Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

woollymoose Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:23:01 AM(UTC)
woollymoose

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am new to the Cricut world and have recently purchased a used Gypsy loaded with dozens of carts (I got the cartridges, too). I also bought a couple of other used lots of cricut cartridges and want to resell the ones that are duplicates of what came on my Gypsy.

How can I tell if the used carts have been linked to a different Gypsy by the prior owner(s)? I know that someone is bound to ask me whether or not they have been linked and I want to be able to give a definitive answer. (I'm nervous about sticking them in my Gypsy to try to find out.)

I would greatly appreciate some help on this topic.
Kam1 Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:44:19 AM(UTC)
Kam1

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
When you try and link the cart on your Gypsy, it will tell you on the screen that it's been loaded onto another Gypsy if it has.

I had this I brought a cart and didn't know it had already been linked to another Gypsy. When I went to link it it said it had already been linked.

Hope this is of some help

KellyBigGrin
woollymoose Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:19:28 AM(UTC)
woollymoose

Thanks, Kelly.

Do you know if it is possible to add the same cart (with 2 different serial numbers) to the Gypsy? I really don't want to add a cart that is already on there and I want to sell in my attempt to confirm that it was not put on aother Gypsy at some point in time. Does it give some sort of warning that it's already been linked BEFORE you try to link it to your own Gypsy?

I hope that made sense. Confused

Thanks again!
woollymoose Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 2:00:39 PM(UTC)
woollymoose

Does anyone know?
Mercy Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 2:44:48 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
woollymoose wrote:
Thanks, Kelly.

Do you know if it is possible to add the same cart (with 2 different serial numbers) to the Gypsy? I really don't want to add a cart that is already on there and I want to sell in my attempt to confirm that it was not put on aother Gypsy at some point in time. Does it give some sort of warning that it's already been linked BEFORE you try to link it to your own Gypsy?

I hope that made sense. Confused

Thanks again!

Yes, you can link another cart of the same title to your g. The easiest way to do it is to go into the cart library, the drop down box select carts linked and it will show you all of the carts linked. Therefore, if the cart is not linked, it will show it on the list which will lessen your chances of having duplicates.

woollymoose Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 6:38:10 PM(UTC)
woollymoose

mercy wrote:
Yes, you can link another cart of the same title to your g. The easiest way to do it is to go into the cart library, the drop down box select carts linked and it will show you all of the carts linked. Therefore, if the cart is not linked, it will show it on the list which will lessen your chances of having duplicates.

That is REALLY good to know. Thank you, MERCY! :)

Now, do you know if there is a way to tell if a cartridge is linked to a DIFFERENT Gypsy? I have sold quite a few of the duplicate cartridges on ebay already and so far nobody has asked if they are linked to a Gypsy. I would hate to see someone with a Gypsy get stuck with a cartridge they can't link, though. Maybe I'm worrying for nothing, but I just want to be honest about what I'm selling.

Thanks again!
Mercy Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 7:01:25 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
woollymoose wrote:
That is REALLY good to know. Thank you, MERCY! :)

Now, do you know if there is a way to tell if a cartridge is linked to a DIFFERENT Gypsy? I have sold quite a few of the duplicate cartridges on ebay already and so far nobody has asked if they are linked to a Gypsy. I would hate to see someone with a Gypsy get stuck with a cartridge they can't link, though. Maybe I'm worrying for nothing, but I just want to be honest about what I'm selling.

Thanks again!

If someone tries to link a linked cart that was previous linked to another g, the g will give a message that the cart has been linked and the serial number of the that g.

If it has not been linked, the g gives a warning that you are about to link the cart.