Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Narelle Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 4:57:48 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7568 time(s) in 3532 post(s)
There are some of you having trouble getting the cutting and printing thing working.

Please feel free to email me your CCR file and I'll try and help. If I have the cartridge you've used in the design I'll cut it out to make sure it's working. If not, I can at least check the file for any layering/welding/grouping problems and send it back to you.

You can send your file to me at: craftroomblog@gmail.com

Here's what you need to do to send me the file:

With your design showing on screen click on Open from the top right corner of the screen.
Click once on your file name then click the Export button
Select the "Cricut Project" option then click the Begin button
When it has finished exporting (it shouldn't take long) click the Save button
You can keep the original name or give it a new one.
Make sure you add a .ccr to the end of the file name
Select where you want to save your file to. (I created a directory in my Documents folder called CCR and I save them there)
Click the Save button
You will be taken back to your list of files. You can select Cancel to go back to your main CCR screen.

Attach the file you just saved to an email and send it my way!

I promise you I'm working on a video and will post it as soon as I can. Smile

One other thing. Scrapalette and I thought it might be fun to add a gallery of sorts to our blog for you to post your creations made using this technique. Your photo would be linked to your blog or your message board post if you don't have a blog. If you haven't posted your work to the message board we'll make sure that everyone knows that you created it.

What do you think????

Edited by user Saturday, August 20, 2011 5:41:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DarciCarroll Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 5:24:54 AM(UTC)
DarciCarroll

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I have been playing around with this print and cut thing ...I just this morning wanted to print on printable vinyl the unicorn from once upon a princess ...I printed it just fine but how do u cut just the outline ???? ..I finaly did do one but had to go back into my print file and hit weld on the places I could find the weld button and just deal with a slice or two in my project..( in which I finaly used stickles to cover it up)but there has got to be a better way ....I even tried playing around in the mat layers but couldn't get it to put a copy on a new mat in the same place ( like u can in Design studio)
I would have sent u the file but wasn't sure where to locate files to attach

TIA
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 5:31:24 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7568 time(s) in 3532 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DarciCarroll Go to Quoted Post
I have been playing around with this print and cut thing ...I just this morning wanted to print on printable vinyl the unicorn from once upon a princess ...I printed it just fine but how do u cut just the outline ???? ..I finaly did do one but had to go back into my print file and hit weld on the places I could find the weld button and just deal with a slice or two in my project..( in which I finaly used stickles to cover it up)but there has got to be a better way ....I even tried playing around in the mat layers but couldn't get it to put a copy on a new mat in the same place ( like u can in Design studio)
I would have sent u the file but wasn't sure where to locate files to attach

TIA

I probably should have added that information to my post. I'll update it now. Happy for you to send me the file.
Gemini_Heather Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:18:05 PM(UTC)
Gemini_Heather

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 62 post(s)
There should be an option for each individual layer/piece to or not to cut. That would be easier than figuring out the weld not weld group ungroup thing. Like when u select a piece maybe there should be a check box or something that says don't cut and you can check it. Wouldn't that be sweet.
bearcatnat Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:16:34 PM(UTC)
bearcatnat

Was thanked: 435 time(s) in 257 post(s)
Heather - there is a way to cut only certain pieces. Just put each piece on a different layer. When you go to print/cut, it gives you an option to cut all layers on one mat, or you can select any layer to cut alone.

Narelle - thanks for the info on how to export. I didn't notice that option! I have had at least 5 files corrupted and they are blank when opened. I will now be able to at least back up my work.