Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<34567>»
Gadget girl Offline
#121 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 6:03:42 PM(UTC)
Gadget girl

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Hi Ann
I think there is a cracker on the Artiste cart, its a square one though. Susan
Ang Offline
#122 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:08:11 AM(UTC)
Ang

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Morning all

Ann - see here for the bang insert - sorry no idea what they are called - http://www.ebay.co.uk/sc..._osacat=0&_from=R40
i just typed in ebay cracker bang, there are even the party hats.Mind you those could be cut out easily.

Hoping to set up the Cameo today, should be quite here this afternoon because most people staying on site will be off to the Carnival. Let you know how i get on.

take care all

Ang

6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9 Offline
#123 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 10:50:20 AM(UTC)
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Has any one got the artiste cart i have just found it has a lot of bags and boxes on just woundering if it is any good . i gave in and bought the tim holts pillow box die at 17.99 as the ones on ebay weht over 22. 00 then adding on postage , the one i ordered was free postage and ordered friday lunch time arrived this morning , did not even take a whole day to get here
Ang Offline
#124 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 10:57:03 AM(UTC)
Ang

Hi all,
Well been having a play today with the Cameo & laptop - thats interesting as i am very new to laptops! Anyway the one thing i dont seem to be able to do is move the rollers in the Cameo - anyone got any hints on how to get them to move?

Artiste Cart looks really good but havent got it as yet!!

take care all

ang
Ann Offline
#125 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:27:13 AM(UTC)
Ann

Was thanked: 197 time(s) in 168 post(s)
Good Evening all.Thanks for the advice re:crackers,i dont actually have to make a cracker as such,just have to cut the shape out for the children to decorate,i dont have Artiste,might be the next one i have to buyLOL but i found a whole cracker on TBBM 2,wondering if i can somehow use that but at the moment it looks like i shall have to draw freehand,god knows what it will come out like as i am not well known for my drawing skillsLOL A Quilted Christmas and 25th December came today along with my cameo dust cover,both carts look lovely.
Ang,just been trying to move the rollers on my cameo and cant seem to budge them,in the manual it says something about pinching the white piece and rolling it out of the notches but it's not easy to do,will have another go when i have a minute,must be a knack to it.
I need to make a birthday card for my little grandaughter this evening,she will be 3 on monday but my son is having a little party for her tomorrow,went and bought her the Peppa Pig Electronic Dressing Table,she will love it,i have some PP ribbon i bought ages ago so am going to make a card on that theme,she is PP mad right nowSmile
My house is still very cluttered with stuff we brought back from mum's,i really dont know what to do with it all and Tez will be home next saturday from his travels so i need to sort his room out,we have been using it as a storage room while he's been away.
Anyway,must go and get on with some stuff.Hope you all have a great evening and happy crafting x
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#126 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 3:01:50 PM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 916 post(s)
Hi LadiesBigGrin Long time no see Wub Wub Wub
Haven't managed to read all the past posts, just wanted to let you all know I'm still alive LOL LOL
Tips for moving the rollers on the Cameo...you need to hold the metal bar with one hand, to steady it, then twist the white clip either up or down, till it pops out of the groove, then slide it to where you need it to be and let it pop back into the groove by twisting up or down again...voila, easy when you know howLOL

I have Artiste and love it, it is a full 700 images and it's as good as Art Philosophy.

Ann you can find cracker templates on the Silhouette online store, if not I have one I can send you if you still need it BigGrin

Night all hope you all keep well
Hugs
Adele

Gadget girl Offline
#127 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:53:59 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hiya all
Its been really nice here and been out for a long walk along the Tarka trail. My son has gone on his first training walk for the Ten Tors, so hope he is getting on ok.

I also have the Artiste cart and it is a very good cart so versatile with lots of images on for all occasions and as Adel says just as good as Art Philosophy.

Hello Adele glad you are still with us and hopefully able to craft.

Hi Ang there are loads of things on you tube to help with the Cameo. Cameo rollers

Susan
Protter Offline
#128 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:30:45 AM(UTC)
Protter

Was thanked: 436 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Hi everyone again

Yes, cameo all set up now ... and tested with cutting and using the pens so that's a relief as I have had it since early Feb!!

Need to update my expression 2 next ... been a year! and then the Gypsy as well ...

I have had a real sort through and ordered everything in my craft area. Ben is on respite so I had the chance.

Glad to see you here Adele. I only just found you guys here.

Karen

xxx

suemuscutt Offline
#129 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 7:05:13 PM(UTC)
suemuscutt

Hi Ladies, Thank you for your warm welcomes.

I have now sorted out Cricut Craft Room Initializing problem. The Cricut European Support were of very little use. They kept saying it was my Norton. According to Cricut Forum everything was ok until the update Eventually found it out myself. So thats all sorted. Now I find from reading the forum that the Imagine is on the way out. Personally i love it. However I must say been playing with my Cameo and I love this more. Bit of dilemna now do I start getting rid of my cartridges. My 19 month old grandson is moving into his new home and own bedroom. I have been pretty busy cutting out cars, trucks and planes for his walls. Going to look amazing even if I say so myself.

I have had a chest infection which has led to breathing problems for a few days now. Went to doctors friday. Got to go back tomorrow to see whether I will have to go in hospital. Not feeling great though, hoped I would improve more over the weekend. Some really nasty bugs going around. When I read about some of you living in Devon and Cornwall It mkes me think what an amazing place to live. I have been going there every year since we got Tess, our Golden Retriever. She's eight years old now. They are so very dog friendly in the South West and its a great place to go for a holiday with the dog. Holiday already booked for Cornwall for next year. Can't wait. Anyway everyone, take care. Will catch up again soon.
Ang Offline
#130 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 1:54:44 PM(UTC)
Ang

Evening all,

Sue - There's a lot of bugs around this year - perhaps its all the rain we all seem to have had over the summer!!

Karen - I have been having a move around in my craft room, just so that I can get the cameo all set up. Laptop seems straight forward enough, and have done a simple cut but now need to try printing - that should be fun- don't think it will be tonight.

Many thanks to all those who sent messages about my mom- turns out she has a very small
hiatus hernia - sorry have no idea how its really spelt. So that's something, but she has to have some blood tests tomorrow - I think a lot of it has been due to the loss of my step dad. But even tonight she seems a light brighter - stress they told her can give all sorts of trouble!

Anyway, off to set up printer now and will then call it a day - glass of chilled rose calling!!

Hope everyone is as well as can be in these winter nights

Ang
Ang Offline
#131 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:36:24 AM(UTC)
Ang

Just a quick update

I emailed Cameo to ask if it was compatable with windows 8 and got this reply

"We have tested Silhouette Studio and the Silhouette Cameo with Windows 8 and it works fine".

Just thought i would let everyone know

bye for now

Ang

♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#132 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:00:05 AM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 916 post(s)
Hi AngLove Love Love
I have windows 8 and using Studio DE just fine with my Cameo and Laptop BigGrin
I hope everyone is well!!
hugs
Adele
Ang Offline
#133 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:52:51 AM(UTC)
Ang

Hi all,
Thanks Adele, hope you are getting better. Lovely to see some of the original people are still here from time to time.
When I originally watched the Cameo show on C&C Hayley said there were 50 free designs, well I found I think 46 or them so downloaded them. What with the $10 card with the machine, $25 from C&C plus $10 with the starter pack I am well set up for the time being. Plus there seems to be a lot of flexibility with the shapes.

Hope all are OK - apparently its 6 weeks to Christmas - are you all organised? I am not that's for sure!!

Take care all

Ang
Ann Offline
#134 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:02:55 AM(UTC)
Ann

Morning all,hope you are all well today. Has anyone ordered the craftwell e bosser from c+c?,i just realised i missed the morning show but i can record the next one at 8pm,i am seriously thinking of getting it as i can then sell both the cuttlebug and the Grand Calibur,only needing one machine for all my dies but some of the reviews are not very good so i am in 2 minds at the moment.
I took the plunge and have ordered the Cricut Artiste cart,it's one i really need!!
My rewards cart came this morning,very quick service,not sure if i am keeping it right now.
Anyone got any news?
Got to go to work so be back later!
Shadow Offline
#135 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:43:02 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 206 post(s)
Hi Ann - I seem to remember somebody else on here saying they were interested in the e-bosser and it wasn't me BigGrin but I might be - my hands aren't so good lately (arthritis) and turning the handle on the GC hurts like heck! so it might be an alternative. Is it A4 ??? When's it on next - I also missed the show but I DO know it's cheaper than Crafters Companion charge 'cos I checked it a while ago.

I've sent you a pm regarding a cartridge I've just received.

Bye for now
Pauline x
Gadget girl Offline
#136 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:04:24 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hiya everyone
Just finished my Heidi Swapp online craft classes. Had a wonderful time yet again and lots of lovely files I have made. If you are on Instagram there are lots of things posted on there use the search #memoryfileslive.

It was Margaret that has ordered the Ebosser I think and my friend has got one after she had problems with her Vagabond. It is an A4 one and she is pretty impressed with it.

6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9 Offline
#137 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:53:50 PM(UTC)
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Hi Ann
Sorry i hope you dont mine me being cheky but where or how are you ordering the cricut artiste cart from , and i see you have said about your reward points are they the ones out of the cart boxes , i have quite a few of these but i thought it was only possible for the people in the U.S to claim for them any help would be greatfull thanks ann .... lisa
*Karel* Offline
#138 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:09:51 PM(UTC)
*Karel*

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Shadow Go to Quoted Post
Hi Ann - I seem to remember somebody else on here saying they were interested in the e-bosser and it wasn't me BigGrin but I might be - my hands aren't so good lately (arthritis) and turning the handle on the GC hurts like heck! so it might be an alternative. Is it A4 ??? When's it on next - I also missed the show but I DO know it's cheaper than Crafters Companion charge 'cos I checked it a while ago.

I've sent you a pm regarding a cartridge I've just received.

Bye for now
Pauline x

Hi all
I purchased the eBosser from oyster Stamps. I am very pleased with it. As Susan says it is A4 and takes all dies and embossing folders. I have had a. Big shot for years so have some original dies that are thick, and they work great.
I just looked at the cost on C&C and even with the club discount it is still a lot dearer than Oyster Stamps,who also are not charging for postage. You get everything that C & C offer except you have to pay in one go.
Hope this information is useful to some of you.

Karel
X
 1 user thanked *Karel* for this useful post.
Shadow on 11/15/2012(UTC)
Shadow Offline
#139 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:29:03 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

[quote=*Karel*;1598354]Hi all
I purchased the eBosser from oyster Stamps. I am very pleased with it. As Susan says it is A4 and takes all dies and embossing folders. I have had a. Big shot for years so have some original dies that are thick, and they work great.
I just looked at the cost on C&C and even with the club discount it is still a lot dearer than Oyster Stamps,who also are not charging for postage. You get everything that C & C offer except you have to pay in one go.
Hope this information is useful to some of you.

Karel
X[/quote

Thanks for that Karel - just ordered it from Oyster, who apparently are about to sell out on the pre-orders, if anybody's interested. I'm gonna sell my Vagabond as it's not A4 and will make some cash from that. Roger's giving me some cash for Christmas as well Cool It works out considerably cheaper than C&C.

Bye for now

Pauline x

Ann Offline
#140 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:11:40 AM(UTC)
Ann

Just ordered my ebosser too,from Craft Superstore,never had anything from them before,hope they are good to deal with!
Gadget girl Offline
#141 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:33:20 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hi all
Its been lovely today, just been swimming then nipped into Lidls and they have some lovely reels of ribbon for sale. £1.99 for 3 reels with 5 metres each. Christmassy ones but a few generic ones too.

Not much going on here busy with my ESSAY and making pots, my wheel work is getting on quite well. So something going right.

Hi Pauline how much are you selling your Vagabond for? Not for me I have enough cutters. Although the Cameo is looking good to me now, I keep trying the CCR but its just froze on me again. Why did they ever get into that faff with that other software. Think they shot off their foot! No way am I going to buy digital images as if you cant get going on the CCR then your snookered, especially as they are the same price as the cart prices.

Just getting ready for College tomorrow
happy crafting
Susan

Ann Offline
#142 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:59:05 PM(UTC)
Ann

My ebosser is due to come tomorrow!! I only ordered it this morning but paid for next day delivery as i am a very impatient personLOL I was a bit concerned when i checked my account with craft superstore to find that when i logged into my account it said it was out of stock but it all turned out to be something and nothing and i have been assured that it will definitely be here tomorrow,cant wait to play,will have to wait until saturday though.If i like it i will be selling my Cuttlebug and Grand Calibur,CS give a 14 day money back no quibble guarantee so if i'm not 100% happy i can return it for a full refund,hope i like it though.
Hope you are all well.Quite cold here at the moment but dry so cant complain.
I'm off to Newquay on sunday to scatter mum's ashes with some of the family,no doubt it will be very emotional.
Anyway,going to get on You Tube and see what videos i can find about the ebosser.
Ang Offline
#143 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 4:16:07 AM(UTC)
Ang

Hi all,
Ann hope your machine arrives as planned - you will have to let us know what its like.

Its a horrible day here, damp & misty - typical Wells Carnival weather - been wet for the last 2 years!! Glastonbury Carnival tomorrow night is normally cold but dry - will be interesting to see if its like that this year.

Wheres the best place to get cricut artiste from?

Take care all

Ang
Ann Offline
#144 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 4:25:27 AM(UTC)
Ann

Morning AngSmile My ebosser just arrivedThumpUp,i dont have time to open it right now as i have to go to school soon,will open later and let you all know what i think of it.
I have sent you a pm regarding Artiste cartSmile
The weather is much the same as yours Ang,mum would have called it misty wet!!
Anyway,must eat my toast before it goes like rubber,just had to share my excitementLOL
Shadow Offline
#145 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 9:24:09 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Gadget girl Go to Quoted Post
Hi all
Its been lovely today, just been swimming then nipped into Lidls and they have some lovely reels of ribbon for sale. £1.99 for 3 reels with 5 metres each. Christmassy ones but a few generic ones too.

Not much going on here busy with my ESSAY and making pots, my wheel work is getting on quite well. So something going right.

Hi Pauline how much are you selling your Vagabond for? Not for me I have enough cutters. Although the Cameo is looking good to me now, I keep trying the CCR but its just froze on me again. Why did they ever get into that faff with that other software. Think they shot off their foot! No way am I going to buy digital images as if you cant get going on the CCR then your snookered, especially as they are the same price as the cart prices.

Just getting ready for College tomorrow
happy crafting
Susan

Hi Susan - I was thinking of about £100 plus £10 towards postage. There's a spare set of plates, so it will be quite heavy. It's never been used. No box as I threw it out a bit ago, but will be well packed.

Bye for now

Pauline x
redstar Offline
#146 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 9:38:52 AM(UTC)
redstar

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)
hi everyone hope you all well, just wondering if someone can help please do anyone one know how long a parcel from usa to get to the uk , it was 1st class one

many thanks clare xxxx
*Karel* Offline
#147 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 12:47:30 PM(UTC)
*Karel*

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: redstar Go to Quoted Post
hi everyone hope you all well, just wondering if someone can help please do anyone one know how long a parcel from usa to get to the uk , it was 1st class one

many thanks clare xxxx

Clare

It can take anwhere from 14 to 28 days depending on whether your package is stuck in customs. If you have been caught for customes then be prepared to fork out anything from £12 upwards. I have only had to pay once.

Hope that helps

Karel x

CheekyMonkey Offline
#148 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:20:39 AM(UTC)
CheekyMonkey

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi all .. I have finally decided that I need to sell my imagine. The main reason is that it was bought on impulse and I have very rarely used it. I have had no issues with it except for an ink problem and after coming on here for advice, it just turned out to be the ink cartridge needing replacing!

My question is, what sort of figure should I be asking for it. I will sell it with the cart it came with and all the leads, etc, together with original box. I have seen some on ebay but the prices are all over the place as I think the bloke on there has a load of returned ones and most of them are incomplete.

Has anyone any idea what I should be asking? Whatever I sell it for I will make a huge loss Crying

Many thanks BigGrin
Shadow Offline
#149 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 8:55:41 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: CheekyMonkey Go to Quoted Post
Hi all .. I have finally decided that I need to sell my imagine. The main reason is that it was bought on impulse and I have very rarely used it. I have had no issues with it except for an ink problem and after coming on here for advice, it just turned out to be the ink cartridge needing replacing!

My question is, what sort of figure should I be asking for it. I will sell it with the cart it came with and all the leads, etc, together with original box. I have seen some on ebay but the prices are all over the place as I think the bloke on there has a load of returned ones and most of them are incomplete.

Has anyone any idea what I should be asking? Whatever I sell it for I will make a huge loss Crying

Many thanks BigGrin

Hiya - can I suggest you pm Ann as she's recently sold hers. I know whatever price you ask you'll take a big loss after the recent publicity.

Good luck

Pauline x
Ann Offline
#150 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:08:25 AM(UTC)
Ann

Hi all,hope you are well today.
As for the imagine,i sold mine with 13 cartridges and extras for £275!!.it started off at £450 but had no takers,i needed funds and just wanted rid to be honest.If you look on our famous auction site there are quite a few for sale at stupidly low prices,you might be better off selling it privately or putting it on Preloved,free to sell on there too.
I hope you can get a good price for it whatever you doThumpUp