Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<45678>»
CheekyMonkey Offline
#151 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:12:58 AM(UTC)
CheekyMonkey

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ann Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,hope you are well today.
As for the imagine,i sold mine with 13 cartridges and extras for £275!!.it started off at £450 but had no takers,i needed funds and just wanted rid to be honest.If you look on our famous auction site there are quite a few for sale at stupidly low prices,you might be better off selling it privately or putting it on Preloved,free to sell on there too.
I hope you can get a good price for it whatever you doThumpUp

WOW someone got a bargain for that price! Thanks for the idea to sell on preloved not heard of them before. ThumpUp
Ann Offline
#152 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:20:10 AM(UTC)
Ann

Was thanked: 197 time(s) in 168 post(s)
I am a total flake today! Meant to fill you in on the ebosserLOL ,i have had a little bit of playtime,used cuttlebug embossing folders,Tim Holtz bigs Sizzix dies and Spellbinders dies(cut only),will try out some other dies and folders later,the ones i have used work fine,hav'nt figured out the sandwich for embossing spellbinders as there are no instructions in the little booklet,also no instructions for the spellbinders mbossabilities folders or the Cuttlebug cut and emboss folders.I have found the motor quite noisy on it and it does'nt look as nice as the other manual machines i have,still on the fence about keeping it right now.
My son Tez got back from his travels this morning,gone to bed already,absolutely worn out,i think the time difference has caught up with himSleep Sleep ,great to see him,he looks really well but has suffered with sinus troubles the whole time he was in Thailand,so humid over there.
Anyway folks,must go for now.Take Care xx
*Karel* Offline
#153 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:40:12 PM(UTC)
*Karel*

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ann Go to Quoted Post
I am a total flake today! Meant to fill you in on the ebosserLOL ,i have had a little bit of playtime,used cuttlebug embossing folders,Tim Holtz bigs Sizzix dies and Spellbinders dies(cut only),will try out some other dies and folders later,the ones i have used work fine,hav'nt figured out the sandwich for embossing spellbinders as there are no instructions in the little booklet,also no instructions for the spellbinders mbossabilities folders or the Cuttlebug cut and emboss folders.I have found the motor quite noisy on it and it does'nt look as nice as the other manual machines i have,still on the fence about keeping it right now.
My son Tez got back from his travels this morning,gone to bed already,absolutely worn out,i think the time difference has caught up with himSleep Sleep ,great to see him,he looks really well but has suffered with sinus troubles the whole time he was in Thailand,so humid over there.
Anyway folks,must go for now.Take Care xx

Ann

The sandwich for the embossabilities is from bottom up D E B embossabilities with paper and then C

Karel

Ann Offline
#154 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:08:24 PM(UTC)
Ann

Thanks Karel,i managed to find some info online and have now had a go at all the different dies and folders i own,most were fine but the sandwich got stuck after the spellbinders die cut,i could'nt free it at all but then pushed the small white bits up inside the opening and it made the motor work to expel it,it also spat the sandwich out once,i am not happy with how it cuts the cheery lynn dies,they are not cutting out all the intricate bits very well but i am going to persevere as i like it. I am feeling a bit wary of selling my GC at the moment in case the ebosser stops working for some reason but am happy to sell the cuttlebug.There have been some really bad reviews online,also some good ones.Have you ever had a sandwich jam in the machine?
Need to go to bed now as i am getting up early to go to NewquaySleep
Ang Offline
#155 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 12:10:01 AM(UTC)
Ang

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Morning all,
Hope everyone had a good weekend, weather was very mixed in somerset. Wet friday and a dry day saturday, but the best day of the weekend was sunday, lovely clear sunny sky although it did go cold.

Ref the Imagine Machines, they are going for silly money on ebay - saw one go for as little as £75. it didnt have any carts with it but that is so low when you think of what we all paid at the launch!

Hows everyone doing with their christmas cards? Hoping to get a few more done today now the site has gone a bit quieter, but time will tell.

Take care all

Ang
Ann Offline
#156 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 3:17:54 AM(UTC)
Ann

Morning all,hope you had a good weekend.
We all went to cornwall yesterday to scatter mum's ashes,it was very emotional and the sadness reared it's head again for a time,my brother did'nt stay long as his father in law was rushed into hospital last week and had a major op on his stomach,he then had a stroke of some kind whilst in hospital and is now on a ventilator,does'nt sound very good,so he has got to be there for his family right now,i feel sorry for him as we are both still grieving for mum.
The day stayed dry luckily but it was bitterly cold,we scattered the ashes at Roche Rock,anyone who knows Cornwall might know where and what it is,mum was from that area originally,and when she was a child she used to climb it,many happy hours were spent there for her so she has gone home now,i feel happy we did it there.
No time to craft yesterday as we did'nt get home until 9pm,still on the fence about the ebosser,i think i will keep it but need a formula for cutting Cheery Lynn's successfully,the rest seem good,i am not impressed with the quality of the A plate(the top one) looks like i have had it for months and used it regularly,very scratched and buckled already so might have to invest in a spare,the A4 embossing folder that comes with it is lovely though and i will look for more,at the moment they are pricey at around £15 each.
No news on my Artiste cart yet,looking forward to recieving it soon.
Anyway all,take care and stay warmSmile
Shadow Offline
#157 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:19:57 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 206 post(s)
Hi all - it's raining cats 'n dogs here - absolutely peeing down. It's not deterring Amber though - she's a right outdoor baby.

Anybody interested in the PoD - the Cricut Mini - can't believe I like it and am waivering! Good price and can see me using it at the caravan seeing as it's usable with Mac and I have a little Macbook.

Watch this space LOL LOL

Pauline x
redstar Offline
#158 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:31:31 AM(UTC)
redstar

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)
hi everyone , its raining cats and dogs in spaldingMad , lovely has its my day off , i got my parcel from usa and its the artiste, just having a look through. to be fair im liking the mini i hate to say LOL i couldnt get on with the ds got so mad with it . the mini looks very easy. got to be good. eonder if you can download the craft room on the tablet

have agreat day xxxxx

clare
Ann Offline
#159 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:41:00 AM(UTC)
Ann

Hi Pauline and anyone else looking in this morningSmile I am wondering if you have ordered the cricut mini yet? I hav'nt looked at any shows except the recorded one from a couple of weeks back when it was launched,it really did'nt float my boat in the slightest which is good for my bank balanceLOLDid i hear something about not being able to use carts in the craft room if they are linked to a gypsy? All mine are linked so it would be useless me getting the mini if i have understood correctly,might have got it all wrong ofcourse as i am so untechno(if that's a word!),it's unbelievable in this day and age i knowLOL
I have decided to keep the ebosser,managed to cut Cheery Lynn's after finding a different platform combo,still had to pass through twice though,am now selling my Cuttlebug but am keeping GC for now,just incase the ebosser goes wrong,as we all know these new machines generally dont come completely without there issues but will sell it if i am 100% sure about my new toy.
No news about my Artiste cart,emailed to find out when i can expect it but had no reply yetThumbDown
My daughter Mel and myself have booked tickets for saturday to see Breaking Dawn pt2,cant wait as i am a avid Twilight fan,read the books so i know what to expect and have heard off someone at school that it is the best of the films,should be good.
Anyway,dont think i have anymore to say right now,might see when the next mini show is on,see if i can be converted tooLOL Take Care and have a great day x
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#160 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:05:46 AM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 916 post(s)
Originally Posted by: redstar Go to Quoted Post
hi everyone , its raining cats and dogs in spaldingMad , lovely has its my day off , i got my parcel from usa and its the artiste, just having a look through. to be fair im liking the mini i hate to say LOL i couldnt get on with the ds got so mad with it . the mini looks very easy. got to be good. eonder if you can download the craft room on the tablet

have agreat day xxxxx

clare

Hi ClareBigGrin
Just to clarify, the CCR doesn't work well on a tablet as the OS (operating system) is different, so no point trying...been there done that LOL LOL
Hugs
Adele
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#161 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:07:36 AM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Shadow Go to Quoted Post
Hi all - it's raining cats 'n dogs here - absolutely peeing down. It's not deterring Amber though - she's a right outdoor baby.

Anybody interested in the PoD - the Cricut Mini - can't believe I like it and am waivering! Good price and can see me using it at the caravan seeing as it's usable with Mac and I have a little Macbook.

Watch this space LOL LOL

Pauline x

Hi SweetieWub Wub
The mini is over priced as usual....it's only $129 not £129 as here, so I'd think twice if I were you
Hugs
Adele
Ann Offline
#162 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:20:52 AM(UTC)
Ann

Hi all,just thought i would tell you that despite the fact that i really was'nt interested in the mini,i have given in and ordered it!! i watched a few videos on you tube and had'nt realised that it could be used just with the gypsy,also i can just put a cartridge in without having it linked to CCR so have got it on flexi pay and can return it if i dont like it.Before you all say it,I KNOW I AM MADLOL
Anyone else bought it?
Ann Offline
#163 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:22:18 AM(UTC)
Ann

Forgot to say,i just renewed my c+c club last week so got an extra £10 off!!
Gadget girl Offline
#164 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:01:14 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Hi all
I have been looking at the mini yet again but still not sure. I was using CCR at the time with my Imagine and having issues having to switch off and on numerous times etc. I love the size that it is A4 page and so small but not sure that they have got the Gypsy working with it yet. So if you cant get online then you can't use it. You dont have to link carts just have to plug them in etc. I have ben keeping an eye on the Mini MB. I think my next machine is going to be the other one. Cricut have come up too little and way to late for me.

All the things they offer are over priced as compared to the US.

I still dont understand why we have to pay customs. Its all to do with PC not setting things up properly for us in different countries.

So will probably wait and see what others have to say about it. Susan

Gadget girl Offline
#165 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:28:58 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Have you got one then Adele. If so what is it like? Does the gypsy work with it?

Hope you are feeling better. Susan xx
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#166 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 12:34:10 PM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Gadget girl Go to Quoted Post
Have you got one then Adele. If so what is it like? Does the gypsy work with it?

Hope you are feeling better. Susan xx

Hi SusanLove
No, I don't need a smaller cutter I still have my Craft Robo BigGrin
I am feeling a little better, though still not able to see very wellSad
Thanks for asking sweetieBigGrin
Hope all is well with you and your Family
Hugs
Adele
Ang Offline
#167 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:09:23 PM(UTC)
Ang

Hi all,
Saw the Mini on C&C must admit I am not tempted, I really please with the Cameo at the moment and learning how to use that!

What horrid weather we are having down here in the SW and there is supposed to be a lot more to come over night and over the next few days! Yet strangely enough we have taken more bookings for 2013 over the last couple of days so perhaps people are cheering themselves up by planning ahead for next spring/summer!

Adele- glad to see you around - hows your grand-daughter bet she is growing fast!

Susan - did you finish your essay?

Ann - not sure if you saw the crochet programme on C&C this afternoon - I caught a mins of it, and they were talking about 'hot felting' - I thought of you because I know you bought a felting machine. Didn't catch all the ins and out but it was something about putting the crocheted item in a hot wash with something heavy and basically once the machine stopped you took it out to dry immediately. Loved the crochet bags they were making but did think the kit price a bit OTT.

Anyway, take care all

Ang
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#168 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:42:01 PM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Ang Go to Quoted Post

Adele- glad to see you around - hows your grand-daughter bet she is growing fast!

Ang

Hi AngLove
Shayleigh is one and started walking about a month ago, she toddles around every where, she is just so cuteLOL LOL
Monique will be 15 in April, Shayleigh will be twice her size at that age.
Monique is tiny like me, I'm 4'10", Monique is 4'4" though still may grow a bit...hopefully, poor love LOL LOL
Thanks for asking hunnie
Hope all is well with you & your Family too ThumpUp
Hugs
Adele
Ann Offline
#169 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:24:26 PM(UTC)
Ann

Thanks Ang for thinking of me re:Hot Felting.I am in the process of selling my felting machine as i have only used it once and that was only to try it out,not one of my better purchases,nothing wrong with it,just an impulse buy that is taking up space in my craft room.
Looking forward to getting the mini as i dont have a small machine anymore except the Slice but am limited to max 4 inches and the design cards are expensive,thinking of selling it.
Adele,lovely to see you with us againWub
Anyway,going to catch up on my soaps before bedSleep
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9 Offline
#170 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 4:04:59 AM(UTC)
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi all i have not been on for a few days as been cutting out things for my brownies to do for tommrow we are off down to London with 22 of them to see Buckingham Palace and to go to guide Hq which next to the palace ,God help any one in the carrage on the train with us , my friend now lives down there and was ment to meet us but now cant so has sent her husband i hope he knows what he is letting himself in for , he does do scouts so should be ok .

Ann if you could let me know how you get on with the artist cart i wounder how easty the boxes are to make or if any one else could say i have found a sizzix die that is now retired that makes little boxes so am keeping an eye out for one i think it was 654696 and it made a little tiny box that you could put a sweet in . people are selling allready cut ones on ebay but wnet it for a district or division event so need to cut about 300 so that is were my thinking of the die.
Hope all of you are further iomn than i am with making xmas cards not got many done and use about 90 so any quick ideas appreaciated could do with just a simple cut and fold this year as so busy with other things .
Hope all are keeping well in this horrid weather it was so black here by 4.30 i had to do a double take on the clock yesterday .
Ann Offline
#171 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 4:05:03 AM(UTC)
Ann

Good Morning all.We have a lovely bit of sunshine here todayThumpUp Hope it's good where you are.
I sold my felting machine!!ThumpUp As it happens the lady who bought it has family in Bristol,they are supposed to be getting in contact to arrange collection,i'm very happy to get rid of something else taking up space in my tiny craft room,and ofcourse the money helps tooLOL
My cricut mini is estimated to be here on tuesday(27th),probably be monday,i will let you know what i think of it after a test run.
My Artiste cart was sent on monday so should be here soon,i am interested in making table decs for crimbo and there are a few things on this cart suitable,definitely a keeper.
I see that c+c have flexi pay on some things where you dont have to pay in December,very cunning way of getting business,there really is nothing else i want at the moment,had some nice new toys recentlyLOL
Looking forward to the cinema tomorrow with Mel,then after, we can have a scout around town if time allows,it would be nice as i hardly ever go to town these days.
Anyway,as usual i need to get ready for school.Take Care all x
Ang Offline
#172 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:34:37 AM(UTC)
Ang

Morning all,

What a horrible few days we have had! and its supposed to be coming back - it can stay away we dont want the rain and wind down here!!

Has anyone purchased the cd's that are available for the cameo to get the shapes etc C&C have a couple and was wondering if they were worthwhile, or do you just do your own or buy online?

Watched the C&C a bit yesterday but nothing is shouting at me at the momnet, and i keep getting asked what i would like for christmas so i was after inspiration really.

hope everyone is staying dry and well

Ang
Ann Offline
#173 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:04:35 AM(UTC)
Ann

Morning Ang.There are loads of cd's on our famous auction site for the cameo,you will probably find them in the Craft Robo section,they will specify what machines you can use them in and there are some beautiful designs,love my cameo,just need more time to play.
I checked my c+c account this morning and my mini is out for delivery to the courier,that was about 5ish this morning so dont know if that means it is coming today or not? That's with HERMES,not sure if they deliver on saturdays.
My daughter and i are going out around 11ish to town so hope it comes by then,they may not be anyone in if it needs signing for.
The weather here today is miserable,very wet and misty,the sort where you get very wet very quickly,if that makes sense!I think brolly's are in order definitelyLOL
Going to say bye for now and get some brekkie.
Take Care all and have a good dayThumpUp
Ann Offline
#174 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:38:57 PM(UTC)
Ann

hi all! My mini came this morning after we went out but was just left in my porch,luckily it's secure and dry in there,i have had a liitle play with it and cut the Thank You card they tell you to start with,works really well,you even get some cardstock to do your first cuts with,i like it at the moment,very small and light so i wont have a problem finding a home for it in my craft room,will be selling my slice now and going to take a risk and sell my GC too as the ebosser seems to be working fine aswell,need to find the money to cover the cost of my new toysLOL
Breaking Dawn pt2 was amazing,loved it,by far the best of the Twilight saga since New Moon,wish i could go and see it again but will have to wait until the dvd comes out,probably around mothers day as my daughter bought me pt1 this year.
Anyone been doing any crafting? I have to go and cut crackers for school this weekend as they are being decorated on thursday so will need to use the expression for that,cold craft room here i comeThumbDown Actually might just bring the machine downstaires where it's warmThumpUp
Just registered the mini,not sure if i get reward points or not,am off to have a look!
Shadow Offline
#175 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:26:27 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi Ann - I've sent you a pm.

Pauline x
Shadow Offline
#176 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:12:19 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi all - lovely day here after a rough start.

Amber's lost her first baby tooth (doing happy dance) Cool Cool That's one less to sink into my hands. LOL LOL Looks like they lose them like babies - top front tooth's gone!

Our Mark went to see Breaking Dawn the other night - he said it was brilliant too! Must get round to going.

TTFN

Pauline x
Ang Offline
#177 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 4:28:21 PM(UTC)
Ang

Good evening everyone,
I am so pleased we live on the top of a hill with all this rain. We overlook the Somerset Levels & moors, and if you have seen the news at all over the last couple of days you may have seen the flooding - the lane leading to us has flooded several times but thankfully the ditches have taken a lot of the water. Hopefully, everyone is surviving this weather - its supposed to be heading north tonight not sure if the north can take any more rain though!
Thinking of everyone and hoping everyone is safe and sound!

Can anyone tell me when using the cameo - I believe you can cut other peoples software images, so for instance if using Craft Artist and Cameo - do you import images into the cameo software or use craft artist and cut from there? Hopefully I have explained what I mean correctly! I have looked through the cameo instructions but couldn't see it anywhere.

Was anyone been tempted with the black Friday sales?

take care everyone

Ang
Shadow Offline
#178 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:24:28 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi there. Lovely day here. Been watching all the floods in Somerset/South Wales/North Yorks - I really feel for all those poor folks who've lost everything - and some of them have been through it all before . Luckily we've been bypassed this time - had heavy rain but not the flooding type. We live at top of a hill, so it doesn't bother us, but the valley at the bottom always gets it badly. 4 ft of water last time OhMyGod

Ann - have pm'd you - your in-box is full LOL LOL

Pauline x
Ann Offline
#179 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:55:38 AM(UTC)
Ann

Pauline,my inbox is now empty!Smile
Ang Offline
#180 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:55:44 AM(UTC)
Ang

Hi all

Lovely sunny day here today, but no matter which direction we look in there is water still. The Somerset Levels look like the sea at the moment! Getting around is ok as long as you dont mind taking the long way around sometimes!

Hope everyone else has survived the rain/water ok.

Well, as Christmas is getting nearer we are getting ready for Turkey & Tinsel evenings - so by the time Christmas gets here i will be well and truely fed up with the decorations!

Havent had much time to use the machines at the moment, but hopefully will this afternoon/evening

take care all

Ang