Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages«<1617181920>
Mercy Offline
#511 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2012 11:36:04 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mary R. Go to Quoted Post
The E2 firmware is 0068.0036.1000

Is this the current firmware?

MaryR

Thanks Mary! I am sorry to say that you have the newer firmware in which you will not be able to update, use the G or CCR until PC releases the update. PC is in the last stage of testing the update and we are hoping that it will be released soon.
Mary R. Offline
#512 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2012 8:37:01 AM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 495 time(s) in 347 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Mary! I am sorry to say that you have the newer firmware in which you will not be able to update, use the G or CCR until PC releases the update. PC is in the last stage of testing the update and we are hoping that it will be released soon.

Mercy,

Thank you for this information, it puts my mind at eastBigGrin & I happy that I already have the update. Less work for me when it is released. I will use my Expression in the meantime.

What I'm concerned about is---just suppose once PC releases the new update, my E2 still doesn't work?

Should I call PC today & let them know the E2 I received has the newer update so they have it on record just in case it doesn't work OR, just assume PC knows my E2 has the newer update?

Thanks again for your help.
Best,
Mary R.

mbhebert1870bd21 Offline
#513 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2012 4:04:52 PM(UTC)
mbhebert1870bd21

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am so angry about it, I could scream.

I am told that it's "so new" that Cricut Sync has to "catch up" with the machine.

So despite PC's claims that CCR "plays well with everything", it doesn't. In fact, it appears that it doesn't play well with E2 at all.

If this isn't cleared up VERY QUICKLY, I will be returning my machine, and contacting the Utah Attorney General's office to report this blatantly false claim.

PC, please get on the ball and fix this problem. I know that I am not alone. There are many Mac users out there (and PC users too) who are disgusted with this problem. It's incredible that you would release a machine with the promise of an online tool and once you have made the sale, then tell those who bought your product that you lied about the compatibility.

Even better, you've only told those of us who have bothered to spend an hour on hold for the chance to tell you about it.

I want to know:

1) When this problem will be corrected and
2) How users will be notified of the fix

FIX IT NOW.

Mercy Offline
#514 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2012 7:14:10 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Mary R. Go to Quoted Post
Mercy,

Thank you for this information, it puts my mind at eastBigGrin & I happy that I already have the update. Less work for me when it is released. I will use my Expression in the meantime.

What I'm concerned about is---just suppose once PC releases the new update, my E2 still doesn't work?

Should I call PC today & let them know the E2 I received has the newer update so they have it on record just in case it doesn't work OR, just assume PC knows my E2 has the newer update?

Thanks again for your help.
Best,
Mary R.

You have a one year warranty on your E2 and I am hopeful that the update will be released before one year! :) However, if you so desire, by all means call PC. :)

I cannot promise you that you will not have to update because it depends on what they will do that will determine if you need to update. If the update updates the older E2's to the same firmware as yours, then you will not need to update.
BarbaraPatch Offline
#515 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 12:16:19 PM(UTC)
BarbaraPatch

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I got my E2 for Christmas. I like it very much and mostly use it with my Gypsy because the gypsy is so flexible. I have downloaded a craftroom project to my Gypsy and cut from that. In an update I would like it to expand like the craftroom does on screen with seperate controls for length and width. This would be especially nice for cuts like photo frames. Either that or a cartridge that is designed to go with the most popular photo sizes (4x6, 5x7, 8x10, 3.5x5). I would also like to know how often to try to update the E2. I really don't know when. What is in an update would also be helpful, because if I update and then don't know what to look for, the update seems less useful.
Barb Patch
Mercy Offline
#516 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 6:19:28 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: BarbaraPatch Go to Quoted Post
I got my E2 for Christmas. I like it very much and mostly use it with my Gypsy because the gypsy is so flexible. I have downloaded a craftroom project to my Gypsy and cut from that. In an update I would like it to expand like the craftroom does on screen with seperate controls for length and width. This would be especially nice for cuts like photo frames. Either that or a cartridge that is designed to go with the most popular photo sizes (4x6, 5x7, 8x10, 3.5x5). I would also like to know how often to try to update the E2. I really don't know when. What is in an update would also be helpful, because if I update and then don't know what to look for, the update seems less useful.
Barb Patch

Do you know how long we have been asking for that cart?LOL Well, it is easier to enter your dimensions in G by use the width and height. It is really simple to do.

I doubt that we will receive any more features added to the G other than to add the features from the new products.

The next BIG update hopefully will allow the G to use the E2 pre-loaded carts. We do not know when the update will be released and usually it is posted.
yooper Offline
#517 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:12:52 PM(UTC)
yooper

United States

My first E2 didn’t work with Cricut Sync and the Gypsy. Until the CCR update it never worked with that either and still won’t recognize the internal E2 carts. But back to dumb, I went out and bought another one hopping it had the upgrade, nope no luck here, still the dreaded 1000 firmware build and still waiting for PC to get their Sh-- together. I wonder if the new CEO “Ashish Arora” with software background knows what he stepped into. I think he needs to look closely at public support and the software division. Maybe we all can get a date instead of hearing “it will be soon” for the last four months. How the heck can you market a CNC machine without the software to operate it? Talk about the cart before the horse.
Mercy Offline
#518 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:58:46 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: yooper Go to Quoted Post
My first E2 didn’t work with Cricut Sync and the Gypsy. Until the CCR update it never worked with that either and still won’t recognize the internal E2 carts. But back to dumb, I went out and bought another one hopping it had the upgrade, nope no luck here, still the dreaded 1000 firmware build and still waiting for PC to get their Sh-- together. I wonder if the new CEO “Ashish Arora” with software background knows what he stepped into. I think he needs to look closely at public support and the software division. Maybe we all can get a date instead of hearing “it will be soon” for the last four months. How the heck can you market a CNC machine without the software to operate it? Talk about the cart before the horse.

A CCR update was released so the E2 now works with CCR including cutting the internal E2 carts.

When you first signed into CCR, did you go to help, about and install E2 drivers?

Did you select the E2 as your cutting device?
Social.Scrapper Offline
#519 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:17:10 PM(UTC)
Social.Scrapper

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I was excited to order my new CE2A. Love Flapper Love As a stand alone machine it works fine. Having it on a larger screen to move things around the paper by eyeballing it is cool. Here is my issue. I am a bust out 20 layouts in a few days and then don't scrapbook for oh lets say 6 months or so kinda scrapper. Today I'm scrappin' using the DS and CCR and I am failing successfully. I am so ticked off at how the CCR & CE2A interacts with each other it is not funny! I tried it with my MAC, I tried it with my WIN laptops and all I can say is I am soooo ready to pack this little sucker up and send it back to ya. I pulled out my old CE & CP to see if the issue was what I like to call a "PEBKAC error" (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair). And the issue is the CE2A & CCR. UGGH!

Now the CCR will not let me log in after I logged out because it said the cartridge is not installed so I could cut and it was. I even pulled it out a few times and reset it. I felt like I was back in the '80 screwing around with the original Nintendo.... Did I mention I cannot sync to use the link cartridges feature. The error says the bridge is out or something like that. The link button is highlighted but when you click it either you get nothing or it says the cartridge cannot be synced at this time.

Please get someone on it to fix it. There is nothing worse than investing in a product and finding it to not do the basic things it promises it can do. Crying Mellow

Just so you know I'm not some crazy chick wielding a Cricut tool at ya. Here is the bottom line for me.... I'm in the middle of Chemo treatments and am having a lot of stress about the whole thing. My Dr. said "Monica, do something that relaxes you and bring you joy". I said oooh I can scrapbook and enjoy going down memory lane on my good days...... I'M NOT RELAXING!!!!!!! This is stressing me out! now I have to pack all my scrapbooking stuff back up and find another relaxing activity. Not happy Cricut, Not Happy.....Mad

Monica
 1 user thanked Social.Scrapper for this useful post.
Mary R. on 2/27/2012(UTC)
Kady Offline
#520 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 7:00:32 AM(UTC)
Kady

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Mad I'm having the same problem as it seems everyone has. I can't get my Cricut to sync to my computer.
1.)I've tried different ports
2.)I've installed and uninstalled so many times it's not even funny.
3.)I've also tried 4..not 1 or 2 but 4 different cables and it's not the cable it's not my computer its the CE2 if I plug other things into the ports they work fine be it camera, phone, printer, mouse whatever. It all works but as soon as I plug up my E2 it gives the to dudunk sound I hit sync and it says "Your Cricut device is not attached to the computer or is not turned on. Plug it in and turn it on to continue using CricutSync"
Thank You PC for offering a machine with so much POTENTIAL. Too bad it doesn't even begin to live up to all of the hype. You have no idea how long I've waited to get a Cricut 2 YEARS!! I wanted to wait and make sure that it's what i really wanted and the E2 seemed too good to be true... I guess that old saying is true. If it seems to be too good to be true then it probably is.

As far as cutting. It doesn't like to grab my mat when it does it forces the paper to arch up in the middle and ends in a horrible grinding halt.

So the answer to the question "How is your E2" quite frankly it's a useless over sized paperweight. I'm a military wife and most of us are really big into scrap booking and crafts when they ask about the cricut I tell them how I really feel about it. I tell them to not even bother wasting their money. To go else where because PC isn't interested their customer base or whether or not their product works right all they're worried about it making a buck.

Oh and yes I have called customer support and in total I've spent SIX hours waiting and trying to figure out the issues.

Another unsatisfied schmuck...
 1 user thanked Kady for this useful post.
Mary R. on 2/27/2012(UTC)
Mary R. Offline
#521 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 8:31:35 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 495 time(s) in 347 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kady Go to Quoted Post
Mad I'm having the same problem as it seems everyone has. I can't get my Cricut to sync to my computer.
1.)I've tried different ports
2.)I've installed and uninstalled so many times it's not even funny.
3.)I've also tried 4..not 1 or 2 but 4 different cables and it's not the cable it's not my computer its the CE2 if I plug other things into the ports they work fine be it camera, phone, printer, mouse whatever. It all works but as soon as I plug up my E2 it gives the to dudunk sound I hit sync and it says "Your Cricut device is not attached to the computer or is not turned on. Plug it in and turn it on to continue using CricutSync"
Thank You PC for offering a machine with so much POTENTIAL. Too bad it doesn't even begin to live up to all of the hype. You have no idea how long I've waited to get a Cricut 2 YEARS!! I wanted to wait and make sure that it's what i really wanted and the E2 seemed too good to be true... I guess that old saying is true. If it seems to be too good to be true then it probably is.

As far as cutting. It doesn't like to grab my mat when it does it forces the paper to arch up in the middle and ends in a horrible grinding halt.

So the answer to the question "How is your E2" quite frankly it's a useless over sized paperweight. I'm a military wife and most of us are really big into scrap booking and crafts when they ask about the cricut I tell them how I really feel about it. I tell them to not even bother wasting their money. To go else where because PC isn't interested their customer base or whether or not their product works right all they're worried about it making a buck.

Oh and yes I have called customer support and in total I've spent SIX hours waiting and trying to figure out the issues.

Another unsatisfied schmuck...

Hi Kady,

I'm on my third E2 from PC and I understand your frustation with the E2. Having said this, I must tell you I also have the Expression which I purchased in 2010. I love, love, love the E and would be lost without it because I can't use my E2. If you can you should buy the E it works with CCR, the gypsy, and DS & 'knock on wood' (using my head lol) won't give you problems like the E2. While I regret every day buying the E2 (I don't have money to throw away) I'm extremely happyFlapper with the E. IMHO many people have problems with their E2 & CCR yet the other Cricut machines seem to work flawlessly with CCR.

I would be oh so happy if PC would send me another E and keep there darned E2.

Best,
Mary R.

Edited by user Monday, February 27, 2012 8:32:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~tallulah~ Offline
#522 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 10:04:15 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
kady did you try the troubleshooting? that's what got mine to work.
mom2rps336d8994 Offline
#523 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 6:01:19 PM(UTC)
mom2rps336d8994

Crying
I got my Expressions 2 for Christmas and I am still unable to use Craft Room.
Today I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the software; hoping that the newer version would be more effective. Nothing. I am connected via the provided USB cord yet the computer is not recognizing my Cricut.
It's really been on problem after another to be honest. I have made several cards which but I can only create using the screen on the machine - the whole point of getting the Expression 2 was to be able to work on my 21" computer screen and not have to use the tiny screen on the Cricut.
Pretty frustrated and disappointed to be honest.
I am hoping to find a time when I can call and get some one on one help to get everything working correctly.
Narelle Offline
#524 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 6:08:21 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7568 time(s) in 3532 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mom2rps336d8994 Go to Quoted Post
Crying
I got my Expressions 2 for Christmas and I am still unable to use Craft Room.
Today I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the software; hoping that the newer version would be more effective. Nothing. I am connected via the provided USB cord yet the computer is not recognizing my Cricut.
It's really been on problem after another to be honest. I have made several cards which but I can only create using the screen on the machine - the whole point of getting the Expression 2 was to be able to work on my 21" computer screen and not have to use the tiny screen on the Cricut.
Pretty frustrated and disappointed to be honest.
I am hoping to find a time when I can call and get some one on one help to get everything working correctly.

Have you updated your E2 using Cricut Sync? (A new version of that was released just over a week ago.) http://www.cricut.com/cricutsync/

Once you have done that you'll need to update the drivers on the E2. You do that from CCR by clicking on the Help menu, Install Drivers, Expression 2 drivers.
mom2rps336d8994 Offline
#525 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 7:28:46 PM(UTC)
mom2rps336d8994

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Have you updated your E2 using Cricut Sync? (A new version of that was released just over a week ago.) http://www.cricut.com/cricutsync/

Once you have done that you'll need to update the drivers on the E2. You do that from CCR by clicking on the Help menu, Install Drivers, Expression 2 drivers.

I reinstalled the software and updated using Cricut Sync today. My machine says it is connected but the web doesn't recognize any of my machine.
By CCR I am assuming you mean Cricut Craft Room - When I go to the main page, before entering the craft room, and click "Install Update Drivers" the only option is for Windows; I have a iMac; when I log into the craft room the help menu (bottom right of the screen) does not have an Install Driver option.

?????

Forgot to mention - After I did the updates today used the troubleshooting option that came up on the update screen. When I answered yes to my cartridges not showing it asked it I wanted it to reinstall my cartridges. - long story short it basically froze up and accomplished nothing. Same thing has happened in the past when trying to install updates.
I REALLY want to be able to use Craft Room - working on that little screen with no keyboard is a pain in the neck. Really hoping my dear honey didn't waste a ton of money getting me this.

I am hoping to call monday for phone help but the boards seem to indicate that there are some persistent and unresolved issues with Expressions 2.
sigh

Edited by user Friday, March 02, 2012 7:34:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: additional info

mom2rps336d8994 Offline
#526 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 7:33:25 PM(UTC)
mom2rps336d8994

Forgot to mention - After I did the updates today used the troubleshooting option that came up on the update screen. When I answered yes to my cartridges not showing it asked it I wanted it to reinstall my cartridges. - long story short it basically froze up and accomplished nothing. Same thing has happened in the past when trying to install updates.
I REALLY want to be able to use Craft Room - working on that little screen with no keyboard is a pain in the neck. Really hoping my dear honey didn't waste a ton of money getting me this.

I am hoping to call monday for phone help but the boards seem to indicate that there are some persistent and unresolved issues with Expressions 2.
sigh
Narelle Offline
#527 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 7:57:18 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7568 time(s) in 3532 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mom2rps336d8994 Go to Quoted Post
I reinstalled the software and updated using Cricut Sync today. My machine says it is connected but the web doesn't recognize any of my machine.
By CCR I am assuming you mean Cricut Craft Room - When I go to the main page, before entering the craft room, and click "Install Update Drivers" the only option is for Windows; I have a iMac; when I log into the craft room the help menu (bottom right of the screen) does not have an Install Driver option.

?????

sigh

Ok, didn't realise you had a Mac. As Mac's apparently don't need drivers you won't see that option in the CCR help menu.

I think calling PC is a great idea. They'll be able to troubleshoot your problem for you and hopefully get you going!

Good luck with your call! Smile
LaDonnaLines Offline
#528 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 4:46:49 AM(UTC)
LaDonnaLines

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I ordered the Anniversary E2 from HSN. The first one I received had solenoid issues, so I had to ship it to PC for an exchange. The new E2 cuts, but even for thin cardstock, I have to set the blade at 6 and maximum pressure. When I cut Bazzill or Anna Griffin paper I have to use multi-cut. I also have the Expression and the Imagine and can cut these cardstocks without using multi-cut. I realize I should have called PC and asked for another exchange at that time, but I really just wanted to use my machne. Depending on the image, multi-cutting, even at the slowest speed can result in torn cuts. It became so frustrating that I packed away my E2 and now use my E and my Imagine. After I spent all that money on the E2, I would like to actually enjoy using it. What, if anything, can PC do for me?
Mercy Offline
#529 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2012 9:05:07 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: LaDonnaLines Go to Quoted Post
I ordered the Anniversary E2 from HSN. The first one I received had solenoid issues, so I had to ship it to PC for an exchange. The new E2 cuts, but even for thin cardstock, I have to set the blade at 6 and maximum pressure. When I cut Bazzill or Anna Griffin paper I have to use multi-cut. I also have the Expression and the Imagine and can cut these cardstocks without using multi-cut. I realize I should have called PC and asked for another exchange at that time, but I really just wanted to use my machne. Depending on the image, multi-cutting, even at the slowest speed can result in torn cuts. It became so frustrating that I packed away my E2 and now use my E and my Imagine. After I spent all that money on the E2, I would like to actually enjoy using it. What, if anything, can PC do for me?

Sorry to hear of your E2 troubles. Have you used a different blade?
LaDonnaLines Offline
#530 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 11:05:21 AM(UTC)
LaDonnaLines

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Yes, I put in a new blade and even swapped out the blade carriage with the one in the Expression. However, strange as this may be, after I did the most recent E2 update, the E2 is cutting just fine. I tested cuts on DCWV Glitter paper and DCWV cardstock. I was able to use single-cut, even on the glitter paper.
Mercy Offline
#531 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 12:31:16 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: LaDonnaLines Go to Quoted Post
Yes, I put in a new blade and even swapped out the blade carriage with the one in the Expression. However, strange as this may be, after I did the most recent E2 update, the E2 is cutting just fine. I tested cuts on DCWV Glitter paper and DCWV cardstock. I was able to use single-cut, even on the glitter paper.

AWESOME! Thanks for posting the outcome! Enjoy! :)
fernande.l21107d5e Offline
#532 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 8:09:52 PM(UTC)
fernande.l21107d5e

I am very new to scrapbooking and Cricut and to this forum. I didn't find this until AFTER I purchased by CE2 or I may have thought otherwise. I was mildly excited that the CE2 came with 2 preloaded cartridges - awesome I can cut things without scissor pain. Then I found Craft Room and I went from mildly to wildly excited - then deeply depressed. Like alot of others on here I cannot get Craft Room to recognize the internal cartridges on my CE2. I have installed, uninstalled, downloaded, unloaded and nearly kicked the cat to no use. I need help but customer support hours are not conducive to my work schedule. Maybe I should just give up. Mellow
Mercy Offline
#533 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 4:18:04 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: fernande.l21107d5e Go to Quoted Post
I am very new to scrapbooking and Cricut and to this forum. I didn't find this until AFTER I purchased by CE2 or I may have thought otherwise. I was mildly excited that the CE2 came with 2 preloaded cartridges - awesome I can cut things without scissor pain. Then I found Craft Room and I went from mildly to wildly excited - then deeply depressed. Like alot of others on here I cannot get Craft Room to recognize the internal cartridges on my CE2. I have installed, uninstalled, downloaded, unloaded and nearly kicked the cat to no use. I need help but customer support hours are not conducive to my work schedule. Maybe I should just give up. Mellow

When did you register your E2?
#534 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 4:30:43 PM(UTC)
fernande.l21107d5e

I registered it Monday evening. I called support last night and they told me that it doesn't actual register until Thursdays. I don't remember seeing that anywhere in the book or anywhere else. So I will try tonight or tomorrow to see if it recognizes the internal cartridges. Thanks for checking.

Lesly
Mercy Offline
#535 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 12:35:58 PM(UTC)
Mercy

I registered it Monday evening. I called support last night and they told me that it doesn't actual register until Thursdays. I don't remember seeing that anywhere in the book or anywhere else. So I will try tonight or tomorrow to see if it recognizes the internal cartridges. Thanks for checking.

Lesly

You're welcome and yes, that is the case. I am assuming that you are enjoying your E2 carts. :)
#536 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 1:43:15 PM(UTC)
fernande.l21107d5e

Mercy
It is working great. I am using the E2 internal carts and Craft Room and have been able to cut without problems. Now I just need to get more carts and learn how to really use this thing.BigGrin
Mercy Offline
#537 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 1:59:41 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Mercy
It is working great. I am using the E2 internal carts and Craft Room and have been able to cut without problems. Now I just need to get more carts and learn how to really use this thing.BigGrin

That is awesome and thanks for posting the outcome.

If you want to learn the E2 better, I would suggest using the pre-loaded carts and just the standalone E2 because CCR takes over the E2 which makes your learning of the E2 limited. I had to do that without using my G so I could actually learn the E2. :) Then when you are comfortable with the E2 do like the rest of us do and SHOP UNTIL YOU DROP!!!! LOL Or is that shop until you are broke!!! LOL At any rate, SHOP!!!!LOL Enjoy!
GaileMcNair Offline
#538 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 6:27:23 PM(UTC)
GaileMcNair

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi All. I just got my E2 last week & this weekend I had the time to play. What I love about my E2 is that 1). Love that I can cut various sizes at one time on my matt; 2). I can put in a piece of scrap paper & size it in my E2. This is great when I only have just a little pice of paper to work with; 3). sometime I forget to size the letteres & I have to go back & size each letter. Not with my E2. I just love my machines. I have the Cricut Expression, the cricut Imagine anf now the Cricut Expression 2. Love it.
sofisresinc530ddb6 Offline
#539 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 2:14:31 AM(UTC)
sofisresinc530ddb6

i ordered my e2 for my birthday. it arrived about a week later. and i loooooooooooved it for that week.

then suddenly, it stopped cutting anything properly...from simple circles (now smushed roundISH things) to the pretty butterfly on the art nouveau cart (losing the gorgeous tails below).

i tried doing the update on the sync tonight. took forever to get it to recognize the machine. still wasn't cutting properly. tried a second, third and fourth time and it wouldn't recognize the machine at all. so, i tried to fall back to the little cricut create that could... it had to update the firmware to try working with the craft room. now, it won't even load a mat. i'm so frustrated! i had some things that needed to be made tonight... not going to happen.

i hate to go to bed angry, but that is what i'm about to do.

does anyone have any clue as to how to fix this before i just pack it up and ship it back?

stacy
millymollymandy6161961463ff Offline
#540 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 11:58:49 AM(UTC)
millymollymandy6161961463ff

United Kingdom

I took delivery of my E2 on 10th March 2012, and started using it about 4 weeks later. I've used it about 4-5 times since with no problems except my unfamiliarity with the differences between it and my Create.

On Saturday I was working with the Flower Shoppe cartridge when the machine switched off. I thought I had inadvertently pressed the power button whilst changing the characters on the screen (which is kind of difficult as it definitely requires a direct press). I restarted the machine and carried on with loading the characters and cutting.

A short time later the machine powered off again and when I switched it back on it came up with the calibration screen??** So I re-calibrated and agreed to the licensing agreement and off we went again. This happened on a further two occasions and the screen is now stuck on the agree/disagree screen.

I have powered off, unplugged for the night, given it a real hard staring at, told it I'll but it back in it's box and get my create out again but nothing seems to work.

I rang my suppliers, CardcraftUK who gave me a toll free number for UK customers to ring, 08081017032, and the advise that it would be best to ring between 5pm and 8pm UK time. This number does not work, it rings and and automated voice says "your call cannot be completed as dialled, please check the number and dial again". It then disconnects and comes up as engaged if you try to ring back.

I tried your direct chat window and was given another number 1 877 727 4288 which doesn't work either, so I was advised to email you at isupport@cricut.com. Unsuprisingly this bounces back from the mailor daemon as no such user!

I have downloaded the sync application and it tells me that the power is on but the device is not communicating (I think this is similar to the wheel is turning but the hamster's dead!), so I ran the troubleshooting assistant and it recommended that I reinstalled the E2 application software. I selected the Yes option and nothing happened. If I select No I go back to the first screen. I never had a CD or DVD with the E2 and don't know if I should have had one.

This machine is a bit too expensive to use as a doorstop, so I'd be obliged if you could offer some help.

Gilly M
(a very disappointed and frustrated English customer with absolutely no UK support).