Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Beth Anne Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 7:20:56 PM(UTC)
Beth Anne

Groups: Registered

Hello!

I have just acquired this cartridge. I've used the font and planned some birthday cards, but I'm puzzled by the windows feature...can anyone explain to me what this is to be used for?

Thanks so much,
Beth Anne
Mari Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 1:14:37 PM(UTC)
Mari

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 29 post(s)
The window feature is so you can cut it out to place over the middle box area and maybe have a hidden message on your robot, if that makes sense at all. I made a robot, glued the window on, glued the original shape inside and put a heart inside. I hoep this makes sense. I also cut it at the same size - I cut a 4" robot and left that as my setting to get the right size window. If you had not asked this question I would have missed the window feature so I was curious and had to go check it out. Thanks for the great question and awareness you brought because of it.
JenniferPetrisek Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 11:02:49 AM(UTC)
JenniferPetrisek

Thanks for posting how to use the Window function... I was wondering about that as well.
momaa2ac8ef Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:53:26 PM(UTC)
momaa2ac8ef

I just purchased this wonderful cartridge and wondered about the window, too. The earlier suggestions occurred to me while musing, but also it would be cute to make some little paper gears and make it so you could open the window and look "inside" the robot. Would love to see Cricut do a Steampunk cart with gears and all the trappings of that wonderful genre. The Robotz cartridge could have so many uses in tandem with that theme! (as well as the Halloween, Over the Hill and any Victorian-themed cartridges-just sayin')