Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jjiwant Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 9:39:07 PM(UTC)
jjiwant

Groups: Registered

I haven't used my gypsy in a long time and decided to use it and was told to update which I did and everything seemed to go okay. Now the gypsy is stuck on the loading screen and will not do anything else. I have tried to reset but nothing has changed. I have tried to find help but can't seem to find any help that has worked. I would appreciate any help as I would really like to start using the gypsy again!!!
PamellaWilcox Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 9:52:11 PM(UTC)
PamellaWilcox

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Angry You story is EXACTLY like mine! I can't even remember the last time I used my Gypsy but decided that I was going to update my E2, Imagine and Gypsy today. Took a few times before I finished all the updates for the Gypsy and wanted to load up the 2 Circle carts I have sitting here and each time I clicked on the Cricut icon it said it was "loading application" and then would jump right back to the opening screen.

Hope we get feedback.
Mercy Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 10:19:25 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Click the below link and follow the instructions in the last paragraph of 4C. Let us know the outcome.

http://main.cricut.com/c...TIPS-FOR-CALLING-PC.aspx
ohana Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 4:35:57 AM(UTC)
ohana

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hi guys! I know it seems like a lot to have to follow those steps to get it functional again, but the same exact thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. With Mercy and PC's help, I followed the steps and now have a fully functional G again. (BTW, Mercy's help alone was enough -- I really didn't need to talk to PC)...

Try it and post if you have problems and let us know!

Good luck!
 1 user thanked ohana for this useful post.
Mercy on 7/21/2012(UTC)
yayaphilly Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 7:20:05 AM(UTC)
yayaphilly

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I can't get my gypsy do anything I get the loading screen and it stays that way until it cuts off I tried following the steps but the gypsy or the cricut sync will not work. Crying
Mercy Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 1:17:44 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: yayaphilly Go to Quoted Post
I can't get my gypsy do anything I get the loading screen and it stays that way until it cuts off I tried following the steps but the gypsy or the cricut sync will not work. Crying

Tell us the steps that you did and what happened when you followed the steps?
jjiwant Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 5:13:42 AM(UTC)
jjiwant

Originally Posted by: Mercy Go to Quoted Post
Click the below link and follow the instructions in the last paragraph of 4C. Let us know the outcome.

http://main.cricut.com/c...TIPS-FOR-CALLING-PC.aspx

I would like to THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for your help with this!!!!! Yes, this did solve my non working, stuck on the loading screen Gypsy - YAY!!! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to backup any files that I had on the gypsy as it was stuck on the loading screen but because of this I will do backups in the future in case of a problem. Thank you again BigGrin
yayaphilly Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 7:50:39 AM(UTC)
yayaphilly

I work crazy hours at work and can't call so I can do the emails so this is what I done
I have my gypsy plug in an outlet and connected to the computer and then turn the cricut sync. The blue light come on and the gypsy loading screen stays that way until is shuts off and the sync say to restart the computer and if problem persist to let support which I've done and followed the steps and still nothing here is what sent back:

Thank you for emailing Customer Support.

We are sorry to hear about the issues that you have been having with your Gypsy. There are some troubleshooting steps that we can try. They are as follows:

*Just so you are aware this does erase Projects. If you do have projects we would like to recommend saving them on your desktop in a separate folder before you continue this process.

1) If you will plug your Gypsy into the computer and open up Cricut Sync

2) You are then going to select “Don’t Update Now” if it prompts you to update.

3) You will then go up to the “Help” option

4) You will then select “Troubleshooting”

5) There will be questions that will now show on the window. Will you please answer them as follows: Yes No No No Yes

6) It will then prompt you to put the Gypsy into recovery mode. You can do this by doing the following:

a. Hold down the bottom left silver button, right silver circle, and the power button all together. A blue screen will appear.

7) Once this troubleshooting process is finished we would like you disconnect your Gypsy and try designing with your Gypsy

If after doing this troubleshooting process it does not fix your issue then would we would like to recommend that you call the number below where a representative will be happy to walk you through further troubleshooting or the replacement procedure for your Gypsy.

Have a wonderful day
Mercy Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:20:05 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: jjiwant Go to Quoted Post
I would like to THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for your help with this!!!!! Yes, this did solve my non working, stuck on the loading screen Gypsy - YAY!!! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to backup any files that I had on the gypsy as it was stuck on the loading screen but because of this I will do backups in the future in case of a problem. Thank you again BigGrin

YAAAAYYYYYY!!! It worked! You're welcome and thank you for letting us know the outcome!

Until PC releases a fix to backup our files, it is nearly impossible to backup your files. So, please know, any file you create in the G, if a fix is not released, then know that you might have to recreate it again if the G throws another fit! :)
Mercy Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:31:23 AM(UTC)
Mercy

I work crazy hours at work and can't call so I can do the emails so this is what I done
I have my gypsy plug in an outlet and connected to the computer and then turn the cricut sync. The blue light come on and the gypsy loading screen stays that way until is shuts off and the sync say to restart the computer and if problem persist to let support which I've done and followed the steps and still nothing here is what sent back:

Thank you for emailing Customer Support.

We are sorry to hear about the issues that you have been having with your Gypsy. There are some troubleshooting steps that we can try. They are as follows:

*Just so you are aware this does erase Projects. If you do have projects we would like to recommend saving them on your desktop in a separate folder before you continue this process.

1) If you will plug your Gypsy into the computer and open up Cricut Sync

2) You are then going to select “Don’t Update Now” if it prompts you to update.

3) You will then go up to the “Help” option

4) You will then select “Troubleshooting”

5) There will be questions that will now show on the window. Will you please answer them as follows: Yes No No No Yes

6) It will then prompt you to put the Gypsy into recovery mode. You can do this by doing the following:

a. Hold down the bottom left silver button, right silver circle, and the power button all together. A blue screen will appear.

7) Once this troubleshooting process is finished we would like you disconnect your Gypsy and try designing with your Gypsy

If after doing this troubleshooting process it does not fix your issue then would we would like to recommend that you call the number below where a representative will be happy to walk you through further troubleshooting or the replacement procedure for your Gypsy.

Have a wonderful day

Try the below steps. They get you to reformatting and restoring but it will hopefully bypass the error messages. Let us know the outcome.

If Cricut Sync is still opened, exit out of Cricut Sync and then disconnect the cable from your computer. Restart your computer and your G. Connect your G to an electrical outlet. Open Cricut Sync without the cable connected to your computer in which you should get an error message with "Help" at the top of the window. Click "Help" click, yes, no, no, no and yes to erase everything on your Gypsy. It should instruct to connect your Gypsy and follow the instructions on the screen. Please know that all of your projects will be deleted and you will not be able to get them back.

yayaphilly Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 11:53:43 AM(UTC)
yayaphilly

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin Mercy that last step worked thank you I can start and use my gypsy only lost my projects but nothing I can't replace or redo. THANK YOU! For all the helpLOL
Mercy Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 12:22:27 PM(UTC)
Mercy

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin Mercy that last step worked thank you I can start and use my gypsy only lost my projects but nothing I can't replace or redo. THANK YOU! For all the helpLOL

Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!! Doing the happy dance with you!! Glad to hear it worked and now you can enjoy creating again! Thanks for letting us know the outcome! Enjoy!BigGrin
pattygobin3b396d6a Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 10:13:36 PM(UTC)
pattygobin3b396d6a

Like the others listed above, after installing the CricutSync, my Gypsy has completely locked up. Even by holding down the lower button on the left, the circle button on the right and the power button all at the same time, it remains on and is stuck on the Gypsy loading screen. It will not shut off. What am I doing wrong?
CricutGena Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 9:19:44 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 953 time(s) in 299 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pattygobin3b396d6a Go to Quoted Post
Like the others listed above, after installing the CricutSync, my Gypsy has completely locked up. Even by holding down the lower button on the left, the circle button on the right and the power button all at the same time, it remains on and is stuck on the Gypsy loading screen. It will not shut off. What am I doing wrong?

Hello Patty, please call customer service at 877-7cricut. We would be happy to help you restore your Gypsy!
-PCGena