Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

31 Pages«<2021222324>»
scrappinchic Offline
#631 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 5:10:07 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Love the song GrandmaJ! I sure hope Bitsy can come home real soon!
 1 user thanked scrappinchic for this useful post.
grandmaJ on 11/10/2012(UTC)
Jamiemn Offline
#632 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 6:11:18 AM(UTC)
Jamiemn

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Morning girls -

Off to work today for 6 hours for OT. DOn't expect it to be busy so it should be good. Have groceries afterwords, housework and all the normal weekend chores. Good thing we are off on Monday for the holiday

Have some extra though this weekend. My nieces father has been living with us forthe last year and my hubby threw him out yesterday. Not going into it all, but you can't help someone who doesn't want to help himself. We have wasted another year of our lives trying to help him and I am done. I'm so ready to get our lives back to our normal :)

Off to get ready for work - hope everyone has a good day
Heart2hand Offline
#633 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 6:56:09 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 544 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Jamie...sorry you had to work today. Prayers are with you and DH...it's hard to help someone that isn't willing to help themselves. YOU can only do so much and the rest is up to them. Don't let it get you down...it had to happen sooner or later, right? Enjoy the new freedom of having your home back and living the way you have before.

HUGS and prayers
rhonda
scrappinchic Offline
#634 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 6:40:56 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning!

I have went back and these are the ladies that haven't checked in the past 8 days! Checking in weekly is a requirement of this swap. Please do so! Message me if you have any questions. Thanks!

SherrieStevens
Beach_Bum
LittleMissCountry
Kckid68
HollywoodGlitter
Joysee

Big waves to my sis! I see you have checked inWink ! I will be mailing very soon! Not much longer and we will have lots of new goodies to play with! I am super excited!

grandmaJ Offline
#635 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:26:07 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 734 time(s) in 610 post(s)
Good Morning Secret Santa Sisters!! Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

We got to bring Bitsy home yesterday and it has been tough. Her little eye they removed ad sewed shut is a bit unattractive right now. Sure it will be better after it heals and the hair around it grows back!! Keeping a very close eye on her good eye and hoping the 'flap' they grafted on takes hold and heals so she can see again. It will be 2-6 week proces so right now she isnt seeing much at all, if any. I hope and pray this is all worth it in the end and we are't putting her through all this for nothing. That would break our hearts.

It is sunny and windy here this morning. Spose to get windier and temp drop this afternoon.. Our high tomorrow will be in the 30's! Brrrrrr! Kim put her Christmas lights out yesterday. Not turning them on yet, but at least they are up. She was probably smart to do that on such a nice day. I'll be out putting mine up when it is freezing!!

Played around on pintrest last night while watching tv. A person can sure find a lot of neat ideas on there!!

I better go check in on a couple other threads and then I think I see some crafting in my future today!! yeah!!!!

The Beach Boys do a much better job at this then I do....but here goes...

Well way up north where the air gets cold
There's a tale about Christmas
That you've all been told
And a real famous cat all dressed up in red
And he spends all year workin' out on his sled

It's the little Saint Nick
Little Saint Nick
It's the little Saint Nick
Little Saint Nick
BigGrin
DonnaSchnees Offline
#636 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 6:15:07 PM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 112 post(s)
checking in. my order came yesterday. have to buy goodies and I have at least one more item to make and then start wrapping them up.

waving hello to my partner and the ladies on the board.

I love my imagine. one gift has an image used on it. will post pics after partner has received her box.
kckid68 Offline
#637 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 7:07:53 PM(UTC)
kckid68

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Haven't checked in for awhile. Sorry. Just been busy and frankly have been forgetting to do it.

Pam
cricutjunky Offline
#638 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 7:25:26 PM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
been busy on another swap, it's been fun learning new things, anyway hope everyone had a great weekend, and hopefully some of you lucky one will be off tomorrow, not me, I work for the State, but don't get off, Mad
SherrieStevens Offline
#639 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:19:31 PM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Sorry I'm still here just been busy and under the weather. Thanks SHerrie
scrappinchic Offline
#640 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 3:54:15 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Thanks for checking in ladies! I do understand being busy!

Sherrie I hope you are feeling better! Thoughts and prayers are with you!
grandmaJ Offline
#641 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 5:06:06 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning everyone! Nice to see some of our lost Santa's Helpers checking in!! We have missed you!!

I can't beleive how everywhere you turn is Christmas now. Even the commercials on tv! ugh!! I don't like seeing them till Thanksgiving! But, that is next week I guess so I shouldn't be surprised! Nov is really flying by! Saturday was my ds's 32nd bday. Wish I could of spent it with him but dh wouldn't drive me to CO for the day!! LOL! He will be getting laid off the end of this week for the winter, so then he gets to play Mr. Mom till he goes back to work in the early spring. Good thing is, they get to come back here for a week or so after Christmas! Yeah!!!

Wavin to both my Secret Santa Sisters this morning. Hope your weekends were great and this week ahead is even better!! I am working on a project for the Maggie swap and then start on my ideas for this one! Hopefully all will fall into place like I am picturing it!!

Have a good day everyone, I got to go get ready for work. Kids will be here before I know it!
1CoolMom Offline
#642 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:46:42 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)
Good morning SS. I am still in GA and will be until Thursday. I am planning to mail to my SS on Friday to beat the holiday rush. Once you get your package, you can choose when you open it. I'd rather you get it early than it get stuck in the holiday mail.
scrappinchic Offline
#643 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:49:58 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Traci smart thinking! I think I am going to join you and mail early! The holiday rush will be a mad house.

Have a great day!
Aden's_Nana Offline
#644 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 10:35:39 AM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Hello SS. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Happy Veterans Day to all.

I think I have all of my shopping finished for my SS, now to get it wrapped and boxed up. I went to Michael's last night and did a little more shopping, a few things for my SS and some for me. LOL I also bought items to make my niece a baby album and to make a Christmas mini abum for the family gift exchange.

I think I will also mail early, my SS can open it whenever she wants. I know I won't wait, once I receive mine I will be ripping right into it.Laugh

Sherrie -- I hope your feeling better.

Janice -- I hope Bitsy is doing better.

Jamiemn Offline
#645 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 12:40:01 PM(UTC)
Jamiemn

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Oh my goodness what a change from Sat. Sat we were 67 and today it is currenly 25 at 1:40 in the afternoon. It has been flurries all morning. WHen I took the dog out this morning the ground was covered in white stuff.

Overall it has been a good weekend. Back to work tomorrow for a short week. Next sat my cousins, aunt and mom are coming over to do some holiday baking. Then the following week only2 days of work and then off for Thanksgiving.

STW Offline
#646 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 7:55:01 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
OMG - I just realized TODAY that Thanksgiving is next week. I had it in my head that it was the following week.....and I'm hostessing it - YIKES!!!!!!! I think I'll follow suit and mail off my SS box either by the end of this week or Monday at the latest and avoid the RUSH!

Big waves to everyone and wishes for a healthy, happy, & blessed holiday season to you and your loved ones.

Sharon
grandmaJ Offline
#647 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:20:44 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning! Just have a couple minutes cause the dog is waking up and gonna need taken out, and fed, and eye drops. ugh!!

Thanksgiving really is sneaking up fast! I can't beleive we will soon be in the midst of decorating and shopping, and baking and WAITING FOR PKGS FROM OUR SECRET SANTA SISTERS!! Wow, I better get busy!! Bought part of what I need for my main project last night, so hope to start it later today if I have a good day! Got some more shopping to do when I get my paycheck too!!

Jamiemn, it got cold here too! 21 right now but on our way to a high of 41 today! yesterday we only got up into the very low 30's. The dusting of snow we got overnight left a little ice on the deck and I am soooo not ready for the ice! Snow I can handle, just not the ice!!

Hi Secret Sisters of mine! hope you both have a wonderful Tuesday!!
M&KGrandma Offline
#648 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:18:13 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Good Morning!! Well.... it only took three extra days to finish my handmade project... but it's done!!! Yay!!!! Of course all my good intentions of crafting the day away on Saturday went bye-bye as soon as my friend invited me to go to lunch!! Haha! We ate at the local tea room, Miss Molly's, soooo cute and good!!! Then went shopping at all the sweet, little shops on the square, it's been so long since I've done that! Our downtown is like a little destination place to go to, but even though it's right in my own backyard, so to speak, I don't take advantage of it very much!!! It was a lot of fun, and I got a few little things for Christmas decorating. Our city has a candlelight walk where all the stores are open late and there are the luminiries all through the square, Santa comes, it's beautiful!!!! Thousands of people show up, so very few locals go. You go through stores in a single file almost because of the crowds... so NOT fun if you ask me, I haven't gone for years!!! It's this weekend, so everyone was decorated and ready, so it was like a little preview for us! Needless to say, I didn't craft on Saturday. Sunday I forgot I had to sell tickets for a raffle we are having for the NWTF stuff.... my friend and I sat outside of a hunting store for 3 1/2 hours and only sold 13 tickets! It was pretty out, but cold and we were freezing! The raffle is for a gun that everyone loves, but no one wanted to buy the $10 tickets... all the proceeds go for our youth program... oh well, it is what it is...
I will be mailing soon, too! Made my Christmas card yesterday, it's simple, but I love it so much that I think it will be the card I make this year to send!
It's Randi's birthday today, so I'm going to make dinner for all of us... she's off on Tuesdays, so no kiddos....
Janice, hope Bitsy is doing okay... what a lot of work for you, done so lovingly though... I hope it turns out great!!!
Talk later....
Hugs,
Teri
maryanne hoekman Offline
#649 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:31:25 AM(UTC)
maryanne hoekman

United States

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 94 post(s)
hi all!!

Have the day off today so wanted to say hi!!

I ordered some goodies for my partner and hope she will love them as much as i have loved getting em for her!!! crossing my fingers that i can get this all packed up and mailed in time!! The handmade item I made turned out great!! Now to think of goodies to put in it!!

Jess how many handmade items are we to make for this swap??? Just wondering..

Waving to everyone!!!
scrappinchic Offline
#650 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:47:22 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Originally Posted by: maryanne hoekman Go to Quoted Post
hi all!!

Have the day off today so wanted to say hi!!

I ordered some goodies for my partner and hope she will love them as much as i have loved getting em for her!!! crossing my fingers that i can get this all packed up and mailed in time!! The handmade item I made turned out great!! Now to think of goodies to put in it!!

Jess how many handmade items are we to make for this swap??? Just wondering..

Waving to everyone!!!

One required! Other's are opitional. There is a card and ornament that you could make if you want too!

scrappinchic Offline
#651 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:57:11 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

I hear Joysee has been in the hospital, so she will be popping in soon to check in!

Joysee I have been super concerned about you woman! Glad you are okay and can't wait to hear from you!

Big waves to my sis's!

I hope y'all have an awesome day!
Aden's_Nana Offline
#652 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:57:51 PM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Joysee -- I hope your feeling better.

I wrapped my SS's gifts yesterday, except for the ornaments. I will mail it out either tomorrow or Thursday when I ship items for my other swaps.

I can not beleive next week is Thanksgiving already. I still need to pick up somethings from the store for our dinner. This month is flying by.

I hope my SS's are both doing ok and getting ready for the holiday rush.

Take care,

Jackie
Heart2hand Offline
#653 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:35:16 PM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 544 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Hello Santa's Helpers...

Sounds like you all have been really busy. I have been too. My BIG items is turning out sooo wonderful...hope my SS enjoys it...

Teri...your town square sounds awesome...like stepping back in time. I'd love doing things like that...I hope your DIL had a wonderful birthday.

Maryanne...I'm sure your SS gift is amazing....enjoy the time out with friends...they are priceless and the memories can't be beat.

Donna...I've not even seen the Imagine up close...glad you are enjoying it.

Jackie....How have you been?

Traci....wow...enjoy the time in GA....busy working on the house?

Jess....How are you? HOw is school?

GrandmaJ...how is Bitsy? I'm sure you are excited to get those grandbabies back here again.

STW....Hey girl...better make that list...I'm not sure what we are having yet....only 4 of us...so I may just make something UNTraditional....lol. No need to make a huge turkey or ham for 4 people...lol.

HUGs to all
rhonda
scrappinchic Offline
#654 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:04:26 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning! Its chilly here this morning! Brrr!

Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
but the fire is so delightful,
and since we've no place to go,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Well I bought my dinnerbell ham and turkey breast yesterday. I have a few other things to get and I will be ready for our family Thanksgiving dinner! I love this holiday! It gives you a lot of time to reflect on the blessings around you! Happy Thanksgiving preperations to all of youWink !

Big waves to my SS'! I haven't seen you on in the past few days! I hope your having a great week!

Teri I am sure your project is gorgeous! I too would put crafting off for a lunch date like you had. Sounds wonderful! Your town sounds amazing! I would love to visit somewhere like that!

Sounds like everyone is getting ready to start shipping. Rememeber to share picture's! We all wanna see the wonderful gifts from all the secret santas!

Hey Rhonda I am good! Planning my holiday feast for next week. For some reason I have to tell everyone what to bring! They can't think for themselvesThumbDown ! Also trying to get my swaps wrapped up by the end of the month! School is a sore subjectCursing ! Lets not talk about itWink !

Have a great day!

grandmaJ Offline
#655 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:58:16 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning Secret Santa Sisters! Happy Hump Day!

Jess, got to show my stupid side here and ask...what is a 'dinnerbell' ham? Sounds like you are very busy getting ready for Thanksgiving! We go to my Mom and Dad's for dinner. My mom has fixed it since they got married I think! 60+ years!! I have so many fond memories of Thanksgiving while growing up! I think in all the years I have maybe only missed one time! nd you are right, we all have so much to be thankful for each and every year!

Rhonda, is your dd and her friend coming to dinner? You know, you could always get a smaller turkey to fix! LOL! I don't care for chicken or turkey so it's a good thing I don't have to fix the meal!! We used to fix turkey for Christmas dinner though, but the last couple years we haven't. last year we fixed prime rib, which turned out so-so, and the year before we made enchiladas!! Yummy!!

Hope to see Joysee checking in soon! Maybe she just doesn't feel up to it yet.

Everyone have a great day!!

1CoolMom Offline
#656 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:03:51 PM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)
I am home early because we did not get to close on the house. The bank messed up a form so we had to wait 4 extra days. Angry Needless to say I came home instead of hanging around GA hoping they'd get their act together.

Rhonda, I was at a crop it is about an hour away from the new house. I cannot wait to be up there more than a long weekend at a time.

SS be on the lookout for your package because it is going into the mail in the morning.
DonnaSchnees Offline
#657 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:26:47 PM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 112 post(s)
I have next wednesday off and plan on working and wrapping and anything last minute for my partner and will be mailing out on Sat the 24th.

I'll be home for Christmas
You can count on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents on the tree

Christmas Eve will find me
Where the lovelight gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams
scrappinchic Offline
#658 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:02:05 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Evening ladies!

Yay! Packages getting close to being mailed! I like the sound of that!

I will be mailing tomorrow too! My SS should have it saturday! I hope she likes everything I am sending her! I will post the DC# on the thread when I get it!

Have a great evening!
armywife25 Offline
#659 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:38:18 PM(UTC)
armywife25

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I am mailing my ss box out tomorrow woohoo hope she likes it BigGrin

Edited by user Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:07:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

STW Offline
#660 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:42:45 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Must be something in the air, because I'll be mailing mine out tomorrow too! Getting ready to go USPS website to print out label and pay for postage online so I don't even have to wait in line at the PO - just drop it off! I just love technology....sometimes!

Hope she likes it!