Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

TeresaSvoboda Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:12:59 PM(UTC)
TeresaSvoboda

Groups: Registered

I used my Gypsy a couple of months ago and it was fine. Today I plugged it in to recharge it and nothing has happened -- 5 hours later. The blue light comes on, but that's it. Customer Service walked me through a few attempts to make it come and nothing worked. She told me that my screen has gone out. Really!!!? I've probably only used this 4 or 5 times even though I have had it over a year. Her suggestion was to buy another one. As much as I love it, I don't think I'll be spending any more money on it. I think they have a real issue here that needs to be addressed. Shouldn't there be a fix, not just buy a new one?! Also, I tried connecting it to the computer and Gypsy Sync says the device was not found. Is that really a screen issue only?
Coah'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 1:03:35 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 13244 time(s) in 3718 post(s)
My understanding was that the Gypsy update back in February was supposed to prevent this problem. If you didn't get that update downloaded BEFORE you got the "black screen of death", there isn't any fixing it afterward. If your G is under warranty, they should replace it. If not, your only option is to buy a new one.
MsBEEhaven Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 8:16:09 PM(UTC)
MsBEEhaven

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hey, there! I've got the "black screen of death," myself. If it's true that there's no fix for it if I didn't update on time, what happens if I invest in a new one? How do I load all my cartridges onto a new Gypsy? By the way, my Gypsy has done this before, but if I let it use up its battery power, I can charge it and it works just fine. If I can get it to do this one more time, I'll try updating it, and maybe I won't be totally hosed. Kinda bugs me. As I've poked around in various places, I hear this same problem cropping up all over the place. Bites!! Mad