Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<12345>»
TurtleBug Offline
#61 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 11:31:59 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 906 time(s) in 577 post(s)
Good Morning Ladies,
Hoping to get at least one card done today, getting ready for Joey's week-end soccer tournament in Phoenix and won't have too much time to craft, won't be back till late Sunday. This is the time of year that REALLY starts getting hectic for us. Starting in October with so many B'days in this month, then Thanksgiving, more soccer, more of Sienna's dance and theater performances, then time to make Tamales, Christmas shopping and Christmas itself and the BEST of all my Sailor grandson will be home on leave between Christmas and New Years, then more January B'days. WHEW...I'm tired already just thinking about it all.
Everyone have a great and enjoyable week-end!BigGrin
SandyPalmer Offline
#62 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 11:59:35 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Turtlebug, your ghostly poo is so cute! Umm, ok, for some reason that doesn't sound right, LOL! LOL Those mini monsters, etc turned out really cute too! Glad you will have your grandson home for the holidays! You sound like you are going to be quite busy, but it sound like so many fun things too!

BingoLady, oh, cute Halloween card! Love that cat! Great embossing as always!

Suevan, love your Halloween card! I absolutely love everything about it! When I have problems with Spellbinders that stick, I always use wax paper and they seem to pop out of there beautifully!

1 user thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/12/2012(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#63 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 1:57:06 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
OK got my #1 done and it is one of the birthday cards I needed to make. We have a great granddaughter turning 1 in early November, so this is for her.
The bow was cut from the Ariste cartridge out of glitter paper. Paper are from an Imaginisce Princess paper pack

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 10/13/2012(UTC)
sunnieday Offline
#64 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 5:27:00 PM(UTC)
sunnieday

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 326 time(s) in 219 post(s)
Im trying to post my second card. for some reason, tiny pic wont work for me anymore.. grrrr

It worked for my third sketch as well.. first halloween for my grandson.Flapper

Edited by user Friday, October 12, 2012 5:28:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sunnieday attached the following image(s):
cardforu2.jpg
hunter.jpg
 1 user thanked sunnieday for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 10/13/2012(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#65 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:08:31 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
We celebrated our 43rd Anniversary yesterday............plus..........the house was
robbed!!!! ThumbDown I'm so thankful that they only took a few pieces of gold jewelry.

This is the Ad Color Card and also the Halloween one. I still feel like I need to add something but I'm not sure what. What do you think? Maybe a few small buttons in the corners? I made the card a 5x5 as the stamp didn't look right on a smaller card.

Papers from MME "Haunted" series.
Stamp by Magnolia
Colored with Copics
Bat from MS Bat Border Punch
Black stickles
MFT Black Cardstock
Edges antiqued with Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]

I doubled layered the Tilda stamp, popped out the bow again, and the bat has 3 layers.

DeeScraps Offline
#66 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:25:15 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
On some dies, yes. Especially the little thin ones but the die itself provides tiny little holes you can poke the paper out... LOL! It's great to see you back here! I've missed you and your humor... an of course your cards

Did you know that they now sell a metal plate that you use with those die-cuts and they cut perfect? I saw it for the first time at the My Favorite Things store when I went for my last card class. I have also seen it advertised on some of the online stores. It looks like it's well worth the money (about $11) if you cut doilies or dies that are hard to get all the little pieces punched out. I believe it's made especially for the Cuttlebug, but I could be wrong about that.

Dee
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/13/2012(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#67 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 8:29:27 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post

Did you know that they now sell a metal plate that you use with those die-cuts and they cut perfect? I saw it for the first time at the My Favorite Things store when I went for my last card class. I have also seen it advertised on some of the online stores. It looks like it's well worth the money (about $11) if you cut doilies or dies that are hard to get all the little pieces punched out. I believe it's made especially for the Cuttlebug, but I could be wrong about that.

Dee

Later: I found this photo of the metal plate.

1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#68 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 9:53:29 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 616 post(s)
Dee, I'm so sorry to hear about the robbery, It is so sad when they take your
things, but I hope you and your hubby didn't get hurt. A prayer for you to keep you safe.Love Love
SHELBYWOO Offline
#69 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 10:26:14 AM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

Was thanked: 360 time(s) in 249 post(s)
raq great jrs card that green is amazing and love all the wonderful embellies ya put on it!

sunnie glad you had a chance to join in great first card and ooooh there are the butterflies :) cute ghost card!

turtlebug hehehe great treat bag too!!

bingolady love that ad color card great job!

suevan love the halloween card and you are def right great papers!!

nanadonna that card is so very precious and love the color combo you used!

dee oooooooooh can i have that halloween card I LOOOOOOOOOOVE it hehehe :)

ok bout to start doing some crafting......prolly wont have anything to do with the challenge but i will come back and share! :) hehehe
 1 user thanked SHELBYWOO for this useful post.
SHELBYWOO Offline
#70 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 10:42:19 AM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

Dee Happy Late Anniversary!!!!!! So sorry to hear about the break in though....glad they didn't get your crafting goodies! hehehe and so glad that you and DH are ok!!
*NanaDonna* Offline
#71 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 11:16:50 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
DEE Happy 43rd Anniversary congratulations!

So sorry to hear about your break in and that they didn't get too much jewelry they must have been uninterruptedGlare . But is must be an awful feeling just knowing they were in your house. Hope the insurance company covers everything for you. HUGS!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#72 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 11:50:21 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Happy Saturday everyone! Sorry, I didn't get to chat much yesterday. I've kept myself busy making sketch 3s... I made 8 of them... that's right 8! I'll share those with you all 2 by 2 so not to spam the thread with the same looking cards and bore everyone. HAH HAH!

*NanaDonna*: sweet sweet sweet card... love every color on this card. The paper bow is just so cute! I'll have to try that cut sometime. Wonderful details

sunnieday: pretty cards... the first one reminds me of you so much with the colors and the butterfly. Awesome Halloween card for a first... take lots of pictures when he goes Trick-or-Treating!

DeeScraps: I love your Halloween card and I think it's perfect just the way it is. Awesome coloring and shading of the image and great mix of patterned papers here. Well done!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#73 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 11:53:35 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug wrote:
Good Morning Ladies,
Hoping to get at least one card done today, getting ready for Joey's week-end soccer tournament in Phoenix and won't have too much time to craft, won't be back till late Sunday. This is the time of year that REALLY starts getting hectic for us. Starting in October with so many B'days in this month, then Thanksgiving, more soccer, more of Sienna's dance and theater performances, then time to make Tamales, Christmas shopping and Christmas itself and the BEST of all my Sailor grandson will be home on leave between Christmas and New Years, then more January B'days. WHEW...I'm tired already just thinking about it all.
Everyone have a great and enjoyable week-end!BigGrin

I have a huge family with birthdays all over the place... so I know what you mean plus with the holidays coming up too!
britishgirl Offline
#74 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 11:56:20 AM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 142 post(s)
here is my number 3 not so sure about all the white space and i used happy hauntings and george
britishgirl attached the following image(s):
for contest.jpg
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#75 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 11:57:27 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

DeeScraps wrote:
We celebrated our 43rd Anniversary yesterday............plus..........the house was
robbed!!!! ThumbDown I'm so thankful that they only took a few pieces of gold jewelry.

First of all...

I'm really sorry to hear about the robbery. That's so scary! Crying

I'm also thankful that you weren't in the house and that you're safe. Sending *HUGS* your way
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#76 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 11:59:34 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

DeeScraps wrote:

Dee

I have all sorts of die-cutting plates including metal but there are just some dies where the paper just likes to cling on to them. I suppose it really depends on the paper more than the plates you use though? I really don't know

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#77 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:02:18 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Heee heee... someone snuck in a card while I was quoting people...

britishgirl: LOVE your card... the mouse is so cute and I like the white spaces. It gives it a clean and elegant touch to the cuteness. Ok, I'm really liking how you did that pointy bow bit with the button on the center. What a great touch!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#78 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:08:45 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Alright... here are the first 2 of 8 sketch 3 cards I made. They are all very simple and all pretty much the same. All papers used for all 8 are from the very first paper stack I ever bought from 2009 when I first joined this forum. It's all DCWV. all the embellishments are also from my stash that has been sticking around for nearly 3 years

I made 8 of these cards to mail out my son's first ever school pictures to some family members

Cartridge used: Fabulous Finds and Wild Card

I also made matching envelops! I've been busy!

Edited by user Saturday, October 13, 2012 9:01:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot a cartridge

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#79 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:29:00 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Hubby and I have a date night tonight so we're going to watch a movie and have dinner while my mom watches our kids... woohoo!!!

See you all later!
SHELBYWOO Offline
#80 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 1:02:07 PM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

british girl love that card so cute!!!!

SHELBYWOO Offline
#81 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 1:03:37 PM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

raq what movie ya going to see???? tis fun to get a night out thats for sure, enjoy!!!

i got three more cards made wootwoot and by the sketches too i thought i wouldnt but hey they worked out pretty good for what wanted to do! :)

SHELBYWOO Offline
#82 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 1:04:59 PM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

SHELBYWOO Offline
#83 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 1:06:53 PM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

the two pumpkin cards i entered in over at Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge anyone wanting to go over and participate am sure Glenda would love to see you there!!! :)
SHELBYWOO Offline
#84 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 1:08:14 PM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

raq those cards for the pics are too cute!!! simple is great!!!!!! can't wait to hopefully see the pics of all the kiddos :) hint hint! :)
Gisele Offline
#85 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 2:20:15 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Hey everyone! Sorry I haven’t been consistent in the past few months as work has been extra challenging and demanding of my time. It will get better in November but thanks for letting me pop in and out!

Michelle – thanks for the wonderful sketches and I too was thinking there might be a Halloween extra credit ! Hope you’re feeling better! Great samples too! Love the flowers, choice of papers, feathers… all great! What a perfect Halloween card! Love your card in the ad colours! Good luck in selling your Halloween treat bags! Wow Michelle – I can’t keep up with all of your cards this week! Wonderful thanksgiving cards!

Dee – thanks for the great colour scheme! Happy belated anniversary! So sorry that you were robbed on a wonderful evening! I’m glad to hear no one was hurt in the process but it is still unnerving! Love your Halloween card – such a cute image and so nicely coloured with your Copics!

Sue – what a wonderful card for your son’s friend! I get last minute requests too from my kids and they're not always easy to pull-off in a hurry!

Sandy – Love the vintage type card for your father! The stitching on the smaller squares really looks good!

Joyful Carol – I missed your earlier post with the explosion box but TFS the details! What an amazing job!

BingoLady - Great interpretation of sketch #1 – like how you criss-crossed the ribbon! Perfect card for sketch #2 in the ad colours!

RAQ – Wonderful “thinking of you” card and I always associate flowers, feathers and flourishes with your creations! Beautiful! 8 cards for sketch #3 – wow! Amazing work! Hope you had a great date night with your DH!

SunnieDay – A great card for Sketch #1! Sketches 2 and 3 are wonderful too! Cute Halloween card!

Turtlebug – great images for your DGS windows and what a great treat bag too!

Suevan – Love your Halloween card and thanks for pointing out the black velvet zigzag!

Donna – such a beautiful card for your great grand-daughter! Nice bow from the Artiste cartridge!

Britishgirl – I love your Halloween card, such a cute mouse and I think the spacing is good!

3 users thanked Gisele for this useful post.
SHELBYWOO on 10/13/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/13/2012(UTC), AcrossThePond on 10/14/2012(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#86 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 2:26:35 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Here is my Sketch #3. I used Cricut to cut all the circles/squares and Ornamental Iron 2 for the small flourish on the left. The dangling silvery thing is actually a old earring that my mom gave me and I thought it would be a good embellishment for this card. Flowers, ribbon and gems from my stash.
Gisele attached the following image(s):
SAM_1215.jpg
SandyPalmer Offline
#87 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 2:58:44 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Donna, what an adorable baby's first birthday card! Love the colors and papers you chose for it! So dainty! Love that bow too!

Sunnie, Oh, pretty butterfly card! The ghost card is so sweet! What a great Halloween card for your little grandson!

Dee, oh my gosh Dee, so sorry to hear that you were robbed! Glad they only took a few pieces of jewelry and nothing else! Glad know one was hurt either! Happy belated Anniversary to you and your hubby! Adorable Tilda Halloween card! Love it!!! I also own that metal plate you have mentioned! I agree with Raquel, it cuts things out beautifully, but popping them out easily depends on the die, and the paper! Glad you brought it up and showed it though!

Britishgirl, I have that cart and love that little mouse with the cape! I think it's one of my favorite images on that cartridge! Great job with it! Love the way you have that bow cut out! Love the spider web ribbon too!

Raquel, you always think of such clever ways to do things! Making a card for each family member to put your sons picture in to send everyone, you always go the extra mile! Your cards are to cute too!

Michelle, great set of fall cards! I am sure Glenda will really appreciate you entering too!

Gisele, so glad you had time to make a card! I really miss seeing your cards! Love the colors and papers you chose! Gorgeous flowers for a wonderful card!
 3 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
SHELBYWOO on 10/13/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/13/2012(UTC), Gisele on 10/14/2012(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#88 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 6:39:57 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 616 post(s)
Sue, nice Halloween card, I like the image.

Donna, love it , I like the little bow you made.

Sunnieday,nice cards ,The little ghost is so cute.

Dee, your card is so adorable, love the little bat boy.

Britishg,love the little mouse came out so nice.

Raquel, wow, nice cards with all the colors and decor.

Shelby, you have been buzy making great Halloween cards.

Gisele, Wow, you can pop in anytime to show off your wonderful cards, love those colors.

Love
 3 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
SHELBYWOO on 10/13/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/13/2012(UTC), Gisele on 10/14/2012(UTC)
SHELBYWOO Offline
#89 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:25:32 PM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

gisele love that card.....such a great color combo!!
Gisele on 10/14/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#90 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 8:52:27 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

SHELBYWOO wrote:
raq what movie ya going to see???? tis fun to get a night out thats for sure, enjoy!!!

We went to see Here comes Boom simply because it's Kevin James. He's funny!