Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

-Michelle- Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:35:06 PM(UTC)
-Michelle-

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The other day I was able to design in the craftroom and cut with using my expression and print & cut with my imagine. I even had both machines plugged in at the same time. Tonight I have been able to cut with my expression, but when it prepares the image for the imagine, it quits working and stops recognizing my imagine. The screen on my imagine switches from stating it is connected to a keypad image. I have to use my task manager to get out of the craft room. I have rebooted my computer several times and it still doesn't work. Guess the project I hoped to work on tonight, will just have to sit. Guess the other day, was just to good to be true.
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2011 7:42:17 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7587 time(s) in 4442 post(s)
Originally Posted by: -Michelle- Go to Quoted Post
The other day I was able to design in the craftroom and cut with using my expression and print & cut with my imagine. I even had both machines plugged in at the same time. Tonight I have been able to cut with my expression, but when it prepares the image for the imagine, it quits working and stops recognizing my imagine. The screen on my imagine switches from stating it is connected to a keypad image. I have to use my task manager to get out of the craft room. I have rebooted my computer several times and it still doesn't work. Guess the project I hoped to work on tonight, will just have to sit. Guess the other day, was just to good to be true.

Sorry you're having trouble, Michelle. The only thing I can think of is to make sure you have designated which machine you are using (by going to the left menus on OPTIONS and designating the E or the I) BEFORE you shut the computer down. Then, you might unplug your machine from the floor and the hard drive and shut down your computer. Before your computer starts to boot back up, be sure you plug in your machine that you have designated on the back of the hard drive (or wherever you are hooking it into your computer.

To be honest, I wouldn't have them hooked up at the same time to your computer. At least, not the EXPRESSION and the IMAGINE. Now, this might be alright with those machines that are meant to work together, but I'm not so sure these two machines are meant to interract with each other. ESPECIALLY if you don't have the right specifications on your computer for it all to work together. It looks to me like these two might fight for competition in your computer and it's getting confused which one you really want to work with when you get ready to CUT.

If any of this helps you, be sure to come back and let us know--either way, it would be nice to know if you tried any of the suggestions and whether they worked or not, as it might help someone else (either way).

Good luck! - Char

Edited by user Saturday, September 17, 2011 7:43:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

-Michelle- Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2011 6:23:31 PM(UTC)
-Michelle-

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks Char for your reply. After hours of messing with things. Turning off and on, unplugging, trying different cords and USB plugs on my computer I finally got things to work again. I find now though it sits on the preparing image screen and my imagine unconnects it self while it is doing this. Then it reconnects and sends the image to my machine. But at least it is printing and cutting.
MIchelle
 1 user thanked -Michelle- for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 9/18/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2011 8:40:03 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7587 time(s) in 4442 post(s)
Originally Posted by: -Michelle- Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Char for your reply. After hours of messing with things. Turning off and on, unplugging, trying different cords and USB plugs on my computer I finally got things to work again. I find now though it sits on the preparing image screen and my imagine unconnects it self while it is doing this. Then it reconnects and sends the image to my machine. But at least it is printing and cutting.
MIchelle

So happy you got it working for you! - Char