Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Sherri Kay Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:35:14 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2315 time(s) in 2073 post(s)
I just made 2 posts today and each one had over 60 views and only 1 and 2 comments. I try to post something on most everyone's projects because I feel if they took the time to post it the least we could do is put a little something down. It just makes me feel like my work is crap and that is why I hardly post anymore. :(
 3 users thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
BELLA✿BUG on 11/28/2012(UTC), Shrek1970uk on 12/4/2012(UTC), sincitychix on 12/6/2012(UTC)
garagesaler Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:21:19 AM(UTC)
garagesaler

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2441 time(s) in 1961 post(s)
I'm sorry that happened to you. I try to leave comments when I view someone's project. They put a lot of hard work into it. It happens to me a lot too. I think people are busy and forget how nice it is to have someone leave a comment. Sometimes, people use the thank button instead but it still isn't the same as a real comment.
P.S. I just saw your wonderful projects, and left comments. You did a wonderful job on both!BigGrin

Edited by user Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:29:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked garagesaler for this useful post.
Sherri Kay on 11/28/2012(UTC), sincitychix on 12/6/2012(UTC)
♥Carol♥ Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:23:29 AM(UTC)
♥Carol♥

Was thanked: 2764 time(s) in 2201 post(s)
Ohhhhhhhhhh Sherri Kay ... I am so sorry that you were left with that feeling. It's a feeling I totally "get", and have felt myself several times.

As crafters, we love making our special creations ... they take a lot of work and creative energy (not to mention a lot of money too when you add up the total cost of machines, tools, embellishments and supplies), but they are also a lot of fun to make. For us, it's worth it in the end and we take pride in our completed projects.

We share our creations with fellow crafters because we do have pride in what we've accomplished, we want to inspire others, we want to show others how they have inspired us, we want the critique and helpful suggestions on ways to make our projects even better ... but we ALSO want some praise and validation from those that honestly understand the creativity, skill, time, energy, supplies, and LOVE involved to create each masterpiece. Without feedback, we begin to doubt the value of our work ... ESPECIALLY when we can clearly see that our projects have been viewed numerous times, and yet nobody bothers to make a comment of any kind ... not even a "TFS" or a smiley face. What a sad, empty and unappreciated feeling that is, and I feel badly that you experienced that.

But please don't feel too badly ... everyone seems to be in a wild, crazy rush these days with work, family, homes, crafting and numberous other responsibilities demanding our time. Plus, with the holidays here, our time is limited even more than ever! BTW, I'm not sure, but I believe that EVERY viewer is counted in the total views your post receives, including those that are here as guests and not logged in ... since guests cannot leave comments, your posts will always have a much higher views to comments ratio, so those numbers are misleading.

I am going to admit that I have been bad recently about visiting the project forums ... just look at all the fabulous creations I have been missing out on!!! I vow to do a better job at that and to leave comments too (I usually do, but time has been a precious commodity lately).

PLEASE do not view the lack of comments as personal or anything negative towards your lovely creations ... that is simply not the case at all. Your work is beautiful, creative and inspiring.

Now I am off to view some posts and leave comments for you, and others too, so you all know how much your creativity is appreciated!!!
 4 users thanked ♥Carol♥ for this useful post.
garagesaler on 11/28/2012(UTC), CRe8n4u on 11/28/2012(UTC), Sherri Kay on 11/30/2012(UTC), sincitychix on 12/6/2012(UTC)
BELLA✿BUG Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:06:14 AM(UTC)
BELLA✿BUG

Was thanked: 1372 time(s) in 856 post(s)
DON'T YOU DARE STOP POSTING YOUR CARDS!!!LOL LOL LOL I LOVE seeing them and they are full of inspiration! As a matter of fact, I just commented on a couple and on one of them, I had a "why didn't I think of that" momentBigGrin It makes me sad that you think your work is "crap". My cards are special to ME, because I made them. If 10 people like it enough to comment or only 1 person comments, I think my card is special either way. I do try to comment on everyone's cards, but to be honest, there are a few that seem to only post cards and rarely comment on others. It's a two-way street, so I admit...I do hold back on commenting on those few.Blushing
Keep those cards coming, Sherri!!!
 2 users thanked BELLA✿BUG for this useful post.
Sherri Kay on 11/30/2012(UTC), sincitychix on 12/6/2012(UTC)
Sherri Kay Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:45:03 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2315 time(s) in 2073 post(s)
Thank you so much for validating my feelings on this. It's just that if I can take the time to comment, I know others can too. It seems like they only comment on a certain few and that's it. The reason I made this post was because a while back someone else did the same thing. She felt so bad because there were so many views but no comments being left. People complain that there are hardly no posts, but yet they don't leave feedback when we do post our accomplishments.
 1 user thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
sincitychix on 12/6/2012(UTC)
jojoy Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:22:46 AM(UTC)
jojoy

United States

Was thanked: 8883 time(s) in 3087 post(s)
I think many of us have had that feeling. You see that so many took the time to open it, but then nothing. But I always appreciate the comments I do get. Even if it is a very short message, I will still try to post something. Like you said, someone took the time to post their work and alot went into making it. I decided awhile ago that I'm not going to let that discourage me. I hope you do the same.
 2 users thanked jojoy for this useful post.
CanadaJanice Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:12:58 AM(UTC)
CanadaJanice

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 66 post(s)
I often forget to login before entering the MB, and then usually don't bother because I get irritated when the site kicks me back out and I have to navigate my way back to the post. Not a huge deal, but it still drives me nuts. So, I don't comment very often.

1 user thanked CanadaJanice for this useful post.
Sherri Kay on 11/30/2012(UTC)
Joyce H. Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:43:49 PM(UTC)
Joyce H.

United States

Was thanked: 198 time(s) in 156 post(s)
[Crying Crying That happens to me all the time. I'm not very confident in my work, so it makes it worse for me, but that part is mt fault. I at least put smiley faces in the reply. So the person that posted their creativity knows I did see it and liked and apprecated ther work.Crying Crying

Edited by user Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:57:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: forgot something

2 users thanked Joyce H. for this useful post.
stampwishes Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:19:40 PM(UTC)
stampwishes

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 102 post(s)
I tend to view the boards at work and a lot of the times when I get into the post, I can see the text but I cannot see the projects. I think it is a security thing here at work. Not sure. Anyway,consequently, no comments. Please don't stop posting projects as I do enjoy them (and post comments) when I am able.
 1 user thanked stampwishes for this useful post.
TatianaBelova Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:09:10 PM(UTC)
TatianaBelova

Was thanked: 2509 time(s) in 1440 post(s)
Sherri Kay. I am with you. I spent so much time on this MB, it used to be so much fun with big traffic, lots of comments, I used to comment on every card. It has changed so much. I was addicted to this MB, acquired a few very valuable friends, almost all of them are now gone from this MB. I don't know why but I felt so frustrated when my cards got lost on the 2nd, 3rd page after just 1-2 comments and hundreds of views.

This is very sad, I know I make my cards for myself to be pleased and not for comments. but I was so anticipating what other people have to say.
I just made a very hard decision about a month ago, I am still making cards but stopped posting them here. I have to admit I feel better.

I hope I will come back and all other members who used to be here will come back too.

Tatiana
 2 users thanked TatianaBelova for this useful post.
MaryStillman Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:34:14 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1210 time(s) in 763 post(s)
I don't come on here so much anymore, but the cards forum is about my favorite place to go because it's totally about the craft!

Thanks so much for the reminder to comment or thank someone who has posted a project. I am guilty of not thanking or commenting.

I hope you continue to post your projects! I love looking at what you and all the others have been working on.

Mary
 1 user thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
cricaholic Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:10:12 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1172 time(s) in 667 post(s)
ThumpUp Because your BEAUTIFUL CREATIVITY inspires others!!!!!!
Wink don't worry about lack of comments....in some ways its just as well.....some comments can be rude......its better to be inspired by the "looky loos" at least someone looked....than a comment they may leave.
Tongue "A PICTURE SAYS A THOUSAND WORDS"

Blushing I don't leave comments because I'm TIRED of the "security warning" and the "server error" ......
LOL but I look... and that INSPIRES ME!!!
 2 users thanked cricaholic for this useful post.
stampwishes Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:12:42 PM(UTC)
stampwishes

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cricaholic Go to Quoted Post
ThumpUp Because your BEAUTIFUL CREATIVITY inspires others!!!!!!
Wink don't worry about lack of comments....in some ways its just as well.....some comments can be rude......its better to be inspired by the "looky loos" at least someone looked....than a comment they may leave.
Tongue "A PICTURE SAYS A THOUSAND WORDS"

Blushing I don't leave comments because I'm TIRED of the "security warning" and the "server error" ......
LOL but I look... and that INSPIRES ME!!!

I was just coming on to say the same things about the security warnings, server errors, forum errors, "you can't post for another x number of seconds, the red "x" posts, etc. Very frustrating to try to post comments with these. But, I also LOVE to come on here and look and be inspired!
 2 users thanked stampwishes for this useful post.
Sherri Kay on 11/30/2012(UTC), letypedroza on 12/3/2012(UTC)
CaraLynn Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 4:54:32 PM(UTC)
CaraLynn

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I am guilty. I often look but do not send anything. I didnt realize people actually read the comments. I will now do it faithfully. Thanks to all who post.
 1 user thanked CaraLynn for this useful post.
World.Of.Hoard-Craft Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:25:12 PM(UTC)
World.Of.Hoard-Craft

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
My experience on the Cricut forums is as follows.
Page freezes.
Refresh.
Maybe have to log in again, maybe not.
Page freezes.
Refresh again.
Close tab, reopen another, and try to sign in again.
Run AntiVirus scan.
Restart computer.
Repeat entire process.

I can never find the page I was just on. So its possible that I saw a picture, but couldn't comment on it, and then coudn't find it again.
As I typed this, I got a forum error.

Don't take it personal, I'm sure more people would comment if this board was better.
 2 users thanked World.Of.Hoard-Craft for this useful post.
Sherri Kay on 11/30/2012(UTC), monajlo on 12/2/2012(UTC)
jjmm Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 5:11:01 AM(UTC)
jjmm

Was thanked: 193 time(s) in 169 post(s)
Please don't feel like crap. I look at the lovely cards and layouts here every chance I get. Time is just always against me and I don't respond. But please don't stop sharing. Uncrafty people like me need crafty people like you. Merry Christmas.
 1 user thanked jjmm for this useful post.
Sherri Kay on 12/2/2012(UTC)
~JD~ Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 1:32:57 PM(UTC)
~JD~

United States

Was thanked: 1168 time(s) in 909 post(s)
You know this has happened to me so many times & it hurts! I know it does. I think it's mean that people look & don't comment.
I also have posts where it's been viewed 100 times & only 1 or 2 comments. So I totally know where your coming from on this. I feel that when we comment on someone's post it gives them more encouragement to make more cards or whatever the craft might be. For those who think a comment doesn't matter, well, your so very wrong because it really matters.

I read a lot of the comments that people leave on the cards, actually that's what I do when I'm bored LOL.

So PLEASE keep posting your cards on here becaue if I'm looking I WILL comment.
 1 user thanked ~JD~ for this useful post.
FionaWallace Offline
#18 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 2:40:15 PM(UTC)
FionaWallace

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I'm ashamed to admit I'm guilty of not always leaving comments. There are so many fabulous projects posted here and I feel very intimidated at the talents of so many of you. I just get carried away looking at them all so tend to forget to comment. I'll certainly remember in future as I know so many put such a lot of effort into projects. BigGrin
 2 users thanked FionaWallace for this useful post.
Sherri Kay on 12/2/2012(UTC), letypedroza on 12/3/2012(UTC)
Michele Pryor Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 4:21:17 PM(UTC)
Michele Pryor

United States

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 33 post(s)
I must say I am guilty of that as well. I have dial up and the time it take to make my blog post and then come here to look and to post well half my day will be gone. I love to look at all the beautiful things you and others have made. So I need to take more time and let others know how beautiful their things really are no matter how long it takes. As we all know our creations take a lot of time and effort, so we need to be respectful of that.
Thanks for the wake up call!!!
 1 user thanked Michele Pryor for this useful post.
Soshescraps Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 8:28:29 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1091 time(s) in 871 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sherri Kay Go to Quoted Post
I just made 2 posts today and each one had over 60 views and only 1 and 2 comments. I try to post something on most everyone's projects because I feel if they took the time to post it the least we could do is put a little something down. It just makes me feel like my work is crap and that is why I hardly post anymore. :(

I TOTALLY understand how you feel. I feel that way too about my blog. Sometimes no one even views my posts. In all honestly I feel like shutting it down. Some blogs have tons of comments. I am very appreciative of the one or two views that I do get and the couple of comments that roll in. But in all honestly, I am ready to quit the blog thing, LOL!!

However, I really do love sharing my work regardless of the amount of views and comments I get. But to have people view your work and leave comments is really a nice feeling.

Cheer up things will get better and keep sharing your wonderful works of art!
 2 users thanked Soshescraps for this useful post.
Sherri Kay on 12/2/2012(UTC), letypedroza on 12/3/2012(UTC)
monajlo Offline
#21 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:06:25 PM(UTC)
monajlo

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Your work is lovely! I came in from wherever it is we lurk, just to answer you. I quit signing in a looooong time ago, because it is such a pain to do so. Sometimes I get to log in, sometimes not. Sometimes have to change my password, sometimes not. Ever since this site change awhile back. it's been no fun. That said, I still look. Every day. As a guest. It's a lot easier to not fight the log in process that way. Please keep posting!
 1 user thanked monajlo for this useful post.
Emerald Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:18:26 PM(UTC)
Emerald

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: In the shop my DH is sharing with me to create! Love the space.

Was thanked: 591 time(s) in 547 post(s)
Sherri
Please Don't Stop Posting Pics!!!
I am a viewer and it seems so redundant on my part to say
Awesome! or Beautiful! or Sweet! cause that is how I
view posts of talented artists.
So I don't leave too many comments, and I should!!!
I am not alone in that so please keep sharing
your creations with us...please.
And hopefully by the thank yous or the views, you will
know we care enough to view and appreciate!
From one learning this craft

1 user thanked Emerald for this useful post.
Sherri Kay on 12/3/2012(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#23 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 11:41:58 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
I think it's so much harder to post a comment now with the boards not working right. I used to stay loged in all day and would pop in and out and always leave a reply, but not any more. I'm usually not signed in when I'm on, but I don't know if that shows up as a hit or not.

Dee
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Sherri Kay on 12/3/2012(UTC)
monajlo Offline
#24 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 8:44:41 PM(UTC)
monajlo

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just for fun I logged in again tonight. Guess what! Another new password for me!
letypedroza Offline
#25 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 10:38:17 PM(UTC)
letypedroza

Was thanked: 204 time(s) in 139 post(s)
I am so sorry you feel that way. I feel the same way, I have posted pics and I don't even get a Thank on them. I even tried to to start a recipe OT in the chat forum and no one commented or even a thank it. So now I'm a lurker. I do leave Thanks though. I hope you see the Thanks as reafirmation!

Edited by user Monday, December 03, 2012 10:41:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked letypedroza for this useful post.
♥Carol♥ on 12/4/2012(UTC), Sherri Kay on 12/6/2012(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#26 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 10:26:26 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Was thanked: 1546 time(s) in 1438 post(s)
I have definitely noticed the amount of traffic here on the MB has been dwindling the last year or so. I quit posting pictures of my projects almost a year ago because of few if any comments. I still love coming back here though almost every day to look at what others have posted and try to comment on most of them. I definitely don't comment on every one of them. I just don't have enough time to do them all. But I want everyone to know that I love looking at what you have done. I have to agree with cricaholic that even though you don't get comments, at least people looked.

Right now I have not been doing much crafting since last April. So haven't had anything much to post. When I get back to it again, I'll try my hand again at posting and see how it goes.

I enjoy seeing what every one creates here. There are a lot of very talented people and I LOVE seeing what you do. You give me so much inspiration.

1 user thanked ValerieSchomburg for this useful post.
Sherri Kay on 12/6/2012(UTC)
cc67 Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 3:43:34 AM(UTC)
cc67

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 188 post(s)
I myself don't post here very often and many of the people who shared the MB with me no longer post here, but I don't know why. I've found the same thing - views and no comments or very little views because I'm not familiar to many of the current members. Facebook groups have taken some of us away; they are smaller groups and everyone either likes or comments on everything, so it's more an instant gratification type of thing, I believe. I will be posting some Christmas cards soon. I'm going to search you out, Sherri, to see your work - and I will comment, promise.
 1 user thanked cc67 for this useful post.
sincitychix Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 11:00:30 AM(UTC)
sincitychix

Was thanked: 468 time(s) in 211 post(s)
I feel the same way. I haven't been on in a while and I get so FRUSTRATED Cursing when I click on the posts and they have NOTHING Huh to do with CRICUT! I enjoy looking at your projects and would encourage you to keep posting! Chin up!
 1 user thanked sincitychix for this useful post.
NCScrapAddict Offline
#29 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 8:43:18 PM(UTC)
NCScrapAddict

Was thanked: 1155 time(s) in 623 post(s)
All of us feel your pain. I remember the days when I would stay on this MB for hours, and would comment on 50 posts per day at least. It's just not what it used to be. In fact, when I logged in just now, it showed that there were 45 guests viewing the cards section alone. Wow! Obviously, guests are not commenting. I'm sure there are many reasons that people don't log in and comment. I am guilty myself. The main issue is that you can't stay logged in, and another big issue is that you can only comment once every 30 seconds or so. It is ridiculous. There is no other site that makes you do this.

With that said, I don't even come here everyday anymore. I try to log in once a week or maybe twice at the most, and when I do, I try to comment on at least a few cards.

1 user thanked NCScrapAddict for this useful post.
Sherri Kay on 12/8/2012(UTC)
sandandsurf Offline
#30 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 7:30:29 AM(UTC)
sandandsurf

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
So Sorry - I know how you feel but all I can say is that I think we all get busy and sometimes I am terrible about looking at everyones cards and layouts then I get an idea for my own and jump off the computer straight to my scrapbook table before I lose my idea. But the pics ARE appreciated and they definately motivate me. I look at peoples posts almost daily! I will try harder to make sure I put a "good job" in there more oftenBlushing
 1 user thanked sandandsurf for this useful post.
Sherri Kay on 12/11/2012(UTC)