Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

daniwakeley Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 2:09:03 PM(UTC)
daniwakeley

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi, everyone! I'm back with another wall inspiration for you all. I did this over the summer for a vacation bible school type of thing. I'm afraid that none of this is cricut-ed because the walls are so big...I had to make everything myself but if you wanted to use this idea you can find a couple cricut shapes that will work.

I noticed that if you wanted to make waves. They are on the "Life is a beach" cart. Also there is a pirate ship on "paper dolls dress up" and "designer's calender" to be honest I don't like their pirate ships shapes so I dunno whatever works for you. You can probably make you own its nothing but a half circle. Since I was on a budget I couldn't go crazy on buying materials so I just want to point out how cheap this can be...I got a big roll of craft paper from Walmart. For a smaller job you can get craft paper at dollar tree for a dollar. For the waves, I got 2 rolls of that art paper one blue and one light blue. For the pennants that are hanging about the wall, I got wrapping paper from party city, one black polka-dot and one red stripped. To make the pennants, you can make a template of a diamond from your cricut. After you cut all your diamonds out of wrapping paper, fold them in half, hole punch 2 holes, and stick them on twine. You can glue w/ a glue stick the ends so they don't separate. The sail is also made from the same wrapping paper. A cool note on wrapping paper...they now have some reversible wrapping paper at cvs which I also got and used for the other two sails which was red on one side and white/red polka dot on the other.

Next wall has a treasure chest...also used the same materials more/less(craft paper) I got some poster board @ Michaels its gold on one side and silver on the other. I also got some casio coins from party city to stick on the wall. I also bought some craft jewels from Michaels as well. I like how it came out, the map should have been bigger but oh well. The parrot I got a party store.

I hope this inspires you and have fun. If you need bigger images, they are attached below. Enjoy! :)
File Attachment(s):
DSCN0190.JPG (3,540kb) downloaded 88 time(s).
DSCN0179.JPG (3,089kb) downloaded 62 time(s).
DSCN0172.JPG (3,143kb) downloaded 50 time(s).
DSCN0169.JPG (3,045kb) downloaded 53 time(s).
 3 users thanked daniwakeley for this useful post.
Teresa Turner on 8/11/2012(UTC), greengirl (Michele) on 8/19/2012(UTC), tigger2000 on 7/4/2013(UTC)
Bugsy2 Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 4:53:01 PM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 442 time(s) in 312 post(s)
That's awesome!!! I love VBS!!
Lisa B** Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 5:17:25 PM(UTC)
Lisa B**

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Great Work!!! Neat and Bold.