Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

StephanieConnolly Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 7:21:09 AM(UTC)
StephanieConnolly

Groups: Registered

Im mother of 2 a really want to be more active in scrap booking. i have a ton of cartridges just no time to sit with my expressions machine without little ones fingers. what are the true differances? also is there 2 different gypsy products i find if i order online cheaper in stores almost 300. thanks in advance
Doxieluv01 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:10:22 AM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2261 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
Design Studio and the gypsy are similiar products. However, PC is coming out with a new prodcut called Cricut Craft Room (CCR) which will be a web based program that is similiar to the gypsy and Design Studio (DS).

I would not invest in design studio unless you can find it super duper cheap as it doesn't appear that program updates will be made to DS in the future as they are putting the programmers on CCR

Currently there is only 1 gypsy and if you shop around you can find it for less than $300.00

The gypsy allows you to weld letters into words, it allows you to link your carts to the gypsy so that you don't need to insert them into the cricut when you use the cricut (however, linking your carts to the gypsy will not allow them to be linked to another gypsy ... they will still work in the cricut machine but can only be used on the 1 gypsy).

The gypsy allows you to position your shapes where ever you want on the mat and can use scraps of paper to cut.

The gypsy allows you to create new shapes from existing shapes on the cart library like this ballon I made. I welded basic shapes together to create the balloon

balloon

HTH
StephanieConnolly Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 4:44:15 AM(UTC)
StephanieConnolly

Thanks so much for responding! Im going to purchase the gypsy today on cricut.com as it seems to be the cheapest. Did find another site where it was 110 for the bundle and cartridges were 30.00 some even 25.00. so debating how reliable that site is. Site is papercraftscentral.com. Anyone have any expierences with them.
scrapperinks Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:02:46 PM(UTC)
scrapperinks

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I bought my gypsy from paper craft central and would HIGHLY reccomend them again. I have had 4 other friends buy from them since I have. FAST shipping and great customer service. HIGHLY HIGHLY reccomend them!
tanyaisis Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 6:35:30 PM(UTC)
tanyaisis

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Ive seen gypsy for 100.00 shop i love it to make welded and various stuff
rosecottage Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 11:58:43 AM(UTC)
rosecottage

I got my Gypsy for $94.00 on Amazon...
ElizabethParham Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 12:04:33 PM(UTC)
ElizabethParham

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
In theory, the CCR can do all the things that the design studio and the Gypsy can. I'd say if you'vee researched everything, and the gypsy is what you want, then get it. You might also try cricutmachine.com , they are very reliable and fast, plus they have great sales on carts. CCR has a ways to go yet.
Sheree Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:15:36 PM(UTC)
Sheree

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 69 post(s)
If you go onto CCR you have to be logged online on a computer to use it which when we are away in our caravan I cannot do...but I have Design Studio and love it & think that Provo Craft have to keep updated after all we paid for it and I don't want to just lose that money.

Gypsy...well that's a thorn in my side...I finally got one about a month ago and no matter what I try I can't get it going properly...I have been through all the instructions on here and just have given up after the hundreds of hours spent...just a waste of time and money in my opinion...it will live in the cupboard in it's box...

Just my opinions and experiences with all of the above...Sheree (Downunder)BigGrin
yohill Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:04:32 PM(UTC)
yohill

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I bought my Gypsy at Roberts Crafts on Black Friday for $79.00. The bad thing, I don't get to play with it till Christmas!
Sheree Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:40:05 PM(UTC)
Sheree

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 69 post(s)
I just hope you have better luck than I and many others have...Sheree (Downunder)BigGrin