Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

giulia08917428d6 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 1:05:42 PM(UTC)
giulia08917428d6

Groups: Registered

There are paper fragments stuck to my mat. How do I clean it? How do I make sure it stays sticky? Should I always load the mat same direction or should I turn it so I get use from all areas of the mat?
Larmabee Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 2:07:27 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
You can scrape your mat either with a cricut scraper, credit card, anything that has a straight thin edge. When my mat gets really covered with "fluff" and loses stickiness, I spray it with household cleaner, let it soak and then give it a really good scrape. Then I rinse all the goop off and let it air dry. This normally restores the mat to a good stickiness.
To keep your mat sticky, keep it reasonably clean, don't leave paper on it for extended periods of time and replace the clear plastic protective sheet when not in use.
I rotate my mat as well as trying to cut in a variety of positions to prolong the life of my mat.
It will get to the point where the scraping and washing won't help anymore. At this point you need to remove all the stickiness. I use Goo B Gone, let it soak and then a super good scrape. All sorts of gummy stuff comes off at this point. Rinse the mat, let it completely air dry and then spray it thouroughly with a repostionable adhesive (I use Scotch Spray mount, but there are lots of equally as good products available), let it air dry completely (1 hour at least) and then you are good to go for a long time again.
 1 user thanked Larmabee for this useful post.
richnstiffy9e8a76e9 on 10/15/2012(UTC)
southgirltexas Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 1:16:26 PM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 568 time(s) in 340 post(s)
I use hot water and dish washing liquid and scrub gently with a nylon scrubber...rinse (hot) water and let air dry. In between I use a lint roller to pick up bits of paper. DO keep the clear covering on your mat when not in use...DO put the clear covering on the side it came on orginally (I use a marker and write the date on the clear film the date it was bought). I have used the repositionable spray and Alene's tack it watered down a bit.
TammyPuckett Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 1:31:51 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 319 time(s) in 181 post(s)
I use baby wipes! Works great & it's cheap!
giggles9124 Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:18:13 AM(UTC)
giggles9124

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I love using baby wipes and keep the clear cover on when not in use. Works like a charm every time until its time to re sticky!BigGrin