Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ScrappingAnita Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:05:54 PM(UTC)
ScrappingAnita

Groups: Registered

I have been trying for weeks to get CCR to run on my new laptop. Totally frustrated, I have tried everything mentioned on these message boards. I have spoken to customer service twice and my antivirus customer service once. Yesterday when I called cricut customer serviceMad they just blew me off and said they were aware that there was a problem. I was told last time that I called that a technician would link to my computer and install for me but that service was not offered yesterday. I need to get into CCR and do not know what else to do.
JeanP Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:40:36 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 735 time(s) in 618 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappingAnita Go to Quoted Post
I have been trying for weeks to get CCR to run on my new laptop. Totally frustrated, I have tried everything mentioned on these message boards. I have spoken to customer service twice and my antivirus customer service once. Yesterday when I called cricut customer serviceMad they just blew me off and said they were aware that there was a problem. I was told last time that I called that a technician would link to my computer and install for me but that service was not offered yesterday. I need to get into CCR and do not know what else to do.

Join the club!!!!!!
Maxluv Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 6:19:20 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 455 time(s) in 344 post(s)
It was actually posted on Facebook, not sure if it was posted on the main forum as well, but CCR was down..so that is probably one of the reasons you cannot get in.
CricutGena Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:06:27 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 969 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Scrappinganita- I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with Cricut craft Room. While we do have several resourses available to help our customers your issue may not be able to be resolved with a screen share session. What are you experiancing?
-PCgena
bethisscrapping8bf924da Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:30:03 AM(UTC)
bethisscrapping8bf924da

I have also been having this same problem. My computer is not new and the program worked on it for months. It stop ed working several weeks ago. I don't believe it is the antivirus program as ccr is being allowed by it. I have Norton. I was wondering if a gypsy is my way to go. Or are these being fazed out?
CricutGena Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:39:22 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 969 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bethisscrapping8bf924da Go to Quoted Post
I have also been having this same problem. My computer is not new and the program worked on it for months. It stop ed working several weeks ago. I don't believe it is the antivirus program as ccr is being allowed by it. I have Norton. I was wondering if a gypsy is my way to go. Or are these being fazed out?

Hello Beth! If your issues began several weeks ago it could be Norton. They had an update that has caused issues with the Craft Room program. There are some exceptions that need to be added to your Norton antivirus. These are Cricut Craft Room, Cricut Sync and the CCRbridge.exe program files from both Cricut Craft Room and Cricut Sync's program file folders. I hope this helps!
-PCGena
MThorfinns Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:43:33 PM(UTC)
MThorfinns

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Making sure that Norton's said Allow and not Auto, has not fixed my issue Crying
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:27:09 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
I had another program on my laptop the other day (mind you, I don't have any of my CRICUT machines on my laptop), but Microsoft Windows had (without my permission) updated something onto my computer that was an antivirus. I have NORTON on my computer. My laptop took hours to resolve issues because this new antivirus was scanning my computer and NOrton was trying to scan at the same time. Needless to say CPU useage at 100% doesn't allow anything to work very fast. I had to reboot to get CPU manageable for my laptop.

I UNINSTALLED this new Microsoft antivirus that was put on my machine without my knowledge (it had a tend with a flag flying on it down on the lower right corner where programs are running on your computer.

After I uninstalled it, my computer started acting more normal.

I have NO IDEA how Microsoft was allowed to introduce that antivirus without my knowledge.

Maybe some of you have something like that going on. Some NEW Antivirus trying to work with Norton. NORTON does suggest you turn off ALL other antivirus running on your computer.

PCGina - I didn't have any trouble with NORTON's updates (I have them update every night at 2:00AM) with my Expression on my Windows XP, nor on my MINI on my Windows 7; 64-Bit.

Char