Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<4748495051>»
Lizzy Offline
#1441 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 10:59:25 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good Tuesday evening, friends! I am doing fine...was busy over the weekend, was stressed yesterday, and tonight have been taking it easy. The weekend, I was busy with the movie and dinner on Friday night. Terry and I saw "Flight" which we both liked (I already wrote about that). Then on Saturday AM, we ran some errands. The rest of the weekend, I worked on school stuff and we watched TV and just hung out. Then, on Sunday afternoon, I went up to have Sunday dinner with Kelly and watch a movie with the kids and her.

Monday, I got super-stressed at work. It all had to do with the field trip which we went on today and my general dislike of field trips. Anyway, by the time school was over, my body was hurting and I was light-headed. I think it was all stress- and tired-related because once I got home and dealt with paper-work and organized myself, I felt better.

The field trip was fine although I felt like I could not let Mario out of my sight. (He is my ADHD kid.) Constantly, I was having to deal with him not paying attention, not staying in line, talking when the leader was talking, getting too close to the water, etc. Later in the day, I asked my VP if I could request that his mother go on the next field trip with us mainly to monitor his behavior and he said we could. It would allow me to be more available to all the students, not just Mario.

The next trip will be riding the passenger train down to another town to see one of the California Missions; then having a picnic lunch; then some down time; then riding the train back to Anaheim. I dread keeping track of him at the Mission and making sure he is not violating any of the rules, plus keeping track of him during the picnic and the down time while we are waiting for the train. So, thankfully, we can put that on his mother's shoulders!

Paula, 40 pages is fabulous! I am so jealous of you!! If I retire this year, I am definitely going with you next year!

Nancy, sorry you are feeling stressed. That is no good. Is there anything we can do to help you out?

Pat, you are making progress in your decluttering and purging! Keep up the good work!

Rhonda, I'm not sure what to say about your situation. I have never had to close down a business but it must be a very solemn experience, putting it all to rest, especially when you have nothing else to turn to once it's all done. It would be so good to hear some good news from that other company. It's so dang frustrating when you don't get any sort of phone call from the company when you've had an interview...even if the news isn't good. I feel for you and am thinking about you - as always.

Laurie, have you been to the doctor about this light-headedness? If so, what are they saying about it? Might it be a blood-sugar deal? Or blood pressure?

Oh, Paula, I have used Mucinex, and it's pretty good stuff...and with very few side-effects, too.

Well, my work is winding down...whew! I am just about counting down the days...not quite...but I am definitely looking at what I am teaching and how I am trying to wrap things up and not leave things hanging for six weeks. I am also beginning to get super-itchy about what I want to do while I am off-track. I would like to do some decluttering/purging as well as some major scrapping. I will have to do some major motivation to make sure I get that done. I think if I focus on my scrapping room only I could get quite a bit done. So...I just might see what happens.

I've got to go here and hit the hay. I'm tired and my eyes are very weary. Everyone take care. I'll talk to you soon.

Oh...thanks for the well wishes for Ruby...the doggy ibuprofen has done its magic and she is feeling better (thankfully). The lump they removed from her mouth was benign so good news with that, too.
rm920 Offline
#1442 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:20:39 AM(UTC)
rm920

A very early good morning....I have been up since 3:30 amConfused Just could not go back to sleep.

Lizzy, sorry about the stress level with Mario. I think the best for all would be for his mother to go on the next field trip. It is not fair to the other students that your attention had to be so focused on him alone. Glad to hear Ruby is doing better and the good news about the lump. Hope the days until you next vacation sail by!

Pat, glad the de-cluttering continues. You will begin to hear echoes in there pretty soonBigGrin

Nancy, glad you popped in. Sorry about all your stress. But I agree with the others, maybe taking a bit of time to go scrapping would help you deal with everything better.

Paula, glad DS could help again today. I know Serina enjoys having you go along with her to try on the dresses. And fun for you too!

Carrie, hope you survived yesterday! What are you up to today?

Well, it looks like I will be done by the end of the week. I am so ready for this to be over. It is such a slow process. I get the feeling my boss is dragging things out, because he doesn't have anything to do. But I want it to be over. And the job search continues. I am trying to be hopeful but getting so discouraged. Thanks for all the positive thoughts.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1443 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 6:42:15 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Good morning or maybe not so good depending on your side of the fence.

Stress I feel it all over this group. Yesterday I was a poll watcher. Not wanting to put too much into black and white for the world to see, around noon suddenly I felt the back of my neck and shoulders start to ache. It was a very long day. I was exhausted. But life goes on and tonight I am going to a Journey concert. It's been a long time since I've seen them.

Lizzy I have visions of you leading Mario around with a collar and leash. No wonder they give you frequent breaks. I'd be stir crazy after a day with him. I hope you get all your organizing and scrapping done on your time off.

Paula I gave up on watching the election around 9:30. I got home and crashed. The cookbooks sound fun.

Pat I can't believe you haven't run out of rooms to purge yet. Have you tried out the exercise bike? Sounds like you had fun and made good progress at your friends house.

Rhonda your business closing does sound like its been dragged out. What was the company's primary operation? I sure hope you can find something.

Nancy go do something fun. Take a hot bubble bath. I understand about being so busy with no down time lately. Hope you find some good R & R.

Well I have to go the grocery store. The cupboards are bare here. And I am going to work in my craft room and clean up the house, pay a few over due bills since I haven't had time to do much lately.

imnchghere Offline
#1444 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 8:18:42 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning from **snow** in the **forecast** MD. I so did NOT need to this to deal with, but I will. Not a lot, (maybe an inch), but enough to throw me off. I will have to deal with plants that are on the deck under a tarp. This are the big herb planters and I can't move them. 3 can go through the winter, but 2 won't take the snow. I guess I will be cutting rosemary this morning.
Rhonda, I hope you can get some closure on the job this week. I also pray that you will find another one quickly. I do find it rude that the one company has not called you back.
Lizzy, my eldest grandson (with autism) is pretty good on field trips, but Stephanie always goes in case he has a meltdown or just to keep him in control if needed. He can have his moments Anyway, I hope the Mom can do the field trips and take some of the stress off of you.
Carrie, I kept thinking about you last night. Enjoy the concert tonight and hopefully some relaxing today in the craft room. I have gotten on the bike each day, but I need to get a routine. When it was on the deck it was so much easier.
Stephanie will tell you I am a hoarder. I do save things and sometimes it can be extreme, but I hate getting rid of something to have to turn around and replace it. My craft stuff is probably the worst offender.
Today, I need to take 2 boxes of CFS to the PO and I am going to stop by the grocery store while I am out. That will be after I deal with the herbs on the deck.

hope everyone has a good day..

Edited by user Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:01:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1445 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:59:33 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning.

Sorry about the sn*w Pat. If you are a horder isn't the purging difficult for you. Jim is a horder, I call him and you savers, but it stresses him out badly when I get in a mood to literally wipe off the kitchen counters into a waste basket. So he has learned then when I start looking at the kitchen, he had better clean up his papers or they will be gone. I can't stand clutter. So when the clutter gets bad, I don't even sort through it. Did you get to the grocery store? I never did yesterday so I will be going later this morning.

The concert last night was a good pick me up. It was fun. We had seats on the floor about 10 rows from the stage. It was loud and the bass subwoofer was so strong it would move the bottoms of my jeans all on it's own. I really don't think I like sitting so close and it being so loud. Oh well it will be a long time before I go again.

Today I must hit the grocery store or Sams club and take a box of brochures down to the office. Pay office bills and enter charges. I did get one 2 page layout done for the baby book. It had a lot of cricut cuts and took me most of the day. I had hoped to get another done but I have book club tonight and haven't finished the book yet. It isn't one of my favorites and maybe that is why.

Flee57 Offline
#1446 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:26:43 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone
Sorry I haven't come in to let you know how I've been.

I had a scare with my sugars on Sunday afternoon. when I went to the doc Tues she said even my fasting blood work was through the roof. So I am having to take more insulin. My #'s are much better now but the high #'s were what was making me dizzy and light headed. I've felt good since yesterday when my sugars went down. Have to take control. My new motto is IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

Now to go catch up on what you guys have been talking about

Later!
imnchghere Offline
#1447 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 7:43:50 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening .. well the snow never did materialize here. I was glad. I worked all day on the upstairs rooms. I went through several boxes of scrap booking supplies from when I was a vendor and kept very little for myself. I still need to move things to the downstairs (so it can be hauled off/put in the trash/put out for p/u next week), but I will need Jim to do that. Of course he got hung up at work today, so none of it will get moved until tomorrow. I am counting the days until next Wed. I am sure I won't be done with everything, but I will at least have all the *stuff* gone and out of my way. I like to think of myself as more of a saver than a hoarder. One thing I don't have is cluttered counter tops. I have so little counter space that I have to keep them clear.

Carrie, I did make it to the grocery yesterday, but I am going to need to go back. I didn't have a list and got only what I could remember.
Hope you got your book read for book club. Not easy when you can't get into it.
Laurie, sorry to hear you are having sugar problems. Is it because you are eating the wrong things? Jim wants to avoid insulin as long as he can. He watched his mother go down hill because she wasn't careful. It was so sad. Please take care of yourself and eat right.

Where is everyone else? Paula, Rhonda, Lizzy, Nancy ?? Hope everyone is OK.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1448 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 9:44:48 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Glad the snow missed you Pat!! What a mess it is out east!!

Today I did my Thur house, came home to have lunch and take a break and have lunch then tonight I helped my sister and BIL with a big cater they did. It was kind of fun.

We will be leaving early tomorrow morning for Lansing. It's a yearly gathering for COG. DH will have some sessions, (learning) and a business meeting where they will vote on items. There is a tea for the ladies which is really nice because we used to attend the business meetings and they are a snooze fest! We will come home Sat.
Tomorrow is our anniversary. 27 years, wow!! Are we really that old?? Wink

Laurie, sorry you are having sugar issues. You are on the right track, taking responsibility and wanting to do it right!!

Carrie, glad you had a fun at the concert. I think I would have needed ear plugs being that close!!

I am going to head to bed since we will be up and moving early tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!! BigGrin
imnchghere Offline
#1449 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 5:44:43 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning and happy anniversary to Paula & dh. Safe travels today and tomorrow also.

We are going to have a few days of pleasant weather and I would like to take advantage and get some stuff out of the garage. We also need to organize what is in there. This is likely going to be the last weekend, we can do anything outside. Today I am going to try really hard to get the last of the scrapbook/craft type things into boxes for the big sale in Dec. I have got to get this stuff to the organizers so they can get it all priced. I will keep adding to the charity donation pile right up until the last minute.

Still working also on the tiny bows for my cards. Last night I had to do some data base stuff for the society, so no bows got made. I also need to take some time this weekend to buy some holiday decorations for the troops. I have one more box of Christmas cards to ship next week and then we get a little break.
Hope everyone else has a good day.

Flee57 Offline
#1450 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 6:31:55 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone!

Happy Anniversary Paula! How nice that you will be getting away for the weekend and your afternoon tea sounds nice.

Pat, I'm glad the snow missed you. The east coast needs a break for sure! Your purging sounds like fun. sometimes I think if a bulldozer just came in and took everything away, I could start clean and fresh. But it would be pretty expensive to replace everything.

Ok, we've all know each other for some time now and I know you have all gone through my health issue with me (listening to me complain or whine about it and saying "I'm going to do it this time". And I thank you all for listening and caring. Ok, confession time. The reason why my sugar was 536 on Sunday afternoon is because I drove all the way to Cinci on Sat for a cupcake (from a new cupcake bakery). Didn't buy just one, I bought 6. The plan was to eat one and freeze the rest. Well, they never saw the freezer and I ate the last one Sunday morning for breakfast. 536 scared the hell out of me! I was so sleepy but was afraid to go to sleep for fear of falling into a diabetic coma. When I went to the doctor, she said from my fasting blookwork my blood sugar was 423. True wake up call!

I don't want to go blind
I don't want to loose a limb
I don't want to be on dialysis
and
I don't want to die!

I found an open bag of candy corn (my fave!) and I threw it away! That's a first for me. Normally I would say well I'll keep it and maybe just have a few at a time. I threw it away! I'm proud of me! For real!

I'm losing weight and getting healthier. I don't want to get to a healthy weight and be unhealthy with my diabetes. So my Friends...watch me this time. I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!

Thanks for listening and for being my Friends. You all are an inspiration to me, in one way or another and I love you all!

Ok, my book is done. Thanks for listening. I need to be open and honest with the people who care about me. That's why I told you all about the cupcakes. I am a food hider. I buy and eat all the bad stuff when I am by myself. I hide it from my husband and I hide it from my friends. that stops now!

Love you all!
Later!
Flee57 Offline
#1451 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 9:06:09 PM(UTC)
Flee57

well, I said good morning and now I'll say goodnight.

Where are you all? LOL
imnchghere Offline
#1452 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 6:48:38 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. we have beautiful weather for the weekend and into Monday, so I am taking advantage.
Laurie, sorry you were abandoned yesterday here. I had red your post, but got busy with trying to get the last of the crafty stuff ready to deliver and the day just got way from me. Plan is to take all the boxes tomorrow and that will be it. What I didn't go through will just be discarded in other ways. Some of the crops I go to have sell tables and I might be able to p/u a few $$ that way. Anyway, I have got to finish this purging project this coming week and move on to being ready for the holidays.
I want to get over to Cleveland before the winter weather sets in. That will eat up a couple week days or a weekend.
This morning we are hauling off electronics finally. One pile from the living room dealt with. Tomorrow the second pile will go to VA for the sale in honor of a friend. Huge pile there, as it extends out to the porch.
I made a spot yesterday in the spare bedroom for the beyond HUGE heirloom cactus. Just need Jim to take it upstairs. By Monday, my living room will be reclaimed. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Laurie, I am sorry you had to have such a drastic wake up call on the diabetes, but sometimes that is what it takes. It is a very serious disease and cupcakes are not on the eating plan.

Well, I am going to get busy. I hope everyone has a good weekend.
rm920 Offline
#1453 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:15:12 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning for WINDY Kansas! The winds are really gusting but it is still very warm. We may hit 80* today, was in upper 70's yesterday. But hold on for the drop tomorrow. Will be 40 degrees cooler. But I still haven't had to turn on the furnace yet, so will love the low utility bills.

Laurie, sorry you had such a big wake up call, but maybe it was needed to get you on track. Glad you felt you could open up to us. We will try to keep you in line. Diabetes is not something to ignore. Feel free to unload on us any time! How is the Curves job going? I see you have been doing some craft classes as well. That sounds like so much fun.

Pat, glad the light is turned on at the end of the tunnel. You will really feel great when this weekend is over and you have all items delivered for sale or donate. Enjoy your good weather as well.

Lizzy, how many more days until your vacation begins? Hope things are smoothing out for you.

Carrie, if the food at the new pub is as good as it looks, I would have trouble staying away!

Paula, Happy Anniversary! Hope you are enjoying Lansing!

Nancy, hope everything is well with you.

I still have not heard on the job I interviewed for, so I am applying for other jobs. I did not go in yesterday and will only go in about an hour or so this week to take care of the little things that crop up. Will continue to do so until end of year close out and close down and hand off to accountant for tax returns and final close. Such an emotional week.

The Sweet Adelines have been using my big garage today and yesterday for their garage sale. So far it has been pretty successful for them and I like having people around.

Not much else going on here. Heading out to the Veterans Day parade. Amber and her band group are marching in it. Then need to stop for some groceries as some point this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Flee57 Offline
#1454 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:57:40 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good afternoon from sunny and 67* Rising Sun!

Rhonda, it's a bit breezy here today. Probably will be more so tomorrow if you are windy today. 80* is awesome. We are supposed to be around 70 but turning cold on Mon with thunderstorms. I'm sorry that you had an emotional week at work. I went through that when the store I worked at closed down. It was an awesome and unique store and I really enjoyed working there. I am still loving the job. I start Zumba in a couple weeks!

Pat, as soon as I finish this post I am off to clean, organize and purge. I just want to throw away stuff I don't use anymore! I'm tired of it all just "being in the house"!

Well I hope everyone else is having a great day!

Later!

Lizzy Offline
#1455 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 3:55:24 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good Saturday friends! Sorry for being gone for so long....and for perhaps being a bit on the dark side. (I heard what Carrie said.)

Pat, your daughter, Stephanie, is a good, smart, caring Mom who has her son's best interests at heart. I had a boy with autism in my class many years ago and at times it was tough caring for him. No one at the school recognized his needs as he had never been properly diagnosed. Everyone said he had a "problem handling his anger" because when he became overwhelmed he had meltdowns which showed his frustration and anger. (Our school psychologist was such a buffoon and unfortunately the boy's father was in massive denial about the seriousness of the child's problems.) At any rate, managing him was way easier than this Mario is, if you can believe it because he and I had such a strong bond.

At any rate, I have the OK for a parent to accompany Mario on the next one and I'm greatly relieved!

School is moving along just fine. We are accomplishing all sorts of things and making headway toward finishing things up for our break. I am looking forward to it with great delight. I have 8.5 more teaching days. We have Monday off for Veteran's Day so there are four teaching days this week and 2.5 the next. I can't believe it's almost here!!

My big plans for my break involve decluttering the bonus room which is where my office and scrapping stuff are. We have about 5 very tall bookshelves in there and they are mainly filled with the girls' books. I think I will be packing those into book boxes and moving them into the garage so that I can have full use of the bookshelves myself. I want to rework my scrapping area to fully utilize the shelves so that my scrapping stuff doesn't feel so crowded and cluttered. I also want to purge all of my stuff, scrapping and otherwise, and get rid of everything I do not use. I have way too much saved and stored and...well, you all know the rest of that sentence. I've purged my closet, bedroom, and bathroom pretty decently plus the family room and kitchen. It isn't that it can't be done again, but doing it would be a pretty quick thing. The bonus room is the one room I haven't touched. So, if I do it, I will make a huge headway.

I need to make up our Thanksgiving menu - football food - and then begin to work on Christmas ideas.

Sarah got a job offer...she will get the formal offer this next week as it has to go through the university...but it's a combination lab manager and lab associate. She actually does not want to do a post-doc which is what most new PhD's do. She is not convinced she wants to do research and pursue a college-level teaching position - for any number of reasons - so this is exactly what she wants. She liked the guy with whom she interviewed and the research he does is fairly similar to the research she has been doing with apoptosis (cell death). I'll keep you all posted.

Paula, congratulations to you and Greg on your 27th anniversary! And many, many more!!

Rhonda, I'm glad the Adelines are keeping you company in your big garage.

Carrie, you are keeping yourself busy and out of trouble. Same for you, Pat.

We are heading out in awhile to look at new dishwashers. Ours would be fine except the racks are totally destroyed and rusted through. An applicance store nearby is having a sale. Then we are meeting Kat and Malcolm for dinner about halfway between here and LA to give her some paperwork for her car. We might even hit the Sears near the restaurant to see what they have in the dishwasher line if we don't find anything this afternoon. I actually know what I want...I'm generally just checking prices.

Everyone take care.....
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1456 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:31:59 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Well, we made it home this afternoon. Then we went to church and my sister and I ran to Aldis and WM. I am going to a pot luck pagent-stuff meeting tomorrow and I hadn't figured out what I was going to bring. When I went to the store I was tossing around about 4 ideas.

I kept getting sidetracked from checking in. Tonight I have chicken in the crock pot for chicken sandwiches (Chris's recipe from our swap) and I made those pretzel candy things. (pretzel, kiss, m&m and pretzel, rolo, pecan)

Laurie, I am so sorry about your sugar issue. What a terrible scare that must have been!! Like the others said, sometimes that is just what it takes to really make one realize just what's at stake. I am so glad for you that you are making a commitment to better health. I am glad you feel safe here to share and you are right, we are here to support you and we will!!! :)

Rhonda, the sale sounds like it would be fun!! How nice of you to let them have it there. Hope it was successful for them. Sounds like the weather was good for it.
Sorry you haven't heard anything about the other job. Can you call them to follow up on it?

Lizzy, your break is comming up quickly! Yipee!!
Did you find a deal on a dishwasher?? You know I need one of those too!! However, mine has only leaked once more since you have been here.
How was your dinner with the kids?
Good news for Sarah, it sounds like a good deal! :)
Lizzy, I would so love to scrap with you all weekend!! The lady who headed this gathering up for the last 7 years is not going to continue but she asked the ladies at the crop to take over and three agreed to do it together. I don't know if there will be any changes but usually they meet in March and Nov. We will stay in touch about that...OK?

Pat, will you have anything left in your house?? ;) hehe You are really making good progress.

Thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes! I don't even know how that many years have gone by.

Well, I am tired and my warm bed is waiting....think I am going to call it a night.

Edited by user Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:33:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lizzy Offline
#1457 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 12:22:31 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi again!

Yes, dinner with the kids was nice. We went to an Italian restaurant. I brought half of mine home! Before we went, we stopped at an appliance store here in town. I found the Whirlpool DW I had my eye on. The man "thought" they had a black one in the warehouse but had to check. Ditto on the trash compactor. So, we left with the deal that he would check on the warehouse and call us tomorrow.

We had dinner with the kids and there was a Sears right next to the restaurant. Terry wanted to go to Target, so I went over to the Sears. They had a Frigidaire DW which was comparable to the Whirlpool for less $$, plus a much less expensive trash compactor. We got them ordered, arranged for delivery and installation, plus got the discount which is only for tomorrow, and it's now a done deal! It will be taken care of on Monday, November 19th! It will be nice to have a DW that the racks aren't rusted out! And a trash-compactor that actually works!

Paula, I will keep my fingers crossed for the crop. If I can't make it in March, I should be able to in November since I won't be working then! The only thing that would get in the way would be our 30th anniversary celebration trip...but I really don't know what we will be doing, so hopefully we can arrange it around a weekend-long crop!

Well, I am getting sleepy here so I'm going to say g'night and hit the rack.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1458 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 7:07:52 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good Sunday morning. What an absolutely beautiful weekend. Can't the weather stay. Please God!

Lizzy sounds like you had a good day yesterday. Congratulations to Sarah. Getting an offer is more than half the battle.

Paula don't you hate it when you can't decide what to take for pot luck. Lately, I always make salad that way I have something to eat just in case.

Rhonda sure hope a job offer comes through for you. So did the Adelines sing while they were in your garage. That would be fun to go to a musical garage sale.

Pat if you make it to Cleveland you are welcome to come visit and stay here. I'm not the close to Cleveland but maybe we could meet up.

Laurie I am proud of you. You realized what the problem is and you owned up to it. You can do this! If you ever need someone to talk you out of eating something you can call me. I am doing this for another friend.

Well Jim went golfing after mass. I am going to get the Christmas lights out of the attic so we can get the lights on the house up. Better to do this while the weather is good. This morning I am going to get up to the craft room and do a couple more layouts for the baby book. I need to get a handle on this so I can get back to scrapping my trip. I still have Athens to do.

Enjoy today!

imnchghere Offline
#1459 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 7:24:53 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. so glad for another nice weather day. After we return from dropping off the craft donations, we are going to finish cleaning up the yard. At least that is the plan. I have peonies, hostas, and frozen impatiens to cut back. I would like to have Jim pull up about half the glads by the chimney, but I don't think that will happen. Not really the time of year to be doing that. Could probably also rake up a few leaves. I love to rake as it is good exercise.
That will about do it for yard work.

Then I will continue working on the inside stuff. I am going to try to work on the family room and the spare bedroom. Won't be able to finish either, but will be able to get some things put away. Tomorrow we will continue to work on the garage since the weather will be good for one more day. There are a lot of things that can go out for charity p/u on Wed. What doesn't get p/u will have to be hauled off tp Salvation Army or Good Will.

It is time for us to get on the road. Will catch up later.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1460 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:51:34 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

Chicken sandwiche stuff is mixed up and in the crock pot. Candy treats are done. Need to plate them up.
I am going today with my friend that drags me to crop weekends. She is on the board of the organization and between that and Serina being involved in the pagents, I got involved. It started with the little princess pagent I helped with last year.

Pat, I hope you get to work in the yard. We have more to do and they are saying the S word for tonight. Hopefully they are wrong.

Carrie, I think getting the outside decorations up is a really good idea. Our cold stuff is probably heading your way. Well, it is November so I guess it's expected. Blink

Lizzy, you did well finding what you needed!! Too bad you couldn't order one for me. I need a stove top/hood too!! Tongue
When we get closer to the crops we will see what happens. I don't usually go in march but would make an exception if you came! Who knows, maybe some other challenged friends would join us. (although I love the get togethers we have done so far and would do that again!! It just isn't very productive as far as cropping goes)

OK, I need to jump in the shower and finish getting ready.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!
Lizzy Offline
#1461 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:46:46 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends,

I doubt that I could make the March crop, Paula, because of my work schedule (this year) but after this school year...well, I am going to retire unless I get some sort of news that makes me change my mind, but it is more than 50% decided at this time.

I do like our Challenge Get-Together as well and don't want to stop doing those, either. Again, after June, my availability will be much more open which should work better for everyone else, especially Nancy.

Before I worked, I used to have a scrapping page set up all the time and spent some time everyday working on it. I hope to get that going again after I retire!

Paula, I was impressed with the Sears' prices on applicances...so if you have one nearby, it might be worth checking them out. They beat out the competition!

Not doing much today...laundry, tidying up the house, hanging out, keeping up with you guys! I found an old rerun of Mad Men to watch...one I hadn't seen. Hmmmmm!

rm920 Offline
#1462 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 6:16:11 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning friends....

Lizzy, what fun - getting new appliances! I am glad you were able to find a good deal. Hope the days fly by this week so you are one step closer to vacation!

Pat, did you get to spend time in the yard yesterday?

Carrie, yes the ladies did sing at times. It was fun and the shoppers really enjoyed it when they sang. They said it was a very successful sale.

Paula, hope the s**w didn't materialize last night. I am so not ready for that kind of weather. We did get down to 20* last night - after 70's on Saturday!

I got an email reminder yesterday that I am hosting a Stampin' Up craft party tonight. I had forgotten about that. So if anyone needs any SU product let me know. If I can get enough sales I will get a complete set of ink stamp pads in all the current colors! Would so love to earn that but probably won't get the sales as I don't know too many ladies in my area. We will be doing a stamp craft so that should be fun.

Hope everyone has a great start to the new week!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1463 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 7:28:45 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

Lizzy, our Sears closed. There is probably onein South Bend or hen we head north we probably pass one. With Whirlpool headquarters here, we usually can find some deals around here. Guess I have to look around.

Rhonda, the sale sounds like it was fun!! I am glad they were successful!
No snow. BigGrin It is just wet out there.
How funny that you forgot about the party!! That sounds like something I would do! Have fun tonight!

Not sure what I am doing today. I guess I should start thinking about Thanksgiving. My sister in town is coming with her DH and my nephew (Katie's family) and my sister, nephew and dad are coming from up north. It will be laid back. DH's b-day is that day too. (he was born on Thanksgiving it just doesn't always fall on that day)
imnchghere Offline
#1464 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 7:29:16 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Monday morning.. I am a bit behind here and not sure I have the energy to catch up.

Yesterday was productive, but not as good as I had hoped in the yard. So we are back out there today. It shouldn't take long to get the front cleaned up as we got a start on it yesterday. All the craft donations were dropped off for the Dec sale. OMG, they have so much stuff. It will be a crafter's heaven for supplies. I did take some partial photo mat stacks for the art teachers at school. Jim also helped my friend get some heavy things moved around. We then stopped by a crop on the way home and I p/u the class supplies I had ordered for the SU ornament on the front of their holiday catalog. I am going to have to do the class on my own. I have a utube video and my friend showed me a few tips.
Last night I finished up the 60+ tiny bows for my cards.
Rhonda, I hope you have a good party tonight. I don't use much SU items since I am not a stamper. It about killed me to buy the supplies for this class. I am hoping to make a few of the ornaments for gifts, but it is going to take a chunk of my time. Although another friend at the crop yesterday told me she made 6 fairly quickly, once she got going. She did all the stamping, then the cutting, then the assembly. That is how I figured I would do it, but I need to do one first.

So in a nutshell... 7 boxes out of the LR yesterday and a ton of empty boxes out for recycle this morning. Trash had already been hauled to the dump.

Lizzy, I hope the rest of this school session goes smoothly/quickly and that you are productive on your break without any stress. Also congratulations to Sarah on her job offer. Sounds like it is just what she wants.

I hope everyone's weekend was good and that the week ahead is good also. I need to feed a sourdough starter so I can possibly make the rolls for Thanksgiving. Still not sure who all will be there. I am also continuing with the purging. Jim is home today, so will be taking advantage of his muscle. The heirloom cactus will go upstairs today. And we will continue with the garage.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1465 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 12:11:09 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Laurie, sorry the one with you is blurry, must be my sweet picture taking skills. Where was Nancy when we needed her???!
Love the ones of Lizzy and Laurie scrapping. Too bad that's all I have. :(
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1466 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 3:30:28 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Paula I wish you'd loose those already. I have no make up on and I look as tired as I felt. LOL The girls night looks fun. So how many times did you put mayo in your hair when you were young?

Pat sounds like you had a very productive day. I wish I could come to the garage sale. I am looking for an old paper line from Basic Gray called "Oh Baby!" It would be perfect for the baby book I am doing. Haven't found anything as nice.

Rhonda have fun with the party tonight. I hope you get your quota. I don't use Stampin' Up either. I can't stand to even stamp my Christmas cards. That may be why I procrastinate.

Well I got 3 very detailed layouts done today. Yea! It was cold and rainy here so I hibernated. I have a feeling we are in for a nasty winter and I am not looking forward to it. We have lucked out in past years so we are do. I have also found that with CCR I I can sit in front of the tv and create may pages. Then I just go upstairs the next day and choose paper and make my cuts. Whalla!

Well I am going to get back to work and call my dad who had a PET scan done today. There won't be any results yet but want him to know I was thinking of him.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1467 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 3:58:21 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Carrie, was that after you spent the night on the couch, trying to sleep while people scrapped? Poor girl!! hehehe
Those are the only pics I got. Did anyone else take any?
I never heard of using mayo on hair. That was something Serina told us about. It made it really soft.
Nice job on the layouts! You are making progress!
I would like to put my hands on a gypsy and try it out. Rhonda showed me hers while she was here and it seemed like I could use one but I should have actually tried.
I hope your dad gets some answers and can move forward.

My step-dad called today and his wife fell again and broke her other hip. She just went through this with the other one. ugh!

When DS got home from band he and I raked the leaves away from the front entry and then raked a bit to fill up a tarp. And then it was dark!!!! I can't believe it's dark already. boohoo..
imnchghere Offline
#1468 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 6:37:02 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening everyone.. I am taking a break with a mug of steaming challenge tea and listening to Tran Siberian Orchestra. Decided to pop in here and see what is up..
Nice pictures Paula, thanks for sharing. That reminds me .. I need to hunt down a picture from several years ago for a layout.

Today was so productive, I surprised my self. We got the front yard cleaned up (again) and all the spent plants cut back or pulled up. The yard is ready for winter. From now on, Jim will be able keep up with the rest of the leaves using the mower. Deep sigh of relief....

We then worked on the garage. Got everything for p/u on Wed moved to the front, so I can just open the door and side it all into the driveway. Some large items and a number of boxes of things too heavy to go in bags. Still some small tubs out there to go though, but I can do them out there. I have a steamer trunk to put the keepers in, and the givers will stay in the tubs (which I don't want to keep) and be hauled to SA or GW. Lots of Christmas stuff. Have a huge bag of old Christmas lights that will go to Lowe's for recycle. Most have burnt out sections and just not worth keeping. I think we might skip lights this year. Jim got some things into the loft, which was great.

And so we are getting closer and closer to being ready for the holidays.

Carrie, I have some pieces of Oh Baby, but not a lot. I loved that paper. I love most all BG.

Started working on the SU ornament. I think once I can concentrate it will go quickly. I figured out which plates to use with the cuttlebug, so when I get the stamping part done, I can do the cuts. I had to scrounge for a smooth cs in the right color. I had slightly textured vanilla, but not smooth. Found enough sheets (I think) in an iris box. I really need to get my cs into the paper racks.

Paula, sorry to her about your step-dad's wife's hip. That has got to be hard on her.

Well, I started this over an hour ago and have done some of the cuts for the ornament on the cricut, that would have been done with a punch.
Going to focus now on getting my work space tidied up, so I can maybe take some time tomorrow to make at least one ornament.

Edited by user Monday, November 12, 2012 6:40:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1469 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:31:28 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!!

Cold but the only sign of snow is a little bit that has blown in the cracks of the deck.
Today is monster house but DS is going along. At first he helped me out when he wasn't working but now I told him as long as he doesn't work on Tues. he has to go with me. That day is always a big house. :) for me, :( for him. haha

Rhonda, did you have fun last night?

Pat, I don't really know what your doing with the SU ornament, I guess I haven't seen that.
It sounds like you and Jim got a lot done.

What is everyone doing today??
imnchghere Offline
#1470 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:25:02 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning... I am off to a decent start this morning. Plan is to try to finish up the spare bedroom today and I would like to also see if I can fill a bag of clothing. Right now it is partial. I would love to have closure on the top floor today.
Paula, having help today on the house will be good. The ornament is made with stamped images that are then cut out and assembled to make a flower like ornament. It is on the cover of the holiday catalog. I am thinking if you go to the SU website you could see it. After I thought I would like to make a dozen for gifts, I realized that is almost 500 images (there are 40 for each one), so maybe (probably) I won't be making them for gifts. Oh well
Rhonda, how did your party go? I have never been to a party. Mainly because there is always a SU rep at the crops I attend. The same for CTMH. They always do a make & take and have tons of samples on display. What did you end up making?

Our weather has turned chilly, but will be back near 50 by the weekend. No snow in the forecast (even in the mountains), but it is early yet for us in the metro area. NOT unheard of, but NOT normal.

Time for me to get together with some empty boxes that need to be filled. Oh and hopefully I can find time to stamp some of those images. I am not such a good stamper, but I will be by the time I make a few of these ornaments.