Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JenniferW Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:08:23 AM(UTC)
JenniferW

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have had CCR on an HP Windows 7, 64 Bit laptop and it worked fine. When I signed in , it prompted me to update the version. Now, the program will not install properly and I get an error message that it cannot be accessed. I've uninstalled and re-installed. I've even tried links to prior versions, which also won't install. Has anyone else had this issue and/or solved this problem? Thx.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:20:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:33:30 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7584 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
Jennifer....I'm on DELL Windows 7; 64-Bit. I updated to BUILD 179 and my MINI attached to this computer is working fine, as I used it last night. Maybe HP and DELL work differently, but I don't know what the differences would be.

Maybe someone else can help with that. Just letting you know I was able to update and still use my MINI.

Char
MThorfinns Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 10:31:33 AM(UTC)
MThorfinns

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Jennifer....I'm on DELL Windows 7; 64-Bit. I updated to BUILD 179 and my MINI attached to this computer is working fine, as I used it last night. Maybe HP and DELL work differently, but I don't know what the differences would be.

Maybe someone else can help with that. Just letting you know I was able to update and still use my MINI.

Char

I have a Dell Windows 7: 64 Bit and just updated a few minutes ago to the newest version of CC. Now it won't open, it just hangs the screen indicating Cricut Craftroom is initializing. I even tried running it as an administrator. Not happy Angry
keysdeb Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 10:48:17 AM(UTC)
keysdeb

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I updated yesterday on the personal Cricut. No problems. I use Dell and Microsoft 7.

Hope you get it to work. BigGrin

Deb
doodlebuglvr Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 10:55:20 AM(UTC)
doodlebuglvr

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I too have been having a problem with craft room. I could not install and had to spend 2.5 hours with support linked to my computer to get it to install. We did a test cut and it worked. Today I went to open it and it asked if I wanted to update - I said yes and now my error message is back. I am not enjoying this. Also, I am not looking forward to another 2.5 process to get it to work.
JenniferW Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 11:00:33 AM(UTC)
JenniferW

Thx Ladies. I have been trying different solutions, administrator, etc. It just won't install. I can see that it is still on the computer under "program files(x86)" files even after I uninstall it. So it won't even let me reinstall because there is already a file by that name. Yet, when I try to open the file, I get a message that it cannot be accessed. I've also tried to save elsewhere and run installation from there. No dice. Very frustrating. Angry
JenniferW Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 11:02:57 AM(UTC)
JenniferW

Originally Posted by: doodlebuglvr Go to Quoted Post
I too have been having a problem with craft room. I could not install and had to spend 2.5 hours with support linked to my computer to get it to install. We did a test cut and it worked. Today I went to open it and it asked if I wanted to update - I said yes and now my error message is back. I am not enjoying this. Also, I am not looking forward to another 2.5 process to get it to work.

Doodlebuglvr, do you know what they did to get it working over the 2.5 hours?

Edited by user Sunday, October 28, 2012 11:12:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:03:32 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7584 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
Can you right click on the CCR Icon and TROUBLESHOOT COMPATABILITY? Maybe that will give you an indication of what you need to do?

If either of you INSTALLED/REINSTALLED, when you uninstalled, did you uninstall ADOBE AIR at the same time? I think you need to do that.

ADOBE AIR latest update on my computer says: Version 3.4.0.2710

Char
JessicaKinsel Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:56:13 AM(UTC)
JessicaKinsel

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I have a HP too and I am having the same problem. I already had CCR on my laptop and have used it fine. Today when I went to access CCR it said to update so I clicked update. It updated AIR and then when I went to use CCR it told me I needed to update again even though I already had. I then unistalled it and reinstalled it and now it just says it intiallizing. Really frustrating since I have stuff to work on for a Halloween Party tomorrow. Guess I should probably just forget about it.

Jessica
JenniferW Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:10:02 PM(UTC)
JenniferW

No luck so far. I called PC. They are to call me back for a session where they have remote access to my laptop, but I've heard nothing yet. This if keeping me from buying the MINI. I have CCR on a Mac Mini desktop, but I would like the portability of my laptop with the MINI.
JessicaKinsel Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:56:57 PM(UTC)
JessicaKinsel

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I would have called, but I am already over on my minutes on my cell phone. I figure since I'm not the only one having the problem it is a problem they need to fix not me. Let me know what you find out. I'd really like to be able to use CCR tonight.

Jessica
JenniferW Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:18:09 PM(UTC)
JenniferW

I'm up and running! Thanks to HP tech support for my laptop, CCR and Sync are installed and I can open the application. I haven't tried to cut yet. It took about an hour with remote access. I'm not completely sure what the tech did, but it seems (after fooling around with the files and settings) he saved and ran the installation from my desktop instead of the Program x86 file that I could not access or replace. Try tech support for your computer. I haven't heard back from PC. Good luck.
 1 user thanked JenniferW for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/8/2013(UTC)
renda91ffc5b6 Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 4:02:36 PM(UTC)
renda91ffc5b6

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've had the same problem since I installed the new CCR version one day last Fall. I'm running a HP with 64-bit Windows 7. I just uninstalled Adobe Air 3.5, uninstalled CCR, rebooted my computer. Then downloaded and installed Adobe Air 3.6, reinstalled CCR, and it's working now!!! :)
 1 user thanked renda91ffc5b6 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/8/2013(UTC)