom Go to Quoted Post
The other day my phone wouldn't let me use my coup till i did the update for the app. Well guess what, Michaels coupons on our phones are now single use. That totally frustrates me. To me a sale is a sale. I work there and am becoming more and more dissapointed with their policies. Will do the bulk of my shopping at J's and Hob Lob, till they catch on. Oh, and M's will not accept total purchase %off coups. At least not in our area. Thanks for listening. Putting on my big girl panties and going to craft. Lol

How can they be single use?? how are they deleted or monitored so they cant be used again?

jscraftylady Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:07:14 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2034 time(s) in 1108 post(s)
Since the updated app requires you to login, I figured they would do this. How will they keep track of this? Is it with the barcode number?
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 12/6/2012(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:10:12 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
I thought they were all ONE TIME only. They always keep mine.

I don't like how so many of the businesses have their own little gimmicks....and, most of them aren't really giving us anything in the long run (not just craft stores; I'm talking grocery stores with their gas cards and other stores we frequent). I ABSOLUTELY HATE COUPONS!!!! Even when I have them there are so many exclusions on the back that they hardly work on anything you're buying. I just give mine away; I'll be they get given to someone else or are thrown away.

Coupons, in my estimation, drive up costs. I think it actually makes the businesses more money when they give them than when they don't.

Char
GracefulGrammar Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:30:34 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1628 time(s) in 747 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I thought they were all ONE TIME only. They always keep mine.

I don't like how so many of the businesses have their own little gimmicks....and, most of them aren't really giving us anything in the long run (not just craft stores; I'm talking grocery stores with their gas cards and other stores we frequent). I ABSOLUTELY HATE COUPONS!!!! Even when I have them there are so many exclusions on the back that they hardly work on anything you're buying. I just give mine away; I'll be they get given to someone else or are thrown away.

Coupons, in my estimation, drive up costs. I think it actually makes the businesses more money when they give them than when they don't.

Char

The OP is using smart phone coupons.........
 1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 12/6/2012(UTC)
Jen Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 9:03:08 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Confusing. I have the app on my phone and when I checked the bar code on the app coupon and when I do a search the bar code on the searched coupon from M's site is different. I don't sign in on my phone just click the icon or use the browser icon to search. Wonder if there are multiple bar codes for the app. Sounds like too much work for M's - lol.

I do agree there are lots of restrictions on coupons. I noticed on J's coupons the restriction says all cutting machines, cartridges and dies. I used to use coupons on sizzix dies at times. Oh well I can't find much when I go most of the time because either the stores have the same old thing or every thing I would have wanted to use a coupon on is aredy on sale for less then the coupon percentage any way.
Auntie Dene Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 6:47:47 AM(UTC)
Auntie Dene

United States

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 117 post(s)
I can only use one coupon at my M's that is why I don't shop there. I go to J's all the time the other week I used 7 or 8 coupons there and my VIP card. Michael's reward program is going away at the end of the year and that was a joke too.
jscraftylady Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 7:04:09 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2034 time(s) in 1108 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jen Go to Quoted Post
Confusing. I have the app on my phone and when I checked the bar code on the app coupon and when I do a search the bar code on the searched coupon from M's site is different. I don't sign in on my phone just click the icon or use the browser icon to search. Wonder if there are multiple bar codes for the app. Sounds like too much work for M's - lol.

I do agree there are lots of restrictions on coupons. I noticed on J's coupons the restriction says all cutting machines, cartridges and dies. I used to use coupons on sizzix dies at times. Oh well I can't find much when I go most of the time because either the stores have the same old thing or every thing I would have wanted to use a coupon on is aredy on sale for less then the coupon percentage any way.

If you are using an Apple device, you will soon have to update the app to use it and the update requires you to sign in. I don't know about the Android app.
LizVellali Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 1:33:35 PM(UTC)
LizVellali

United States

Was thanked: 4107 time(s) in 2294 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
If you are using an Apple device, you will soon have to update the app to use it and the update requires you to sign in. I don't know about the Android app.

That is true...I noticed this the other day as well. The coupon disappeared off my phone after I used it and it asked if I wanted to activate it now cause it was single use...but the next day I did notice I had another 40% off coupon on my phone....hmmmmm
bugalooney Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 1:40:30 PM(UTC)
bugalooney

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
so that is the plan with signing in
I have not updated the app on my phone after it updated on my ipad
thankfully I really don't need to add to my inventory and when I need something there is a Hobby Lobby and newer JoAnn near by and as they realize this affects their bottom line ( as coupons are intended to get us in the door) it will most likely change sometime in the future I feel that I am wasting time and gas if I were to go several times a week to get many items with the same coupon anyway

now I will free up a bit of space on my devices Cool and get rid of that update notice Laugh

Edited by user Friday, December 07, 2012 1:48:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: needed to finish posting my thoughs :)

TPthatsme Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 2:40:18 PM(UTC)
TPthatsme

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I have an iphone and I take a screen pic of the coupon and save it in my phone. Usally because it takes to long to find the coupon when i am in the store on that app. I have not had a problem using it that way and it worked for two different transactions.